Joe Nall News - Jeti DS-24 Color Radio First Look

We were super pumped when we heard about the Jeti DC-24 with a color screen. Tray radios are not as popular in the US, but we knew a DS-24 handheld version would not be too far behind...

Splash

First look at the new Jeti DS-24 Radio

We were super pumped when we heard about the Jeti DC-24 with a color screen. Tray radios are not as popular in the US, but we knew a DS-24 handheld version would not be too far behind. While the release is still a few months away, ZB and Esprit Model brought one down to Joe Nall for us to oogle over. It's awesome. The screen looks great and can easily be seen in direct sunlight. It also features vibrating sticks and voice input that allows you to tell it what to do like deploy the flaps, drop the retracts, or anything else you can think of. It's another step forward in radio technology. Check out the video below to see our first look at the DS-24.

Check out Esprit Model for all the Jeti Radios here.

May 11, 2016, 03:21 PM
killickb
Can't see color adding to my piloting abilities but that voice activation sounds nice, no more having to feel for the correct switch out of a multitude of switches..

And I suspect much of the time you are feeling for that switch while that very expensive scale job is flying "free flight"! Note: I cannot afford nor have the skills to utilize one of these Super Tx.

Pretty soon you will need ground school (if you don't already) to program/operate these new Txs and as for remembering, let alone finding, what each switch is programmed for, only the young can know!

Still, these advances are amazing especially for the small segment that uses them -- no doubt a lot of this is a cross over from consumer electronics.
May 11, 2016, 03:54 PM
most exalted one
"retracts!, NO NO not the flaps!"..........
May 11, 2016, 06:06 PM
Taranis Tyro...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60
Exactly. I love all these new features that the likes of Jeti and FrSky are bringing out, but I really cannot see how this will work on a noisy flying field with engines and motors running nearby - anyone who's ever tried dictating into their phone will know it can be a trying experience...
Last edited by MattyB; May 12, 2016 at 01:36 AM.
May 11, 2016, 08:24 PM
Plug in microphone clipped close to you. We tested it at the Joe Nall and it works well with Bluetooth ear clip headphone.

Zb/Esprit
May 12, 2016, 01:54 AM
I think I'll wait for the skull cap which interacts directly with your brain waves!!
May 12, 2016, 04:26 AM
Grow old disgracefully!
My brain waves????
I'll wait for the one that uses a decent pilot's brain waves pre-programmed into it to correct my inputs.

Dick
May 12, 2016, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60
Ah Ah Yes If you are flying and your friends come near to you asking: Are your FLAPS DOWN? or are you using High Rate now? It will probably activate them for you

Like what you can see on some smartphone when you use voice control.

Probably you have to wear a mic close to your mouth and say that you prefer to fly alone in the flight line...
May 12, 2016, 05:51 AM
most exalted one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Plug in microphone clipped close to you. We tested it at the Joe Nall and it works well with Bluetooth ear clip headphone.

Zb/Esprit
Yes, but it was funny thinking about it!!
May 12, 2016, 12:19 PM
MK
MK
Quote:
Originally Posted by uragano47812
Ah Ah Yes If you are flying and your friends come near to you asking: Are your FLAPS DOWN?...
It is now!!!!!
May 12, 2016, 01:47 PM
Very nice. Any word on price and availability?
May 12, 2016, 02:46 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Maybe 3 months on availability. No pricing info is available yet.
May 12, 2016, 05:10 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuneup
very nice. Any word on price and availability?
1900-2000 CF edition
May 13, 2016, 01:21 PM
Team Nobody
How about a color display upgrade for the DS-16?

Scott
May 13, 2016, 01:27 PM
Forbidden to have url here :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie Gas
How about a color display upgrade for the DS-16?

Scott
Not coming, needs new hardware also.
Latest blog entry: www.rc-thoughts.com

Quick Reply