This thread is privately moderated by swarick, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 21, 2016, 06:53 PM
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHeliCrasher
So we have no idea when it will reopen?

That is correct. I spoke and corresponded with both AMA headquarters AND the Scottsdale FSDO this afternoon.
This situation is being worked by both of them. As before I ask for your patience.

Rick Huerta
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2016, 12:07 AM

Great idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarick
Bill has a good idea. Anyone that would like to race their cars on our field while the flying part is on hold is welcome to do so.
Make sure your "sweet jumps" are not too high so your cars don't become a hazard to air traffic.

Rick H.
Rick that is an awesome idea! I've got both electrics and nitro trucks. Are nitro trucks welcome? I don't want to presume anything.

BTW, thanks for advocating for our hobby. This must be crazy frustrating!

Peter
Oct 22, 2016, 12:27 AM
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Thread OP
Let's keep it electric.

Rick H.
Oct 22, 2016, 12:12 PM
Mesa AZ, it's a dry heat!
Anyone wishing to fly their electric models is welcome at the East Valley Electric Flyers fields, basin 115 and 116, on Elliot east of Ellsworth.
We do ask that you avoid any contact (literally and figuratively), with the youth soccer activity on the eastern basin on Saturday mornings. We welcome anyone with AMA insurance.

Iain

VP of EVEF and general dogsbody.
Former GQF member.
Oct 22, 2016, 07:42 PM
Mesa AZ, it's a dry heat!

Retraction of offer.

Gentlemen of the GQF

I have seriously jumped the gun with my invitation.
Today there was a serious altercation at basin 116, and the Park Ranger had to intervene.

Sadly I must retract my offer for the moment.

Sorry about this, but we need to get our own flying site issue resolved before we can move on.

I hope you will understand.

Iain
Oct 24, 2016, 08:32 PM
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Thread OP
Guys
I deleted a bunch of posts on this thread, and will probably delete more. Please don't take it personally.
I want this thread to be a QUICK source of information concerning our field status, and it was starting to go off in another direction.

Rick H.
Oct 24, 2016, 10:28 PM
Don't want to clutter the thread, but thought this was relevant here (Rick feel free to move or delete):

http://ktar.com/story/1329904/report...n-town-limits/

Time to start looking for another place?
Oct 25, 2016, 12:03 PM
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Thread OP
May be old news. I will doublecheck when I get home.

Rick H.
Oct 26, 2016, 12:30 AM
FM
FM
No Static
whIle I appreciate the work that is being done and I recognize that patience has been asked for i am concerned about the time frame for resolution. I was certainly disappointed to read the story reported by our local news that the town council has already approved a cemetery. (yes I knew it was possible) I did expect we would be informed and have a chance to share our personal opinions of this facility. shame on me for not attending my towns meetings.

I am concerned our "season " will be shortened by a the impending cemetery AND the short sightedness of in my opinion a misinformed Tower operation.

I recognize this is a public forum and Rick you can delete my post as the moderator of this forum i do want to share i am hopeful for a result within days and not in weeks and certainly not in months.

I do desire to aggressively state our position and rights and enjoy the results of our labor soonest.

Frank mclaughlin
Oct 26, 2016, 08:47 AM
Foam abuser!
If you look at the article, it said the cemetery would open in 2019. Construction probably will not start until mid to late 2017. We still have some time. I'm sure we'll be able to work something out with the tower very soon.

Pat
Oct 26, 2016, 10:06 AM
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Thread OP
Guys,
I understand the frustration. But the cemetery thing has been the oncoming train for some time now. I am not sure the article posted above changes anything with respect to our lease with the city. I have a call in to them, and hope to hear back today.
As to our FAA issue. The AMA sent me a message yesterday that the FAA had requested some documents from them. Apparently the issue has gotten someone's attention up high.
I wish I could tell you when this will be resolved, but I can't. I find it interesting though that a scraggly bunch of guys from Gilbert AZ are garnering this much attention in DC.

Rick H.
Oct 26, 2016, 05:43 PM
Totally!!
2019 opening for the cemetary. Thats a while from now....
Oct 27, 2016, 03:27 PM
That's great news! Thanks for all your effort on this issue.
Oct 27, 2016, 03:43 PM
FM
FM
No Static
Very very good news! Will be waiting for "wheels up" okay!
Oct 27, 2016, 03:43 PM
Fantastic! Thanks!!

Quick Reply