Official YI 4K Action Camera - Page 4 - RC Groups
Jun 10, 2016, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giteart
I was looking for a camera for fpv with optical image stabilization. I could find none.

Only thing close is this new (and expensive) camera that has digital image stabilization.

I am wondering how hard is it to put such a thing on cameras since my mobile phone (LG G4) has optical image stab and 4K video recording at 30fps and its more than a year old?
Not difficult, expensive (how much is yr phone and how many millions do they make?)

Get a sony action camera, they have optical image stabilization.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2016, 03:38 AM
Quote:
I was looking for a camera for fpv with optical image stabilization. I could find none.

Only thing close is this new (and expensive) camera that has digital image stabilization.

I am wondering how hard is it to put such a thing on cameras since my mobile phone (LG G4) has optical image stab and 4K video recording at 30fps and its more than a year old?
Look at Revl Arc. Supposed to be the first action camera with a built-in gimbal.

Have you checked out the new cameras with gyro stabilization, such as Git2, Firefly S6, SJ5000X, etc... ? Their stabilization is super impressive. You could call it a "hardware stabilization" because they use the hardware gyro to apply all the software corrections to the images. Their stabilization is more impressive than LG G4's, which is wobbly, has a warp effect and is not impressive at all to be honest.
Jun 10, 2016, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_V939
Not difficult, expensive (how much is yr phone and how many millions do they make?)

Get a sony action camera, they have optical image stabilization.
It may not be difficult to add gyro stabilisation, but it seems to be quite difficult to get gyro stabilisation that works well!

Only the bigger Sony cameras have "optical stabilisation", the action cameras use a gyro, although it can be difficult to tell from the Sony marketing. There are quite a few people who say that their Gitup Git2 does a better job of stabilisation than their small Sony cameras.

The only issue with the Git2 is that it doesn't do true 4K like the Yi 4K, however it does use a 16MP sensor to do it, the 12MP sensors used in cameras like the Yi 4K do not have enough pixels to produce true 4K unless you turn the gyro stabilisation off. The Git2 does have enough pixels but adds some horizontal compression.
Jun 10, 2016, 06:04 AM
Revl Arc seems good and small but too expensive.

I checked out the Git2 image stabilization and I was actually impressed. Would you recommend it for and HD recording fpv camera? I read in some reviews that it is bad in low light though. The Git1 was better.

For anyone interested (including me) I found a great deal in gearbest for the pro version with waterproof case that brings the price down to 92euros. Use Promo code GitUp2
Jun 10, 2016, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Revl Arc seems good and small but too expensive.

I checked out the Git2 image stabilization and I was actually impressed. Would you recommend it for and HD recording fpv camera? I read in some reviews that it is bad in low light though. The Git1 was better.

For anyone interested (including me) I found a great deal in gearbest for the pro version with waterproof case that brings the price down to 92euros. Use Promo code GitUp2
I have some footage from the Git2 on my quads and hex with and without gyro HERE
Latest blog entry: JJRC Q46 Speed Runner - Review
Jun 10, 2016, 06:33 AM
Very interesting video comparisons thanks! I want a new HD camera to replace my mobius and was thinking about the runcam2. Now I am thinking that the Git2 is better and has more stable image. I like the runcam2 more streamline profile that produces less air drag though.

Or maybe should I wait for the mobius M2? Any thoughts on the subject?
Jun 10, 2016, 06:35 AM
optical vs digital stabilisation, the biggest different is in digital you lose a part of the screen resolution (this can be fixed if the camera uses a higher resolution).
and optical uses more power (i guess)
Jun 10, 2016, 06:40 AM
I don't know when the M2 will be release, also the RunCam2 opinions are split. The GoPro form factor of the Git2 has an advantage for gimbal usage and it fits all the gopro accessories. You can find more about it in it's thread as I don't want to hijack the YI's thread.
Jun 10, 2016, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_
It may not be difficult to add gyro stabilisation, but it seems to be quite difficult to get gyro stabilisation that works well!

Only the bigger Sony cameras have "optical stabilisation", the action cameras use a gyro, although it can be difficult to tell from the Sony marketing. ....
The guy was asking why no mfg used optical stabilization like in his phone and I pointed Sony action camera with optical stabilization.

the BOSS stabilization system on sony camcorders is a totally different beast .
Jun 16, 2016, 02:19 PM
Review:
http://yt2fb.com/xiaomi-actioncam-yi-ii/
Jun 17, 2016, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmaus
Wow that's a poor review and poor details about the Yi2 also:
- all action cameras made in china are cr*p, by this logic let's not forget that the GoPro is also made in China...
- The Yi2 only has gyro at 1080p @ 30 fps ? come one we are in 2016, we have 2K, 1080p @ 60 fps and even 2160P @ 24 with gyro working in 100-140$ cameras.
Jun 17, 2016, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTronic9000
Wow that's a poor review and poor details about the Yi2 also:
- all action cameras made in china are cr*p, by this logic let's not forget that the GoPro is also made in China...
- The Yi2 only has gyro at 1080p @ 30 fps ? come one we are in 2016, we have 2K, 1080p @ 60 fps and even 2160P @ 24 with gyro working in 100-140$ cameras.
Sorry that he's talking trash which everybody knows already. We need more 4K videos coming from this camera instead. Pretty bad if the 6-axis gyro only works in 1080P@30 fps if it's really the case. Mine should arrive by this month end.
Jun 17, 2016, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Chan
Sorry that he's talking trash which everybody knows already. We need more 4K videos coming from this camera instead. Pretty bad if the 6-axis gyro only works in 1080P@30 fps if it's really the case. Mine should arrive by this month end.
Yes, exactly, I think he does not have any idea of what is he speaking....
Jun 17, 2016, 06:00 AM
Let's wait for some real user reviews.
Hopefully real fast!
I have my eyes on this cam.

Hope there is an backup backdoor with openings for sound recording.
Jun 17, 2016, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmaus
Let's wait for some real user reviews.
Hopefully real fast!
I have my eyes on this cam.

Hope there is an backup backdoor with openings for sound recording.
Well you wont want to take it out of the waterproof case when it is raining - the microphone and ventilation holes appear to all be on the top where the rain drops will go straight inside! And one of the stereo microphone holes appears to be directly under your finger when you have it over the shutter button.

Quick Reply