May 13, 2016, 11:43 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Repairing Tacon Bigfoot Motors

I figure this one be a good place to pose this question. I have a Tacon Bigfoot 46 outrunner that went straight in when I made a programming mistake on my radio. Nothing looks damaged on the motor, destroyed the plane though. There is damage to the bearings however. Still runs, just sounds a bit rough and has a whine.

So, my question is, has anyone ever replaced bearings on this or other outrunners? If they can be replaced, I've got a good source of bearings, I can probably get them for free. Anybody know?
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2016, 05:36 AM
Ronaldo Nogueira
Yes, disassembling motors is the first step of doing any repair or rewind.
Check the sticky for threads and tips
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240993

Ronaldo
May 14, 2016, 10:36 AM
homo ludens modellisticus
Several bearing replacement threads, tips, tricks, sources.

Video instructions
www.innov8tivedesigns.com = Scorpion USA
→ resources
→ video classroom
→ shaft and/or bearing replacement videos

Prettig weekend Ron
Last edited by Ron van Sommeren; May 14, 2016 at 10:43 AM.
May 17, 2016, 11:46 PM
Thread OP
Hey, thanks guys! You're awesome! It's actually pretty darn easy. Got the bad bearings out and have new ones on order.

Cheers!
David
May 18, 2016, 06:06 AM
Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub Flyer Fresno
Hey, thanks guys! You're awesome! It's actually pretty darn easy. Got the bad bearings out and have new ones on order.

Cheers!
David
Good for you!

And if the new bearings do not show any evidence of having been previously lubricated, treat them to a sip of decent oil before you install them.

Jack
May 20, 2017, 10:10 PM
Do you have the part numbers for the Tacon Bigfoot 46 bearings? Where did you order them from?

Thanks
May 21, 2017, 11:23 AM
I've a tacon160 with everything but the three bearings and the tiny pin to hold the shaft in the rotor if anyone is in the Bay Area and wants to pick it up for 20$ San Francisco.
Tightest bearing fit of any motor I've taken apart.
May 26, 2017, 01:26 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome350
Do you have the part numbers for the Tacon Bigfoot 46 bearings? Where did you order them from?

Thanks
Hey there chrome350,

A friend of mine from where I work knew where to find them. He works in the purchasing department for our manufacturing facility. He's good! I'm pretty sure this is where he got them from, 95% sure. Good luck and let me know what you find!

https://www.bocabearings.com/parts/Small-Bearings

David
May 26, 2017, 02:42 PM
It's a beautiful motor.
Last edited by Hummina; May 26, 2017 at 08:35 PM.
May 26, 2017, 06:54 PM
Jack
I would just edit my post and delete all the words and leave a "deleted" comment in the post.

If it is not your thread you can't delete posts.

Jack

Quick Reply