Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 20, 2016, 03:12 AM
Nice !
Would be nice to have more video footage , especialy in low light conditions , and also non edited .
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2016, 03:59 AM
Flying while Frying
I pre ordered one!

I am very excited!
May 25, 2016, 04:58 PM
What about Protune / Flat Color Profile?
Whats the Bitrate @ 4K30p?
May 25, 2016, 05:25 PM
Mtz
Mtz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruido
Yes, Xiaoyi is one part of Xiaomi
You are on this forum just to offer links for geekbuying?
XiaoYi is owned by XiaoMi, but Yi is not XiaoYi anymore even at some moment Yi used the XiaoYi website with the permission of XiaoMi. But starting with Yi2 the Yi company have its own website and is not using any XiaoYi or XiaoMi word on their website or on their products description.

The site you advertising is using a fake name for Yi 2 by adding the XiaoMi word just to sell this product. Now Yi company is mature enough and is not needing anymore to use the name of XiaoMi just to sell. Yi2 have a great CMOS, good chipset and if will use good lens and quality control before launching the product on the market will be a good camera which does not need a false XiaoMi advertising from desperate online sellers like geekbuying, gearbest, banggood. Right now these stores are taking preorders even they didn't saw the real camera which exists now just as some factory samples.

enjoy,
Mtz
May 30, 2016, 04:52 AM
Gearbest special promotion for Xiaoyi YI 4K
http://www.gearbest.com/promotion-xiaomi-yi-4k-action-camera-special-635.html?ncdsifj
Jun 06, 2016, 04:06 AM
http://z.m.jd.com/project/details_2/...m=m&orderfrom= Mobile web site
or
http://z.jd.com/project/details/54911.html

Crowd Funding till June 12, 2016
Last edited by Alan Chan; Jun 06, 2016 at 04:12 AM.
Jun 07, 2016, 10:11 AM
Mtz
Mtz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcofan76
Gearbest special promotion for Xiaoyi YI 4K
[/URL]
I don't know how are working these pre-sales if the SONY CMOS factory is not producing sensors because of recent japanese earthquake which was damaging their factory from Kumamoto.

If Yi camera is using a Sony sensor this camera can be sold only if Yi company ordered CMOS before the earthquake.

What if you will order now and receive the Yi2 in October like Nikon did with their KeyMission camera which was delayed from spring to October?

enjoy,
Mtz
Jun 07, 2016, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz
I don't know how are working these pre-sales if the SONY CMOS factory is not producing sensors because of recent japanese earthquake which was damaging their factory from Kumamoto.

If Yi camera is using a Sony sensor this camera can be sold only if Yi company ordered CMOS before the earthquake.

What if you will order now and receive the Yi2 in October like Nikon did with their KeyMission camera which was delayed from spring to October?

enjoy,
Mtz
Wow, so according to yr knowledge, yi camera sensors are made in this factory and those sensors have not been already delivered for mass production...

Well, I hope you will be aware sony doesnt' have only 1 factory...aren't you??

http://www.fujirumors.com/sony-senso...the-fuji-x-t2/
Jun 07, 2016, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_V939
Wow, so according to yr knowledge, yi camera sensors are made in this factory and those sensors have not been already delivered for mass production...

Well, I hope you will be aware sony doesnt' have only 1 factory...aren't you??

http://www.fujirumors.com/sony-senso...the-fuji-x-t2/
That news report is a bit out of date, if the current release date was based on that news then there are likely to be some further delays.

The sensor used in the Yi2 will only be made in one factory, the one that is not in production due to earthquake damage, the other factories will not have the necessary equipment.

As Mtz said, if the reason it hasn't been released yet is that Yi are waiting for the sensors then be prepared for a few months delay. There does seem to have been some delay in sending even review samples out.
Jun 07, 2016, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_
That news report is a bit out of date, if the current release date was based on that news then there are likely to be some further delays.

The sensor used in the Yi2 will only be made in one factory, the one that is not in production due to earthquake damage, the other factories will not have the necessary equipment.

As Mtz said, if the reason it hasn't been released yet is that Yi are waiting for the sensors then be prepared for a few months delay. There does seem to have been some delay in sending even review samples out.
Sorry, but I dont' get it (are u sure?).

Quake was mid april, YI was announced beginning of may.
For a camera which should have been available in june for shipping in June, manufacturing had to happen at least in may, components received at least in april.

Thus do you think they would have announced it in may for shipping in JUNE if they had not already procured the sensors in april?
Jun 07, 2016, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_V939
Thus do you think they would have announced it in may for shipping in JUNE if they had not already procured the sensors in april?
They probably have enough sensors for a small first batch, but at the time it was announced they did not know how bad the damage was. If they don't think they have enough to meet demand then they may delay the launch.

The point is that we do not know the situation, so if you pre-order then you may get one soon, but you should also be prepared for a long wait.
Jun 07, 2016, 07:09 PM
The first batches are for Crowd Funding local sales. More accurate information will be announced on the Chinese Web Sites. Please don't speculate unless you read all the information on the web sites in Chinese only.

Translations from the Crowd Funding Web site as below:

We Commit : Within 30 Days Delivery after date of completion of Crowd Funding (which is June 12)
We Commit : The first batches are for the Crowd Funding users

Only Chinese Version is available for the 4K Yi Cameras through Crowd Funding.
Last edited by Alan Chan; Jun 07, 2016 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Chinese Translations
Jun 08, 2016, 05:05 AM
http://m.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Yi-4K-S...p-1053052.html

Preorder available at Banggood as well.
Jun 10, 2016, 12:41 AM
I was looking for a camera for fpv with optical image stabilization. I could find none.

Only thing close is this new (and expensive) camera that has digital image stabilization.

I am wondering how hard is it to put such a thing on cameras since my mobile phone (LG G4) has optical image stab and 4K video recording at 30fps and its more than a year old?

Quick Reply