Jun 04, 2016, 06:33 AM
Thanks so much for the info, really appreciate it.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2016, 10:05 PM
Hard to tell but I think these might fit for the front. Have asked for proper dimensions from BG

http://www.banggood.com/HQ-731732733...-p-947017.html
Jun 04, 2016, 10:12 PM
Car Bashing
Thread OP
They seems 4 or 5mm too long but shorten shock absorber is always possible with a piece of tube on the shaft inside damper body.

It seems that these shock can do the job : http://www.banggood.com/HSP-110-Rc-F...nt=chenfenglan
Jun 04, 2016, 10:38 PM
not too thick at 16.5mm?
Jun 04, 2016, 10:49 PM
Car Bashing
Thread OP
It will be 1.5mm (3mm / 2) more. As we have to change screw we can put the shock a little more high. There is 1 mm from stock shock absorber to upper deck.
Last edited by Jym73; Jun 04, 2016 at 10:55 PM.
Jun 04, 2016, 11:08 PM
Thanks Jym.

I am thinking I might be over complicating all of this. This will not be a race truck but a basher for a 10 yr old that wants an SCT. He loves the looks of the way a lot of SCT body roll into the corner. If the shocks are to soft to take off and jump without bottoming out all of the time it may just be easier and better to add a second, smaller compression spring inside the shock body that is about half the length of the shock travel. This way the first part of the travel will be soft but then stiffen as it goes further into the travel and the second spring starts to become engaged.

I think I just need to buy this and start playing.

I am a little disappointed at the lack of video for the SCT version. I guess that will come with time.
Jun 05, 2016, 04:11 AM
scratched but still going
Quote:
Originally Posted by emu26

Also Jym, I'm about to order the SCT version and am about $15US short of being able to use a $10 banggood voucher, do you know if any of their shocks that would do as an upgrade to the stock shocks on this buggy?

Thanks very much
Get a second battery. Spare ones are available for the feiyue.
Jun 05, 2016, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratch_ed
Get a second battery. Spare ones are available for the feiyue.
Good idea but I have plenty of li-po I can use. I've also added some 1/10 tyres to the order and I am just waiting for BG to confirm size of some shocks which I will add and should get me to the $100US mark.

Thanks anyway.
Jun 05, 2016, 07:34 AM
Car Bashing
Thread OP
You can also use a 2200mah 35c zop power, it fit in battery tray, more speed (not too much more but more) and more play time.

Quote:
I think I just need to buy this and start playing.
Yes, buy in same time or separately is same on banggood for this kind of item as lot of item have price with shipping cost included.
Jun 09, 2016, 12:18 PM
Car Bashing
Thread OP

BMX Track

• WLtoys - 12428 1/12 Crawler - BMX Track • (3 min 7 sec)

Two parts broken. More info at the end of the first post.
Jun 09, 2016, 12:51 PM
Time to upgrade to the feiyue diffs? I'll let you know how the front diff fits when I receive mine... Ah, almost forgot, that will require switching to the sliding front axles too
Jun 09, 2016, 01:41 PM
Car Bashing
Thread OP
Upgrade to feiyue diff.? Yes and no as a user has already stripped a gear also. Feiyue gearing are smaller, smaller teeth and made with soft aluminum. I think i won't use it as a crawler, i will wait to have the spare to repair it and bash it again to see if this gearing strip again.
Jun 09, 2016, 04:35 PM
Oops, I missed the ball on that. I didn't realise the gears were alu,and a smaller pitch too.
I wonder though, are you sure those broken parts are from the crawling? I would expect these things to happen jumping and crashing at high speeds: impact causes more damage than strain, not?

How much longer is that rear shaft? maybe you can keep it original and strech the rear suspesion a little. A longer wheelbase wil make the car more stable at high speeds
Jun 09, 2016, 06:48 PM
Car Bashing
Thread OP
Quote:
I wonder though, are you sure those broken parts are from the crawling? I would expect these things to happen jumping and crashing at high speeds: impact causes more damage than strain, not?
Maybe, i must wait to test again.

Rear shaft is almost 90mm end to end. It won't be difficult to cut the steel universal shaft i have seen on ebay. It will be more easy and cheaper for me to cut the steel cvd. I don't think i will do big modification on this car.
Jun 10, 2016, 12:03 PM
The front suspension is versatile, with FEIYUE.
Rocker Arm, Gimbal Mount, Universal Joint.
Horn R / L, the lever ratio differently.
More rigid plastic.
Will install the suspension of FY03, I like the plastic material

Quick Reply