Awesome custom Li-ion packs for long FPV flights - Page 11 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Pompecukor, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 23, 2017, 07:43 AM
ARACE UAS
Please, your questions is not clear. What do you mean by "best" voltage? There is no such thing.

We have maximum, minimum and nominal.
If you are asking what the best voltage to know when to land, I would say at 3v/cell under load, you should be over head.
At 2.8v, you should be on the ground.
That is a safe minimum. Try to stay above that even. Really no need to push it, when you are not out to break a record.
Last edited by Pompecukor; Jul 23, 2017 at 07:50 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2017, 07:27 AM
Registered User
Hello

Just an info about cell!!

Which cell did you use to make the battery pack and continuous discharge is 4A but max peak is?

Thanks
Jul 25, 2017, 08:04 AM
ARACE UAS
I use Sanyo cells. They are the best from all we tested.
Discharge is no A but C. So number of times multiple of capacity.
It is 3C, so for example 20A pack can deliver 60A no problem. You can burst up to 4C, but only for very short time. Few seconds
Jul 26, 2017, 03:31 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompecukor
Please, your questions is not clear. What do you mean by "best" voltage? There is no such thing.

We have maximum, minimum and nominal.
If you are asking what the best voltage to know when to land, I would say at 3v/cell under load, you should be over head.
At 2.8v, you should be on the ground.
That is a safe minimum. Try to stay above that even. Really no need to push it, when you are not out to break a record.
yeah sorry my wording was off. the answer you gave was what i wanted to know
Aug 23, 2017, 05:12 PM
Registered User
anyone know what max size i can have on the mfd nimbuz(ordered from mfd) ?
20/30/ 40 amp 6s?
Sep 21, 2017, 03:47 PM
ParisDakar my Life
HI,

We would like to know what is the total complete weight of a 4S 31500 Ah including the cable and connectors.

and can you ship outside europe?
Sep 21, 2017, 04:34 PM
ARACE UAS
Hi Jule,

The weight on the price list actually includes everything, cables, plug and all.
Yes, I can ship almost anywhere, however really backed up now with work, so can only do with a longer lead time than usual.
Please PM or email if interested and not in a hurry.

Cheers
Alex
Oct 11, 2017, 10:11 PM
Registered User
hi...i have some questions !
is 120 amps enough for a octo copter?
your 6s12p at least is 4000 grams ....so that octo copter is big bird !
for another example x-uav clouds has 2 of 40a brushless motor
but your battery just make 20 a ! but surprisingly thats worked on x -uav
how ?!!
------------------------
and why u dont use high drain 18650s for high amps need? such as samsung 20r (2000mah -20 amp )
tnx a lot
Oct 13, 2017, 11:13 AM
Registered User

Hi


Hello, I would like to know if one of these batteries, especially the package 6s 14000mah are able to fly a drone of 4 engines of 360kv with a maximum consumption of 30A
Nov 06, 2017, 08:01 PM
Registered User
I would like a 4S 14,000MAH battery for the My Twin Dream plane I'm building. My only question is how do you charge this battery? I have an accucel charger so I need to check if it's capable of charging this battery or if I'll need to buy a new charger
Nov 08, 2017, 07:16 AM
Registered User
Those Sanyo 18650GA cells are charged with LiPo program to 4.2V
Nov 08, 2017, 09:41 PM
Registered User
gromitvt10's Avatar
Alex,
Hi, been trying to get in touch with you. Do you still sell batteries and do you ship to the USA? Thanks

Kyle
Nov 08, 2017, 10:08 PM
ARACE UAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gromitvt10
Alex,
Hi, been trying to get in touch with you. Do you still sell batteries and do you ship to the USA? Thanks

Kyle
Hi Kyle Matthew,

So sorry, just overloaded. Yes I do. But lead time is longer than usual.

These cell are 3450mAh each, so it is only possible to make at a multiple of that. You can see the possible capacities on the first page price list. 5200mAh is not possible.

For MTD the sweet spot is between 28A and 35A depending on your payload. And pocket of course
Nov 08, 2017, 10:11 PM
ARACE UAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillHillAirlines
I would like a 4S 14,000MAH battery for the My Twin Dream plane I'm building. My only question is how do you charge this battery? I have an accucel charger so I need to check if it's capable of charging this battery or if I'll need to buy a new charger
Hi, sorry for the delayed answer.
For MTD 14A is on the low side. You would be stretching it on take off and other full throttle episodes. You need at least 21A, but best is 28A.
This beast love the big packs. Go ask the folks on the MTD thread.

Charging is more or less same as for lipo. Same profile, however some like to limit it to 4.1v as that would extend the life span even more. I send all my customers a detailed user manual so, you don't have to worry about it.
Nov 13, 2017, 12:22 PM
Registered User
Okay, so the 28A is 28,000 MAH and $334 correct?