Awesome custom Li-ion packs for long FPV flights - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by Pompecukor, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 08, 2016, 03:57 AM
New Product

Awesome custom Li-ion packs for long FPV flights

!World Wide Shipping!

Hi all,
I decided to use my RCGroups blog to showing this information as a confidence booster. In other words:
  1. This is an open community, that I am a well know part of. So you can ask around if you need
  2. If I don't deliver or can't be trusted then you will surely hear about it.
  3. I have some trader rating here.
Be sure to checkout the comments section below for pictures and review from my customerss.
Below is the price list that I made for the packs. You can usa Paypal. Please make all payments in USD (Not Euro or GBP). If you have other currency, then paypal will convert it for you. You can select that in paypal menu.

All packs are fully tested before shipping.
If you are here you probably already know the two main advantages of li-ion over lipos:
a.) Unbeatable weight to capacity ration. I think about 25-33% lighter than Lipo of the same capacity.
b.) Will last 3-4x longer than lipo, due to much higher (re)charge cycle. The Sanyo GA cells that I use will still deliver 80% of their rated capacity after 300 charge cycles.
Just think of it... How much do you fly in one year.
These will last you many many years, while a Lipo you can practically stop using fully after one season.
On the flip side, these packs are rated 3C for constant discharge and 4C for max. So they are more suited for big/long range fixed winds or heavy lifting multi-rotors. Not ideal for smaller quad copters and fast/small/jet type fixed wings.

I custom build them all with my own hands, so exact size can be varied for whatever you need. If you don't have any specially sizing needs, then I will make whatever it the most practical with regards to the connections.

Please use the email in the price list or contact from on my website to contact me. PM system here is very limited and gets filled up pretty fast.

I would kindly list to ask all who want to comment, to do so while sticking to the topic.
This is a blog, my blog. So not a generally li-ion discussion thread. You can open one like that if you like somewhere else.
Please try to limit post to:
* any question about my packs. If you want to discuss other supplier, then do that in private or in another topic.
* reviews of packs your bought from me. Tell people if you like what I made for you or if you don't.
* post videos or picture of OSD of your accomplishments with the pack that you got from me.

Thank you for looking in here! Have a nice (LONG) flight.

WARNING: Lithium batteries are dangerous and I do not take any responsibility and I are not liable for any damage caused through use of these products!!!
Last edited by Pompecukor; Apr 30, 2017 at 04:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2016, 04:00 AM
This FPV Record flight was made possible with out of these packs 4S14P (49,000mAh) 2.85kg

264km FPV record (132km out and back) (1 hr 29 min 14 sec)

This flight was made possible with one of these packs. 4s9p (31,500mAh) 1.7kg.

203km FPV flight with MyTwinDream, Dragonlink & PitLab (19 min 47 sec)
Last edited by Pompecukor; May 14, 2017 at 02:25 PM.
May 23, 2016, 08:12 PM
The Toy Man
That thing is a work of art, Alex! Really impressed! Looking forward to hear how well Sander likes it and how far he goes in a 6S configuration.
May 24, 2016, 12:34 AM
Thank you buddy.

Here is another set just finished for someone: 3x 3S 7000mAh.
Just ~300grams each.

Last edited by Pompecukor; May 27, 2016 at 01:51 PM.
May 29, 2016, 08:42 AM
Another set of packs just got ready for my dear German friend Sebastian.

May 30, 2016, 07:53 AM
i have received my big lipo from Pompecukor last weekend.

It came very well packed and looks amazing. Very well built and very rigid.
The cables are long enough. A little longer then my old lipo's wich is good.
I can post pictures again but its this pack:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...81&postcount=6

The pack is just a little more heavy then my 16a 6s lipo pack. And i have 24,5a to use now !!!
Very big difference. More important, i can use this li-ion pack couple of hundred times with no degradation of the packs capacity.
Very well worth the money. I have to look for a better video link now.

I maidened the pack this weekend. It preformed great. Unfortunately it started to rain so i had to land after 45 minutes with only 8 amps used. I think i can fly more then 2,5 hours with it with high speed.
Pfew long time !!!!

Alex thank you very much for this great pack, you have build it very good and i am so happy to order from you.
May 30, 2016, 07:59 AM
Thank you so much for the feedback Sander. It is very appreciated.
Jun 03, 2016, 12:10 PM
Another couple of 4S6P (21A) packs almost ready for a fellow FPV-er in Italy.

Jun 06, 2016, 12:30 AM
Got a few packs ready over the past 2 days, all tested and shipping out today

BTW this is how I package (of course the box is filled to the top with those chips).

Jun 08, 2016, 12:08 PM
be frendly and have fun

4S 10.500 mAh for Esadanger reached destination

Just got my 4S 10.500 mAh pack from Alex and I can say that this man is really talented.
My consideration:

1- pack tailored for my FX 61 (just ask and he'll do it the way u need it.
2- very well wrapped
3 - xt 60 connector soldered
4 - very clear directions about max charge/discharge on a label
5- stored properly
6 - unbeatable price
7- fast shipping to Italy
8 - very reliable person

Furthermore Alex is a very patient guy who is always available (well, kids apart ) and willing to help and instruct people with less knowledge in this field.

I will test my pack very soon and leave a comment about my flight time
I will buy again from Alex "Pompecukor".
thanks Alex!
E.
Jun 08, 2016, 02:15 PM
OMG, best review yet. Thank you so much Mr. Danger.
You win free 1 month skype support (max 2 mins per day)
Jun 10, 2016, 02:48 AM
FPV IN THE SKY

Infinite Energy for my MTD

I recently got the 21.000mAh 4s pack from Alex in thr air on my MTD!
Needless to say that I didn't even came close to use all the capacity of the pack, even 1h flighttime and I didn't save on the throttle haha.
Climbing high up and gliding down, pushing the speed at level flight, and fighting strong winds. All a matter of battery, and especially coming from my Skywalker with a 5200mAh 4S, this new MTD with 21.000mAh feels just amazing! Thanks!

The pack comes carefully packed, and charged at storage voltage. You can get it with every discharge plug you want.
It charges the same as a normal lipo. (4.2V charging end voltage, 4S ballance plug)
It has a bit of an odd shape, not like a brick as the most LiPo batterys are, it is more like a cube, what makes mounting a little bit of a challenge, but with longer velcro hook and loops (45cm from Hobbyking) no problem.

I did a video explaining my MTD setup, also featuring this battery, since it's an impotant part of my plane. You can watch the video on YouTube.

Best regards,
Florian

Long Range Setup Explained - MyFlyDream MTD 2016 [English Voiced] (17 min 17 sec)
Last edited by Spuli; Jun 12, 2016 at 03:24 PM. Reason: added video
Jun 10, 2016, 06:46 AM
Thank you for the feedback Spuli. Happy (long) flying
Jun 12, 2016, 03:31 PM
Someone else getting their packs shipped this weekend.
Also you can see the 1000W resistor bank I just build so I don't have to wait 12 hours to discharge even a medium pack

Jun 17, 2016, 12:39 AM
These puppies are headed to a new pal in Argentina .
One 4S and one 6S.
I am very happy and pleased to be and indirect part of the serious search&rescue + crime fighting work that he is doing over there.
Good to see FPV put to good use. Keep up the good work.