Feb 01, 2002, 06:30 PM
Thread OP

New Video clips, Mig 3 and SE5 ...

Big thanks to Andy for taking the time to update his web site with some new video clips, taken at the last Aeronutz fun fly.
They are at the bottom of the

page.http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andy.birkett/video.htm

At the bottom there is Simon with his famous little Pitts special free flight, its about 5 years old and everyone wants to mother it!

Interesting delta by Ray, steers nicley by creating drag on the wing tip usign a "dragalon" Flies nice and slow too.

Graham's super little 11.5" SE5 and Marks MIG 3 use two 50mA cells, geared KP00 with new carbon fibre thin tip props.

All these remote control planes use infra red control and weigh about 25g.
Note the size of our hall, we can easily mix our 25g, remote control planes with the free flight guys

Next month ... thinner wings, 70mA NiMH cells instead of 50mA Nicd's, slightly smaller planes, 15 per cent lighter and elevators ....
to remove ads between posts
Feb 01, 2002, 10:18 PM
25 grams! That is a MONSTER of a plane

My latest Jiglet is 12 grams with a pager motor and a Dr. Chris RX. Static tests show 7 gram thrust for 2.5 minutes - rafters here I come!

Michael
Feb 02, 2002, 05:24 AM
Formerly of mcba fame
Brilliant!

Makes me want to go build one now!

What sort of cost are we talking to build one of those things with equipment?
Feb 02, 2002, 08:32 AM
Sticky Shepherd
Mark will no doubt give you the exact pricing but you are talking very little really. The IR receiver which includes the esc and a dc-dc converter is 25GBP the actuator coils and associated magnet are 7GBP. You then need a KPOO motor which geared is about 12GBP and two 50mAh cells which you will probably know the price of. Excluding paint I reckon my Se5 airframe cost about 3GBP. Oh and a Ztron TX, they are in short supply but I'm sure this will change soon. All the bits can be got from Mark at the aeronutz. www.aeronutz.flyer.co.uk

Graham
Feb 02, 2002, 11:47 AM
Thread OP

E Pilot

7g - That's getting greedy!
I will have to speak to that Dr Chris, someone could be killed!
Feb 02, 2002, 11:52 AM
Thread OP

MBCA

My corsair is now on holiday in Belgium, do you know Philippe?
He has it and he has a IR system too - and now some 2mm Depron so he is going to make some super artistic planes
I asume you could go to his flying site and see it - Philippe is just learning to solder micro circuits - the postman broke the Corsairs wiring
Mark

do you remember seeing Philippe's F/F Me109 at indoor site ?http://www.aeronutz.flyer.co.uk/
Feb 02, 2002, 12:56 PM
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
Ztron IR stuff isn't available right now?
Feb 02, 2002, 06:38 PM
Thread OP

Z Tron

As I understand it, you can have any of the Rx units (there are several) but there are no more Tx cases.
Sergio is looking for a cheap Tx case, really cheap, we have found lots of fairly cheap ones.
Or he may modify the programmign and use a standard R/C Tx case, I prefer this idea because we coudl just ship over the cicruits and use some second hand Tx's which is much cheaper in postage.
Or if we had the correct pots we could modify R/C Tx's, we have been looking for cheap pots for a long time.
As there are about 500 out there somewhere you might advertise for one second hand. Ray has just told me he has bought one second had over here - so we have one spare now
Bob Selman mentioned he made his own Tx on his posting recently

Mark

ps Simon has sorted out his computer, so we hope to have some more vids soon ....
Tommorow is National Carbon Fibre Prop day ...
Feb 03, 2002, 06:38 AM
Formerly of mcba fame
Thanks.

Afraid I haven't met Phillipe. I did see his ME109 on your site though.

I don't have an indoor venue. Can IR be used in confined outdoor spaces?

Quick Reply