Awesome custom Li-ion packs for long FPV flights - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by Pompecukor, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 24, 2016, 01:54 AM
ARACE UAS
A lovely person that I made packs for has made a very detail and professional review of his set.
I would like to share it with you all.

Keith's review
to remove ads between posts
Jun 24, 2016, 10:05 AM
I have used the li-ion battery that i ordered from Alex about 10 times now.
All i can say is that:

- I cannot notice any difference in terms of preformance to Li-Po
- Also wich charging and discharging i dont notice any real difference.
- The pack is very solid and very light for how much MAH it is.
- Its very well packed and looked. My friends will also order this.

My pack is 6s 24,5A.
I was recently able to use 18A from it.
This was on an flight from almost 2 hours !!
It is raining so much that i cannot fly any longer then 2hours.

All in all, very happy with the pack. i might order a second one.
Jun 25, 2016, 08:50 AM
hey whats burning?
Hey Pompecukor

Nice work. Theses batteries look amazing.

Mike
Jun 27, 2016, 12:47 PM
ARACE UAS
Thank you metal. Wish you were in EU, I'd make you and awsome pack so you can fly forever

On another note, here is the smallest pack that I have ever made. 3S1P:

Jun 27, 2016, 12:49 PM
ARACE UAS
And just shipped today for an awsome fellow in Germany:

Jun 27, 2016, 03:57 PM
hey whats burning?
That sounds like it would be fun. Maybe we could go and fly over the dogs and drive them crazy. Just kidding, I love dogs, but you do have some very nice places to fly.
Jun 30, 2016, 02:48 PM
ARACE UAS
I am very proud to report that I just did an all time range record with electric FPV

Battery was 4S14P (49,000mAh) and a 3S1P for just the video transmitter. Total weigh of the batteries was 3kg (actually 2.95 to be precise).
Very adventurous journey. Video incoming...

Jun 30, 2016, 04:41 PM
be frendly and have fun

Congratulation Alex!

... and I am very proud to had the chance to get to know you better, Alex.
Hope you'll stay in the "industry" for a long time and help us all with your priceless experience...
Last edited by esadanger; Jun 30, 2016 at 07:30 PM.
Jul 02, 2016, 05:06 PM
ARACE UAS
Thx Buddy
Jul 05, 2016, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompecukor
I am very proud to report that I just did an all time range record with electric FPV

Battery was 4S14P (49,000mAh) and a 3S1P for just the video transmitter. Total weigh of the batteries was 3kg (actually 2.95 to be precise).
Very adventurous journey. Video incoming...

that is amazing , welldone Sir

i have a longrange quad running on 6s and i came close to reach the end of my lipos x2 4000mah

i am planning to add an other 5200mah with them but that wont get me to far of my 5.5mile i achived with 2x4000mah lipos , so i am planing to get a Li-ion pack , now i am testing if i could run it on 4s instead on 6s and get the same efficiency , so when i get the Li-ion pack it would not be just for the quad but i could use it on my fpv planes aswell , i am sure i can get close to the 6s with 4s if i run larger props but im limited in that aspect .

will email you soon if testing goes well Pompecukor
Jul 05, 2016, 05:50 PM
ARACE UAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nora
that is amazing , welldone Sir

i have a longrange quad running on 6s and i came close to reach the end of my lipos x2 4000mah

i am planning to add an other 5200mah with them but that wont get me to far of my 5.5mile i achived with 2x4000mah lipos , so i am planing to get a Li-ion pack , now i am testing if i could run it on 4s instead on 6s and get the same efficiency , so when i get the Li-ion pack it would not be just for the quad but i could use it on my fpv planes aswell , i am sure i can get close to the 6s with 4s if i run larger props but im limited in that aspect .

will email you soon if testing goes well Pompecukor
Thank you
Let me know whenever you are ready. Interested to see your results.
Jul 08, 2016, 09:11 AM
I built a super light weight extended F450.
On a 6s 10,000 mAH Multistar Lipo its flown for in hover for over and hour.

What's the max allowed current draw on these packs?
Jul 08, 2016, 09:21 AM
ARACE UAS
For a 10,500mAh pack. The constant max is 30A

However for a pack that would weight the same as what you have now (the lipo), I would recommend 14,000mAh, then you have same AUW, but more flight time In this case you can do 40A max on constant.

How much if you constant draw when flying up?

If you have any more question, please send me email, if you don't mind. Much easier for me. You can find my email in the price list.

Thank you.
Alex
Jul 08, 2016, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompecukor
For a 10,500mAh pack. The constant max is 30A

However for a pack that would weight the same as what you have now (the lipo), I would recommend 14,000mAh, then you have same AUW, but more flight time In this case you can do 40A max on constant.

How much if you constant draw when flying up?

If you have any more question, please send me email, if you don't mind. Much easier for me. You can find my email in the price list.

Thank you.
Alex

Mail sent Alex
Jul 08, 2016, 11:14 AM
Cannot stress how happy i am with these packs, Ive only done a few flights on them so far and they're great.
I've considered buying more but after flying for nearly 3 hours on 2 cheap packs Ive had enough lol
Incase anyone wants to see real world discharge figures i've done another blog with video and full logging to an excel spreadhseet so you can see the discharge curves of the cells.

http://www.efpv.co.uk/index.php/2016...8650ga-test-2/

Thanks again Alex..