Mad Hatter (and friends!) from BowTie Multirotors - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
May 12, 2016, 09:55 AM
Registered User
BGPursuit's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by z33
I see it on AP! :-)

Just to be clear, what does the m3 flat nut look like (missing in your kit)? Is it like the nuts used on motors?
Like these:

http://www.amazon.com/100Pcs-Female-...eywords=m3+nut
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2016, 01:31 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGPursuit
I was just about to post that same link. So AP doesn't stock m3 nuts?

a m3 flat nut is used to hold the camera side plates to the top plate like in this pic.

May 12, 2016, 01:32 PM
Registered User
An oldie, but a goodie.

bowtie multirotors mad hatter kryptonite rock trails (3 min 5 sec)
May 12, 2016, 06:15 PM
z33
z33
Registered User
Thanks gents! I have placed my order.
May 12, 2016, 07:49 PM
Registered User
BGPursuit's Avatar
Updated the first post with the Armattan Productions link.

https://armattanproductions.com/pages/kit_detail/265
May 15, 2016, 08:57 PM
Registered User
Is there a build guide for recommended parts. Thanks for the insight!!!
May 15, 2016, 09:29 PM
lazrlabs & armattan ᕦ(॓_॔)ᕤ
unitedhvy's Avatar
@BGPursuit -
I absolutely adore the little Mad Hatter. Its a quirky take on the Armattan Pod concept and the Kreiger frame. If I didn't have such a humungous pile of quads (and a frame of my own to manage) lying around I'd snap one up in an instant. Just the fact that moosetang is running a Mad Hatter is a testament to your design! You really deserve more attention!

BoltRC developed a similar almost-x frame (not for sale, just a prototype) but I still like the "head" on yours more than mounting a camera under the top plate.
May 16, 2016, 08:21 AM
Registered User
BGPursuit's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs182
Is there a build guide for recommended parts. Thanks for the insight!!!
Miggs, I'll make a video and PDF this evening for recommended parts, thanks for the suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitedheavy
@BGPursuit -
I absolutely adore the little Mad Hatter. Its a quirky take on the Armattan Pod concept and the Kreiger frame. If I didn't have such a humungous pile of quads (and a frame of my own to manage) lying around I'd snap one up in an instant. Just the fact that moosetang is running a Mad Hatter is a testament to your design! You really deserve more attention!

BoltRC developed a similar almost-x frame (not for sale, just a prototype) but I still like the "head" on yours more than mounting a camera under the top plate.
Thanks for the kind words! Moosestang's a great pilot and a friend of mine, he's purchased two Mad Hatters already (first is still flying, he just wanted a backup!), as well as one of my plus quads (the unibody Dirk) and a new quad I'll be releasing today.
Last edited by BGPursuit; May 16, 2016 at 08:30 AM.
May 17, 2016, 07:22 AM
Registered User
BGPursuit's Avatar
Here's a video from the prototype of my "Nutzo" frame, 220mm with the battery in the center of the prop circle and coming in at ~100 grams with hardware:

Speed Therapy (1 min 57 sec)
May 17, 2016, 07:53 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGPursuit
Miggs, I'll make a video and PDF this evening for recommended parts, thanks for the suggestion!



Thanks for the kind words! Moosestang's a great pilot and a friend of mine, he's purchased two Mad Hatters already (first is still flying, he just wanted a backup!), as well as one of my plus quads (the unibody Dirk) and a new quad I'll be releasing today.
I am great.

mad hatter part Deux, emax red bottoms 2300kv, littlebees, 305g minus props. better pictures coming soon.

May 17, 2016, 07:58 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGPursuit
Here's a video from the prototype of my "Nutzo" frame, 220mm with the battery in the center of the prop circle and coming in at ~100 grams with hardware:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbnYlwt3aaM
That thing is like awesome sauce. I'm going to have to order new skitzo motors for this ship. That will be 4 sets of skitzo motors in service. #ballin#mad stacks#bigmoney. what the hell am i doing, i'm not on twitter.
May 17, 2016, 08:27 AM
Registered User
BGPursuit's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosestang
I am great.

mad hatter part Deux, emax red bottoms 2300kv, littlebees, 305g minus props. better pictures coming soon.

That thing is going to be STUPID fast, very excited to see it fly. I might ask to take it for a spin :-)
May 17, 2016, 11:33 AM
Registered User
As promised some better pictures of my second mad hatter build. Going for max power.





May 17, 2016, 11:36 AM
Registered User
And the maiden flight. I didn't give it full throttle at the launch due to all my recent desync issues on other quads (thanks blheli!). I'll do another shot from the ground with full throttle in the next couple of days. it goes up fast!

Uploading some ground cam footage from a foxeer.

bowtie multirotors extremely mad hatter (2 min 43 sec)
May 17, 2016, 11:45 AM
lazrlabs & armattan ᕦ(॓_॔)ᕤ
unitedhvy's Avatar
BGPursuit, I just noticed you mentioned the arms "interlock" on your bowtie quads website. Do you mind sharing a picture of the center/between the sandwich where the arms meet?

I thought I was the second to do this, on the STYX (BOP's raptor quads being the first) but I think we might have different interpretations of interlock. Just eager to see your design.


Thread Tools