3D IS for everyone - RC Groups
Thread Tools
May 13, 2016, 04:10 PM
My name is Naga
nagas's Avatar
Discussion

3D IS for everyone


Since there seems to be considerable interest in discussing 3D training and flight, I thought I would open a new thread dedicated just to that topic.

Hope you all enjoy it!

Here is a list of Freddy Can Fly videos to get us all going:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...4I5KwNX0sHdg81
Last edited by nagas; Feb 11, 2017 at 04:27 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 13, 2016, 08:54 PM
Bro, it is harvest season!
Alan Szabo Jr. ALIGN Trex 600E Prototype Flybarless 4/1/2011 (4 min 31 sec)
May 13, 2016, 09:06 PM
My name is Naga
nagas's Avatar
Great first post! Thanks.

Keep 'em coming guys
May 14, 2016, 02:07 AM
Rotor Controller
CaptJac's Avatar
May 14, 2016, 02:36 AM
Bro, it is harvest season!
TAREQ ALSAADI Flying GAUI X7 with GENS ACE Battery (5 min 45 sec)
May 14, 2016, 04:39 AM
Registered User
Aside from the publicity, what do the previous stunting posts have to do with "Beginner Training Area (Heli Electric)", which is the forum name?
May 14, 2016, 04:43 AM
My name is Naga
nagas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJac


Howdy Captain! Good to see you here.

Some great 3D flying being posted here, let's see where this thread goes.
Last edited by nagas; May 14, 2016 at 04:11 PM.
May 14, 2016, 06:07 AM
Bro, it is harvest season!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmsda
Aside from the publicity, what do the previous stunting posts have to do with "Beginner Training Area (Heli Electric)", which is the forum name?
The original post not only says training, it says 3D training and flight so it isn't only strictly training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagas
Since there seems to be considerable interest in discussing 3D training and flight, I thought I would open a new thread dedicated just to that topic.

Hope you all enjoy it!
May 14, 2016, 06:18 AM
Bro, it is harvest season!
Here is a training video then for 3D beginners.

Flight lesson 4 (freddy can fly) (10 min 31 sec)
May 14, 2016, 06:35 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by denis747
Here is a training video then for 3D beginners ...
Yes, now we are off publicity disguised as personal training, and onto beginner 3D training ie. a video in keeping with the spirit and the letter of this forum name. Thank you.
May 14, 2016, 06:45 AM
Bro, it is harvest season!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmsda
Yes, now we are off publicity disguised as personal training, and onto beginner 3D training ie. a video in keeping with the spirit and the letter of this forum name. Thank you.
Those videos were not intended for publicity, they show what 3D flight is. Did I tell you that they were for publicity?
May 14, 2016, 06:59 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by denis747
Those videos were not intended for publicity, they show what 3D flight is. Did I tell you that they were for publicity?
I did not accuse you of anything, and it would have been unjust to have done so. Period.
May 14, 2016, 07:13 AM
Bro, it is harvest season!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmsda
I did not accuse you of anything, and it would have been unjust to have done so. Period.
That is ok, no problem, I might have misunderstood this phrase;
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmsda
Yes, now we are off publicity disguised as personal training, and onto beginner 3D training ie. a video in keeping with the spirit and the letter of this forum name. Thank you.
I apologize if I misunderstood it. Let's enjoy the hobby.
Last edited by denis747; May 14, 2016 at 07:27 AM.
May 14, 2016, 01:07 PM
Destroyer of Threads
Steve_'s Avatar
This is precisely the reason I bought my Nano CPS - to learn mild 3D.

It's durable enough that if you fly over grass and use throttle hold you can crash all day long.

I already own plenty of 3D machines, but I can't afford to learn 3D on them.

While I'm not a big fan of the smack style flights, a large smooth loop properly executed
is a beautiful thing and someday I'm gonna figure it out.

The Nano CPS is a tank, and so far I have not even popped off a link - and that was after hitting a forklift and a 30 ton crane.



Last edited by Steve_; May 14, 2016 at 01:21 PM.
May 14, 2016, 01:14 PM
Registered User
elan's Avatar
If Immelmanns are considered 3D, I fly 3D; that's why I call myself a sport flier :-)