This thread is privately moderated by phil alvirez, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 11, 2016, 09:41 AM
Thread OP
Cool

canaries

yesterday when i looked from my window at the trees nearby checking the wind, i noticed some movement on the grass. it was covered with yellow flowers, but some seemed to be in motion. so watching more closely i saw 2 canaries: 1 with the head and wings of dark color, the rest bright canary yellow. the other with just a few dark feathers so it was mostly yellow. nice sight. they were picking something (seeds?). then the darker found a puddle where took a bath. funny the way they do that. suddenly both took off. i never saw canaries flying free, only in cages. and with winter so cold here this was the last place i could imagine seeing them. perhaps came from the south as the temperature is now above freezing and are becoming sort of migratory birds too. perhaps escaped from their cages and learned how survive in the wilderness. grown in cages, most birds if get free often die as dont know how to find food and water. so it was a pleasant surprise i would say. it is 1 of the wonders of this spectacular land of the north, always full of surprises. (although some are not very welcome, like tornados and storms).
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply