May 16, 2016, 01:37 PM
Dont forget the velcro straps
sometimes theres no reason for it to be wrong.....just sayin. just because its foam, and a arf, doesn't mean it should be right. I know there are times when things need to be fudged...but it theres no need to change it...why do it wrong....that's all im sayin.

I think overall the new 104 looks great. will I buy one yet..not 100% certain.
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2016, 02:44 PM
I am, as normal, confused. Is the 90 MM 104 going to be available in the US or not ???
May 16, 2016, 02:58 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLLayton
I am, as normal, confused. Is the 90 MM 104 going to be available in the US or not ???
Yes, Motion RC is the U.S. distributor.
May 16, 2016, 03:21 PM
Augermeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOFO1
Mike_Then Thanks for posting about these models getting ripped by nit pickers. These are model representations of the real planes. I have been very happy with the Freewing jets. They look great in the air. I find humor when the nit pickers start with the " this is wrong, this and that are in the wrong place, the chingadera is one millimeter off size". For the price, good enough to enjoy. You want scale knock your self out and spend away to get it. Thanks again Mike_Then.
Could not agree more. Close enough. After all, these are replica airplanes created from foam molds. Detailed with replica graphics and sold at an affordable price point.

If you're looking at the F104 flying by you would have to say: " Hey, that's an F104 !" Same thing with the Mig 21, F5, F-16, A6, F86, F14, Mirage, T-45.

Freewing and Motion have done a remarkable job in re-creating these iconic jets ! I think they're stunning.

Hawk
May 16, 2016, 03:53 PM
don't get me wrong guys, I think it looks great, and from the videos, seems to fly awesome. theres really only a couple things I could really nit pick....could be more, but those are things you cant get away from with foam. overall, id say they did a great job. still, just because its foam doesn't mean you should settle either. but that's just my opinion, so not that it matters or anything
May 16, 2016, 04:50 PM
also, pics have a way of bringing out the worst in things because you have time to sit there and stare at it, plus, camera lens's can play tricks. i'll reserve my final conclusion until I see it in person. it think it looks great as is (thought not perfect ) but in person....I might just have to fall in love with it
May 16, 2016, 07:48 PM
I think there is a lot of validity on both sides here. $500 is a pretty good deal for a good quality, 100+ mph scale-looking jet that is ready to go in under an hour. BUT, $500 is still a pretty good chunk of change, at least for me, and customers should never settle. Part of the problem I see right now is there is virtually no alternative to Freewing, and at the end of the day we'll buy about whatever they put out. So far their planes have been very nice indeed, and it seems motionrc is dedicated to keeping it that way. But competition rarely hurts the customer
May 16, 2016, 07:56 PM
Retired US Navy
I assume this is a production one, though an early production one and not a white preproduction Alpha painted to look like the production will?
May 16, 2016, 07:59 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Early production with Motion RC requested improvements.
May 16, 2016, 08:09 PM
Augermeister
I'm hearing FMS is planning on getting in on the larger jet scene. But Alpha, Tom,Enos etal would know better as they also sell FMS. HSD would be another potential competitor as they compete in the sport jet space. Stinger versus Viper and now have upped the ante with the 105mm F-16.

HK has basically abandoned mid size and 90 size jets.

I'm certain Freewing and MRC are very aware of any potential threats. All they need to do is continue delivering high quality products at reasonable prices with great aftermarket support. This proven Formula seems to work well.

Hawk
May 16, 2016, 08:20 PM
HSD is interesting our group has purchased a bulk quantity of the F-16 and also the large Viper so we shall know very soon.! A plus point of both these models is they come with brakes fitted and being Singapore they are coming the Singapore F-16 Black Knights aerobatics colour scheme so should be nice..... fingers crossed.
May 16, 2016, 08:32 PM
Mach One
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisp_sg
HSD is interesting our group has purchased a bulk quantity of the F-16 and also the large Viper so we shall know very soon.! A plus point of both these models is they come with brakes fitted and being Singapore they are coming the Singapore F-16 Black Knights aerobatics colour scheme so should be nice..... fingers crossed.
Given the opportunity, HSD makes great models IMO. They are at times too anxious to get it out to market.
May 16, 2016, 11:02 PM
Comin' in HOT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote
I think there is a lot of validity on both sides here. $500 is a pretty good deal for a good quality, 100+ mph scale-looking jet that is ready to go in under an hour. BUT, $500 is still a pretty good chunk of change, at least for me, and customers should never settle. Part of the problem I see right now is there is virtually no alternative to Freewing, and at the end of the day we'll buy about whatever they put out. So far their planes have been very nice indeed, and it seems motionrc is dedicated to keeping it that way. But competition rarely hurts the customer
You're right. There is not much competition to Freewing on these larger EDF jets. But, they are doing a damn nice job. If they weren't, they wouldn't be selling these by the thousands.

We just got to thank MRC and FW to continue to improve on each new release. Great time for foamy EDF's, even if there isn't competition in the market. I'd say FMS is missing the boat.
May 16, 2016, 11:39 PM
Mach One
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdford
You're right. There is not much competition to Freewing on these larger EDF jets. But, they are doing a damn nice job. If they weren't, they wouldn't be selling these by the thousands.

We just got to thank MRC and FW to continue to improve on each new release. Great time for foamy EDF's, even if there isn't competition in the market. I'd say FMS is missing the boat.
FMS can and should enter the larger 90mm EDF market - they are capable !!
May 16, 2016, 11:41 PM
Kicking Tires
I can see both sides of the "Scale Fidelity" versus "Cost/Flyability/MassProduceability" equation. If I had more control in this particular project, there are a couple things I would changed, a couple concessions I would have designed around. But that being said, this bird does look the part and isn't a slouch in the performance department either, as xplaneguy guy can attest, so for the price point I'm happy. It's unique, sought after, well featured, (comparatively) easy to fly, and fits in one ground shippable box. Objectives achieved.

Speaking of which, I'm very close to announcing final production specs and an official price. You don't see behind the scenes, but trust I'm fighting tooth and nail for you guys. I think most will be very happy with the price.

Vic, Brent, any of you near Apollo, come down Friday afternoon or Saturday for a test drive. I'll see if I can send one to Western States since I won't be on the continent... Who near me is going? I'll have a second one, not slated for destructive testing, that I can allocate to someone to take over there for test drives.

Regarding industry competition, I welcome it, 110%. As a customer, I'll benefit. As a distributor/designer, we've reached out to all our current manufacturing partners and many other manufacturers to join us and help us push the envelope. The offer stands to all: Let us get involved more deeply to optimize your product. We're not perfect but historical precedent says the Motion Touch won't hurt your business.

Quick Reply