Script "Map Error" pop-up with Vector software - Page 2 - RC Groups
May 22, 2016, 11:10 AM
I am still having issues with the pop up. I have ticket #505513 opened.

I have the Vector software working on one Windows 10 laptop but not the other. Of course I would prefer it to work on the one that currently has the problem.

Both laptops have pretty much the same programs running but the Vector software works on my newer Asus but not the older Acer (where all my other FPV software and files are).
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2016, 10:23 AM
Can you download and install the beta again and test? We have made another change that should fix the issue;

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Late...-1207-beta.exe

Regards, John
May 23, 2016, 07:35 PM
Thanks John, I finally got it.

I tried just downloading the most recent beta with the link support gave me but I still had the problem.

Apparently Windows 10 fails to show you all instances of a file name when you use explorer search. At the suggestion of my son I downloaded Everything.exe from https://www.voidtools.com/downloads/ .

I then deleted anything that had the name EagleTree or Vector including old registry files. (be really careful here because the word Vector is used in many programs especially 3D printers).

After a reboot and download of the 1207-beta I finally can use the software without the annoying popup error message.

Now, back to flying waypoints!
Nov 30, 2016, 03:39 AM
I have been running v12.07 from the time of its full release, on windows 7. And have had no issues.
But i recently load google Earth and from this time, get a script error and can no longer use the google earth flight logger in the vector software.
I have tried removing GE and its systems files, plus reloading a fresh version of V12.07.....and still no luck. Any ideas people?
Nov 30, 2016, 09:21 AM
Hello,

If you're comfortable using the Windows "registry editor" please try uninstalling the software and then deleting the following branch from your registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Tree Systems Vector After deleting this registry branch please re-download 12.07 again from our website and re-install it.

Just FYI, if this was an issue with the software/maps we would have been receiving other reports of this, which we have not. If the above does not fix the issue, it is likely a change on your computer that is causing the issue. Has anything changed lately? (change in your firewall or anti-virus) Any new updates installed?

Otherwise, if you are unable to get it working, please open a support ticket.

Regards, John
Dec 01, 2016, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the reply John.
I have done what you recommend and turned off firewalls, got rid of chrome, GE, antivirus software. Ran v11.78 , tried an earlier Java. And still know luck.
I also tried it on another Windows 7 PC that I knew v12.07 worked on, and it too comes up with the same error when accessing
maps.googleapis.com.
I have not used this PC for over a month and I know it did not have this problem last time I used it at the flying field.
I also tried it on and Windows XP PC , and it to has the issues. But my Windows 10 PC is ok with it.
Last edited by matchbox; Dec 01, 2016 at 02:26 AM.
Feb 28, 2017, 05:10 PM
I have the same issue with latest release software 12.54 version on a windows 7 pc.
What can I do?

Thanks!
Feb 28, 2017, 05:36 PM
I opened a support ticket with Eagle Tree. And they had no idea.

Or I can tell you what I found fixed the issue.
You need to have Internet Explorer 11 installed on a Windows 7 machine.
Regardless of whether you are using it as a web browser or not. It needs IE 11 to communicate with google maps.
Mar 07, 2017, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel32
I have the same issue with latest release software 12.54 version on a windows 7 pc.
What can I do?

Thanks!
Hey ET crew... Any info or advice about this??
Thanks!
Mar 08, 2017, 09:36 AM
Hello,

Be sure you have all the latest Windows updates and the latest version of internet explorer.

Regards, John