Official YI 4K Action Camera - Page 5 - RC Groups
Jun 17, 2016, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTronic9000
Wow that's a poor review and poor details about the Yi2 also:
- all action cameras made in china are cr*p, by this logic let's not forget that the GoPro is also made in China...
- The Yi2 only has gyro at 1080p @ 30 fps ? come one we are in 2016, we have 2K, 1080p @ 60 fps and even 2160P @ 24 with gyro working in 100-140$ cameras.
Yes, no stabilisation at 4K and even at 1080P30 I had to read the captions to work out which side was the stabilised video!

https://xiaomiprime.wordpress.com/20...nus-tech-tips/
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2016, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_
Well you wont want to take it out of the waterproof case when it is raining - the microphone and ventilation holes appear to all be on the top where the rain drops will go straight inside! And one of the stereo microphone holes appears to be directly under your finger when you have it over the shutter button.
No but I like to mountainbike and then I want it to be in protective case. When it's dry I like to have sound recorded so an open case or backdoor would be perfect.
Jun 19, 2016, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Wow that's a poor review and poor details about the Yi2 also:
- all action cameras made in china are cr*p, by this logic let's not forget that the GoPro is also made in China...
- The Yi2 only has gyro at 1080p @ 30 fps ? come one we are in 2016, we have 2K, 1080p @ 60 fps and even 2160P @ 24 with gyro working in 100-140$ cameras.
My english is not that good, but I actually understood that he liked this camera.
Jun 19, 2016, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicu
My english is not that good, but I actually understood that he liked this camera.
Likeing a product has nothing to do with simply having no ideea of what are you talking about. That review is like saying I like red cars because the color is cool interested of what's under the hood, the power, the fuel economy...and he is using it in 2nd gear only, etc.
Latest blog entry: JJRC Q46 Speed Runner - Review
Jun 19, 2016, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Likeing a product has nothing to do with simply having no ideea of what are you talking about. That review is like saying I like red cars because the color is cool interested of what's under the hood, the power, the fuel economy...and he is using it in 2nd gear only, etc.
Well said.

4K 30 video quality and the 6-axis gyro stabilization will determine the quality of this product. That's similar to the top speed and gear changing of a sports car. The outlook of which one is of no major technical comparison.
Jun 20, 2016, 01:03 AM
Review from @LinusTechTips
The GoPro Killer!? (9 min 15 sec)
Jun 20, 2016, 04:42 AM
Yi 4K Cameras will be delivered to the first lot of Crowd Funding customers starting June 22, Wednesday.
Jun 20, 2016, 08:00 PM
Jun 20, 2016, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMcCoy
Just been reading the Chinese forum, bit surprised to see that there is no video out, not even an hdmi out It does have a screen unlike the Yi I but they still seem to have left some things off that are normally considered standard!
Jun 20, 2016, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Just been reading the Chinese forum, bit surprised to see that there is no video out, not even an hdmi out It does have a screen unlike the Yi I but they still seem to have left some things off that are normally considered standard!
yup..the camera also looks bigger in size compare to Gopro so need to do some modification to the gimbal.
Jun 22, 2016, 06:33 AM
Q and a from geekbuying :

Q1. Does it have wide option like in gopro?
A1:It has. In YI 4K its named “ultra”

Q2. What about language options?
A2: International version will be English, Chinese version only with Chinese.

Q3. What photo modes are there? can you change shutter speed and iso manually?
A3: Photo, Timer and Burst mode. Those are all can be adjusted manually: Metering mode, shutter, ISO, EV, etc

Q4. What are the dimensions? And weight?
A4: 65mm (L) x 42mm (H) x 21 mm (W); 95 gram with battery.

Q5. Battery is removable?
A5: Removable

Q6. Does it have gyro stabilizer?
A6: Yes, 6 axis gyro

Q7. What bitrate that 4k is recorded? Don’t want to buy an SD card that is underpowered. I saw in the camera specs that 64gb max SD but nothing about the transfer rate requirements.
A7: 60mbps the same as gopro

Q8. Remote from the old camera is compatible?
A8: Yes, it’s compatible

Q9. Does the 1080 120fps and 720 240fps able to record audio?
A9: Both can record audio

Q10. How many physical buttons are there?
A10: Just one button

Q11. AV out support?
A11: Yes, supported

Q12. Can it operates(taking pictures/video) without pairing with phone?
A12: Yes, of course

Q13. What about the WiFi?
A13: 2.4G and 5G

Q14. Will the field of view change if you change the resolution? like the gopro which has a larger view when set to 4k compared to 1080
A14: Yes

Q15. Can you tell me if the timelapse video function will make a 4K/30fps video file?
A15:It will function in 4K 30fps and 2.5K 30fps

Q16. Can you give an information about ports in this camera? On the right side it has something as a cap. Can you answer please, what is under it?
A16: It’s USB port support AV out and battery charging

Q17. Is there a selection of other Wide Angle degree to choose aside from 155 degree wide angle, 170 degree ,190 or 200?
A17: It doesnt

Q18. Please check the 720P 240fps The video out put is 240fps ( Gopro ) or slower 1/8 ( 30fps and NO SOUND ) ??
A18: When recording in 240fps it has sound

Q19. Does the camera have infinity focus? Will all Yi2′s have the IR filter as standard?
A19: It’s already infinity focusing; all YI 4K action cam will have IR filter which coating on the lens

Q20. Is it possible to use touch screen, when camera is in waterproof box?
A20: Its not possible, but you can do all the essentials with waterproof case on

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...tm_campaign=FB
Jun 22, 2016, 09:06 AM
Thanks god there is TV out.

Quote:
there is no video out
Jun 22, 2016, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMouse
Thanks god there is TV out.
Don't know which article to believe now, but the only connector is a micro USB so if it has video out on that, there is no chance of external microphones etc.
Jun 22, 2016, 10:41 AM
Some pictures and comments in Chinese:
http://bbs.xiaoyi.com/forum.php?mod=...0&extra=page=1

Images are not bad as long as you don't look too close at 12MP, seems a little out of focus towards the sides:

("Mi" logo - thought it was a "Yi"?)
Jun 22, 2016, 03:36 PM
You don't need a mic for aerial recording.

Quote:
Don't know which article to believe now, but the only connector is a micro USB so if it has video out on that, there is no chance of external microphones etc.

Quick Reply