May 15, 2016, 05:51 PM
GOT WINGS
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Eachine E30W WIFI FPV With 720p Camera 2.4G 4CH 6-Axis Headless Mode RC Quadcopter RT

This quadcopter was sent to me courtesy of Banggood. Banggood order this quad for me and shipped it on April 21, 2016, and it arrived on May 7, 2016. 16 days for delivery, good transit time. It was shipped Air Parcel Registered. The box inside of the plastic envelope and foam was very beat up, it looked like someone had sat or stepped on it. One of the transmitter sticks was pushed through the cardboard of the box, but the contents of the box were unharmed. I guess Air Parcel Registered may be the same as gorilla mashed and mangled shipping, this was the worst case of damage to a package I have ever recieved, maybe the USPS knows I have been talking bad about them. The box measures 400 x 300 x 80 millimeters. Pictures:
Name: zze30pckg.jpg
Views: 41
Size: 154.2 KB
Description: Name: zze30pckg2.jpg
Views: 42
Size: 77.6 KB
Description: Name: zze30box.jpg
Views: 41
Size: 107.0 KB
Description: Name: zze30box2.jpg
Views: 44
Size: 84.5 KB
Description: Name: zze30bxx.jpg
Views: 40
Size: 133.5 KB
Description: Name: zze30bxcnt.jpg
Views: 68
Size: 138.6 KB
Description:

First impressions

This quad is mini sized at 230mm and is shaped much like the Bayangtoys X5C-1 Which is the same size. It is all black with black props except for to gold tape stripes on the front arms. It has four long legs instead of skid type landing gear. Prop mounts are the same, the props are longer than the X5C props by 3.5mm, the X5C props are wider, but the hubs of the E30 are shorter. The LED covers are the only other part of the E30 that seem interchangeable with the X5C. The camera is 720P Wifi and mounts to the bottom of the quad with two slots and clips, it has an antenna that is about 140mm long that mounts ot one of the landing legs. The camera has a 4 pin camera micro JST plug but only 3 wires going to it. The LEDs are blue in front and red in back. It has protection shields under the main gears. The lights are at fairly bright. The quad comes with the props installed but not the camera, landing gear, or the prop guards. It does not have has bearings, The main gear and prop mount/shaft act as bushings. It has an on/off swith on the bottom. The battery bay door is large and the 550mah stock battery seems small inside the bay. Battery comes with a micro losi connector.
Name: zze30qd.jpg
Views: 49
Size: 128.0 KB
Description: Name: zze30grgrd.jpg
Views: 67
Size: 97.2 KB
Description: Name: zze30cw.jpg
Views: 53
Size: 73.4 KB
Description:

Banggood's description

Brand Name: Eachine
Item Name: 2.4G 6 Axis RC Quadcopter
Item NO.: E30W
Frequency: 2.4G
Gyro: 6 axis
Color: Black,White
Control Distance: About 70m
Charger Time: About 50mins
Flight Time: 6.5mins
Battery: 3.7V 550mAh (included)
Remote Control: 5 x AA battery (not included)
Quadcopter Flighting Weight : 130g
Quadcopter Size: 31.5cm * 31.5cm * 10.5cm

Features:
-With WiFi 720P camera, can transmit the live image to your phone.
-With Headless Mode, no need to adjust the position of aircraft before flying .
6-Axis gyro quad-rotorcraft flight, strong stability, can easily implement various flight movements, easier to control.
2.4G technology adopted for anti-interference, even more than one quadcopter is flying at the same time they will not interfere with each other.
Lightweight airframe with nice durability.
It can realize 3D tumbling in four directions.
Battery protection.

Function: FPV / ascend / descend / forward / backward / side flying / 360°rolling action / 3D / LED / camera / CF mode

Package included:
1 x Eachine E30W RC Quadcopter
1 x WiFi Camera
1 x Transmitter
1 x 3.7V 550mAh Battery
1 x USB charger
4 x Propeller Cover
4 x Landing Gear
2 x Propeller
1 x Phone Holder
1 x Screwdriver
1 x English Manual

Dimensions and Weights

Motor to Motor(MTM) Diagonally----230mm.....................................MTM Side to Side-------------163mm
MTM Front to Back-----163mm............................................. ..................Height/ground clearance-----60mm
Transmitter measures-----142 x 135 x 53 mm .................................Transmitter Sticks-----92mm CTC x 20mm tall
Props measure-----140 mm/5.5 inches...................................... ..................Motors--7mm x 20mm
Quadcopter body weight-----86.0 grams............................................. All up weight-----112.8 grams
Landing legs-----7.4 grams............................................. .......................Prop guards-----9.4 grams
Battery-----17.2 grams............................................. ...............................Camera---10.0 grams

Range of quad-----------200 feet............................................. ............Battery bay-----60.0 x 29.5 x 12.0 mm
Battery measures-----44.5 x 26.0 x 9.0 mm

Transmitter

The transmitter is white and is the same size as a Wltoys V2x2 transmitter. It has 3 speeds controlled by pushing down on the left stick. It has short sticks, not thumbpads. It has an 1 blue LED on/off indicator. It has no LCD screen, just a sticker where the screen should be that reads EACHINE. The antenna has a flat side and a hole for mounting the monitor clip. Pushing the right shoulder stick down initiates auto flips. The left shoulder button is for photos, the right is for video. After turning on the quad and transmitter, you must push throttle stick up then down to complete bind. Pulling both sticks to the lower right calibrates the gyro/accelerometer. It does not retain trim when turned off and back on. The transmitter uses 6 AA batteries. It apparently has yet another protocol, I could not get any other transmitter to bind with the quad.
Name: zze30tx.jpg
Views: 75
Size: 90.3 KB
Description: Name: zze30tx2.jpg
Views: 68
Size: 171.7 KB
Description: Name: zze30tx3.jpg
Views: 85
Size: 161.5 KB
Description: Name: zze30fpv.jpg
Views: 72
Size: 187.6 KB
Description: Name: zze30fpv2.jpg
Views: 66
Size: 221.0 KB
Description:

First Flights

The first flight was indoors because of the wind outside. The quad was not really stable even when trim was added. It will drift in one direction or another, when trimmed, it would still not stay close to one place, but would drift again in what seemed like ever changing drift directions. Sometimes I thought I saw it do a little dip before it started driftin. Made it a little difficult to fly indoors, but I have found in the past that outdoors, this type of drift does not matter as much. Did not use a stopwatch on this flight, but it was less than 5 minutes with the camera mounted and unplugged.

On the second flight I flew it with the camera and prop guards installed but with the camera unplugged. It was windy, probably at least 10 to 15 mph wind, but I have a small wind break. Even in mid speed, it could go into the strong wind, but it was pushed around a bit. It has good power, and seems fast. The yaw rate is good at low speed, increases for mid speed, and is really fast in high speed. The pitch also increases in mid and high speed, at high speed, the pitch is at least 45 degrees, and the quad will dive quickly towards the ground. With full forward pitch, the throttle will not maintain altitude in high speed, and the quad will quickly head downward. The lights do not help much in daylight but should be plenty bright for night flying. I timed this flight at about 4.75 minutes. The battery discharged to about 3.5 volts at rest. I used my pro charger to recharge it. Funnels were within about a 4 foot diameter in mid speed, and it spins almost like a top in high speed.

The third flight was just a hover test indoors to check stability and time the flight with the camera mounted, but not plugged in. I timed the flight at 5 minutes. Again, there was small drift in random directions no matter how many times I tried to trim the quad, I could not get a stable hover. And if the camera was working, I do not know how much the flight would be shortened. I think it definitely needs a higher mah battery.

Before the fourth flight, I changed the fcb battery plug so I could use JST battery plugs because I have several batteries that have higher mahs and would fit using JST connectors. Using an old 1200mah battery, I timed the flight and a few flights after this one at 8 minutes with or without having the camera plugged in. I do not think the camera was drawing any power even when plugged in. And the lvc lights started flashing at about 4 minutes even though the quad would fly ok for about 4 minutes with lights flashing, maybe due to it being an old weak battery. I also tried auto flips and the quad does very good flips with less than a foot change in altitude. It was hard to do a good test of VRS because of the wind, but I think there is some wobble when descending straight down. It does have enough power to recover without hitting the ground if you cut the throttle at 30 feet and then give it full throttle at about 20 feet. Much lower than 20 feet, and it will touch the ground before recovering.

Camera/Monitor

The camera is a wifi fpv camera that transmits to a cell phone. You have to read a QR code that is included in the manual to download the wifi app. I managed to get the wifi app downloaded even though scanning the QR code brought up a completely chinese page for downloading. After trying to get the camera to work for at least an hour, I noticed that there was no light coming on inside the camera like most cameras have, so I concluded that the camera is not getting power. I will have to take the quad apart to see if I can find a loose wire or solder joint. The camera is clip mounted to the bottom of the quad, but it is not very secure, it fell loose in several mild to moderate hard landings. It has a lens tilt adjustment that can be pointed almost straight down and can be pointed slightly above horizontal. There is a slot in the back of the camera for a micro SD card but no card was included.
Name: zze30cam.jpg
Views: 62
Size: 117.8 KB
Description: Name: zze30cam2.jpg
Views: 48
Size: 116.2 KB
Description: Name: zze30ant.jpg
Views: 70
Size: 88.0 KB
Description:

Range

I got about a 200foot range without any antenna modification. Range with antennas both standing straight up to be tested, it has been too windy where I fly to do another range test.

Battery and Charge cord

The battery is rated at 550mah but has no C rating. The battery came with a charge of 4.00 volts, too high IMHO. It has a micro losi connecter. When I landed the quad after the lvc lights started flashing, it measured at rest about 3.50 volts. I have not tried using the charge cord as of this posting.
Name: zze30bat.jpg
Views: 75
Size: 109.1 KB
Description:

Lights

The LEDs are single bulbs placed about midway on the underside of each arm and covered by tinted lenses. They are blue in front and red in the back. In daylight, they are visible up close but not very bright. In the dark, the LEDs are very visible from most angles and a good aid for orientation. The landing legs have a bright metallic gold stripe painted down the middle and those stripes reflect a lot of the light from the LEDs.
Name: zze30lites.jpg
Views: 86
Size: 123.5 KB
Description: Name: zze30lites2.jpg
Views: 61
Size: 137.6 KB
Description: Name: zze30lites3.jpg
Views: 51
Size: 132.2 KB
Description:

Comparison

The quad is about the same size as a Wltoys V686G and a Bayangtoys X5C-1. It is most like the X5C-1 in size and shaper. It is faster in all aspects than either of them and also faster than a U807. It is not as stable as any of the three.
Name: zze30qdcmp.jpg
Views: 51
Size: 130.0 KB
Description: Name: zze30qdcmp2.jpg
Views: 67
Size: 129.8 KB
Description:

Conclusion

The Eachine E30 is a good looking quad that seems to be put together well. It has good power and agility. It has LEDs that will help for night flying, but are somewhat hard to see in daylight. It is a fast and sporty flyer, maybe more sporty than suited as a camera quad, but in windless conditions in low speed, it should work well as a camera quad, and could be a very good FPV trainer. I think it would be a very good quad for a beginner and for someone wanting to try FPV without spending a lot of money. The biggest problems I have with it are not being able to get the camera to work and a slight problem with stability. I would rate it about a 5 out of 10 on my rating scale, where 1 is bad, and 10 is excellent.

Pros

Nicely built/good looking design.
Decent transmitter.
Good power.
Good funnels.
LEDs
On/off switch.
Proportional, fast yaw.
Very good proportional pitch.

Cons

All black with black props, not much help for orientation in daylight.
Not stable in hover.
Not enough power to maintain altitude full pitch in high speed.
Does not come with a big enough battery.
No bearings.
No SD card provided.
Only two spare props.

Thanks to Banggood for providing this quad for review.
You can find it here for $46.99 USD shipped: http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-E30W...070760201208BW
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2016, 05:52 PM
GOT WINGS
Thread OP
Reserved for tear down and modifications.
May 15, 2016, 05:53 PM
GOT WINGS
Thread OP
Reserved for Camera, photos/videos.
May 15, 2016, 07:27 PM
Multirotor Addict
Great review siriusflier!

I have one on the way, should have my hands on it in the next day or two. Can't wait to check it out.
May 21, 2016, 05:24 PM
I received mine in the mail today about 18 business days it took. Can't wait to get out of work to check it out. I will post pics later on
Jun 05, 2016, 11:32 PM
nice detailed write-up! just received mine, tomorrow test flight
Jun 11, 2016, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by recwap
nice detailed write-up! just received mine, tomorrow test flight
After I test it I found out two things about this quad:
- it looks that can't record on micro SD card, only on the phones memory.
- It can be APP controlled (both virtual stick and phone gyro)
You can find more about my impressions here: Eachine E30W review
BTW, compared to my X5C (the first edition) it is faster and more stable.
Jun 11, 2016, 07:14 AM
GOT WINGS
Thread OP
I don't have an Syma X5C but I have a Bayangtoys X5C and several other quads close to the same size as this one. This quad is possibly the fastest of all my brushed quads this size with the steepest pitch. I was unable to get the camera to work, think it might have a loose wire inside the quad and I haven't got around to taking it apart again.
Jul 03, 2016, 08:22 AM
i'm interesting in getting an Eachine E30. Just wondering if anyone knows what protocol it uses or if anyone has tried flying this quad with a devo?
Oct 12, 2016, 06:30 PM
Bump. Anyone find out what protocol it's on ?
Oct 12, 2016, 09:20 PM
GOT WINGS
Thread OP
YAP It apparently has yet another protocol, I could not get any other transmitter to bind with the quad. Don't know about Devo.
Oct 13, 2016, 06:47 AM
Ah too bad, thanks.
Oct 17, 2016, 02:13 PM
I find the e30 to be a really fast and powerful Syma x5c clone. But only rate 1 and 2 are useable. Rate 3 has pitch greater than 90 degrees and the yaw is too fast. Real good in windy conditions. Range is pretty good at about 100 m.

The only other issue is that is impossible to keep this quad in a hover within a 10 foot square space. It drifts all over the place. So not suitable indoor flying. (Possible gyro problem)

It looks great and provides fast fun flying outdoors. Amazing lighting for night flying.

Note: the Skydreamer plus camera works perfect on this quad.
Last edited by Gimp Man; Oct 28, 2016 at 02:51 AM.

Quick Reply