May 12, 2016, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by txt killer View Post
LAMO Neither have YOU ! Why would I even bother when that is not what the OP wants. The OP is talking about a TOKI .15 and wants information on parts to make it a pull start conversion. Which you haven't provided anything but a video and some parts which isn't the total conversion or the information he wants. You have $5 left to spend for a total pull start conversion for this $17Toki engine. As I have said from the beginning isn't worth the cost of the engine to convert. Baggood.com is the cheapest place to buy parts. Please post a better price
for this Toki .15 engine that the OP has????
http://www.banggood.com/15-Methanol-..._content=73669
I've provided everything needed including what pull start and one way bearing to use which is a go pull start and 12mm one way bearing. The toki backplate would normally come with the engine and may be hard to get a hold of but I've shown that it's at least possible to convert as shown in the video.

Banggood is bang expensive and nowhere near as good for finding parts as Ebay and aliexpress which have better prices, better buyer protection and better delivery terms. The toki engine is a bargain even without a pull start especially if it would normally come with a backplate for mounting a go pull start.
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2016, 04:31 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek01 View Post
Hello everyone,
Please download the image before going into this....
Hi all
As of today i have prchased TOKI 15 SIZE engine from banggood.
But it without a pull starter. NOW I WANT TO INSTALL A PULL STARTER HOW TO DO THAT? I MEAN IM MESSING WITH THE BACK PLATE some said on a forum that just need to pull off that backplate and scew that pull starter in....
IS THAT OKAY? OR I NEED TO ORDER A FLAT BACK PLATE?
Thank you...
PLEASE DONT ASK TO GOOGLE OR YOUTUBE CAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ANY ANSWER ABOUT THIS.
Learn to READ You haven't provided anything! You can't put a pull start on this engine for $17 LAMO!
May 12, 2016, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Learn to READ You haven't provided anything! You can't put a pull start on this engine for $17 LAMO!
I've read everything lol I've also done research and posted relevant information unlike you who hasn't posted anything of use or relevance. Lmao
May 13, 2016, 07:18 AM
Suspended Account
LAMO! LOL where is the parts list?????????? The OP wants a parts list. Udder useless information. As I have said from the beginning the cost to add a pull start is more than the cost of the engine $17.
Last edited by txt killer; May 13, 2016 at 07:20 AM. Reason: NOT yet FINISHED!
May 13, 2016, 07:33 AM
Quote:
LAMO! LOL where is the parts list?????????? The OP wants a parts list. Udder useless information. As I have said from the beginning the cost to add a pull start is more than the cost of the engine $17.
Txtkiller filling the thread with more useless posts 'udder useless information'.
May 13, 2016, 07:42 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfrog1 View Post
Txtkiller filling the thread with more useless posts 'udder useless information'.
Exactly what you do! over and Over. You haven't provide a parts list as the OP has requested.!
How hard is it for you to post a parts list (claiming you have) to retro fit a Toki .15 engine???????
The OP want's the parts need to convert it. He dosen'[t want to waste time buying the WRONG parts.
Last edited by txt killer; May 13, 2016 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Not yet finished!
May 13, 2016, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Exactly what you do! over and Over. You haven't provide a parts list as the OP has requested.!
Not what was requested read other posts. You clearly don't read your own udder posts.
May 13, 2016, 07:51 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Not what was requested read other posts. You clearly don't read your own udder posts.
More udder useless posts. Either post the parts he needs to make it possible to convert the engine to pull start ore LEAVE!
May 13, 2016, 07:53 AM
I've posted all the information lol
May 13, 2016, 07:53 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Hello everyone,
Please download the image before going into this....
Hi all
As of today i have prchased TOKI 15 SIZE engine from banggood.
But it without a pull starter. NOW I WANT TO INSTALL A PULL STARTER HOW TO DO THAT? I MEAN IM MESSING WITH THE BACK PLATE some said on a forum that just need to pull off that backplate and scew that pull starter in....
IS THAT OKAY? OR I NEED TO ORDER A FLAT BACK PLATE?
Thank you...
PLEASE DONT ASK TO GOOGLE OR YOUTUBE CAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ANY ANSWER ABOUT THIS.
Quote:
1)No im getting only what you see...
2)what the things i may need to add a pull starter can you make a list of it **actually im a newbee in this area**
3)What if when i can cut of the "C" type of back plate.
Quote:
I did! and you haven't! I don't see anything from you but Udder nonsense. Post the parts numbers he needs!
Last edited by txt killer; May 13, 2016 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Not yet finuished!
May 13, 2016, 08:01 AM
Suspended Account
Anybody actually have the part numbers needed to convert a Toki .15 engine to pull start Please post them to help the OP OUT!!!!!!! As I have said from the beginning it is not worth the cost of the engine $17 to convert it.
May 14, 2016, 04:42 PM
Thumper King
That took engine op posted seems to have a generic shaft protruding from the backplate.

So what I would do is measure the shaft size and the distance from each of the 4 back plate bolts.

That way you can find a one-way bearing, backplate and pull start. To be honest I don't think it any different than any small block. I've had a couple tokis only huge diffrence is that they are ported directly on the block. There is no sleeve.

So OP I would ask you disassemble the engine and share the dimensions if you could.

As txt killer said these engines are dirt cheap. Actually a guy was selling a 2000 engine lot for 400 dollars about a year ago on this very forum.
Last edited by Barracuz; May 14, 2016 at 04:50 PM.
Aug 30, 2016, 07:45 AM
Thread OP
insted of investing 30 usd in a backplate i added 60usd in 30usd so the sum is about 90 usd and build my own 3d printer and got these parts printed.....if someone wants the stl file simply pm me for free. i have added some paper in the hex nut cavity in pull start...and all worked for me perfectly....the plastic part is too tough that it cannot be break by hands...BTW thankyou all for talking your time into this.
Aug 30, 2016, 07:49 AM
Thread OP
note i have got all these parts printed only for less than 5usd..if someone wants the same for his her engine pm me....i will ship him internationally at just for 6usd...for any engine.
Oct 17, 2019, 12:48 PM
Thread OP
Thank you for your response well what i did is just parted off that ""C" part from the engine back plate on a lathe machine after that i have 3d printed a plate for that and it worked just fine but never able to get that engine started because of fuel issue till now but i hope will do it very soon as i am building a 3d printed rc car.
I hope it will run without struggling as it was sitting for more than 3 years fully packed!

Quick Reply