Mad Hatter (and friends!) from BowTie Multirotors - Page 145 - RC Groups
Apr 20, 2017, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosestang
I'll split the difference and call it 170g, so 15g heavier, 20g heavier than the infinity graphene, which i have never been able to purchase and i've tried 3 or 4 times. Just tried again, we'll see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wpApaJUYgY
Split the difference of the actual real world weight I just gave you and what? Lol Also, we were talking about the Turnigy Graphene(TG) vs. Defiance. Lol. The TG will outlast the Defiance batteries no problem. I highly suggest checking out the TG thread if you haven't already. Rampman has a test battery with over a thousand cycles on it.

Aside from the performance bits, the TG batteries are sturdier too, given their g10 plates and thicker heat shrink. I've killed the Defiance batteries so easily with their dinky shrink.

We may just have to agree to disagree here.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2017, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis
Split the difference of the actual real world weight I just gave you and what? Lol Also, we were talking about the Turnigy Graphene(TG) vs. Defiance. Lol. The TG will outlast the Defiance batteries no problem. I highly suggest checking out the TG thread if you haven't already. Rampman has a test battery with over a thousand cycles on it.

Aside from the performance bits, the TG batteries are sturdier too, given their g10 plates and thicker heat shrink. I've killed the Defiance batteries so easily with their dinky shrink.

We may just have to agree to disagree here.
There was real world weight given in that video, 170g.

Sturdier g10 plates is an oxymoron. I mean we should all be running a battery protector really, but again, weight. I've seen the turnigy thread and the controlled battery test, not sure that's a good test. Did he test a regular lipo? Any other graphenes? What kills lipos is the abusive nature of us flying, full throttle, zero throttle, full throttle, etc, etc. So many people fly too long and let their batteries sag too low.

but yeah, the girth is a deal breaker for me, i like a thin lipo, but not too thin. I've got two china hobbies that i rarely fly, only in the yard, because they are just to fat, too much risk of them ejecting. dinogy graphenes for life!

Be honest, that picture you posted was a crash damage battery, i know you didn't puff that normal flying.
Apr 21, 2017, 10:47 AM
Quote:

. dinogy graphenes for life!

Are those the Gen 1 or 2 Dinogys? My Gen ones perform a little under my TGs
Last edited by the schire; Apr 21, 2017 at 10:53 AM.
Apr 21, 2017, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Be honest, that picture you posted was a crash damage battery, i know you didn't puff that normal flying.
You'd be incorrect in regard to the puffing. The couple of holes about 1/3 up from the bottom were where the heat shrink was melting because the battery was too hot. The top bit of damage may have already been there, I don't recall. The puffing was absolutely from flight though.

Also, I've found a place to buy our 6mm outer diameter standoffs in a multitude of sizes. Gotta buy in bulk, but it's a ton of selection for size: http://www.fastenersuperstore.com/pr...m-6mm?pid=6066
Apr 22, 2017, 04:49 PM
should be everything I need..

1 x FrSky ACCST Taranis Q X7 2.4GHz 16CH Transmitter Green Mode 2
1 x Frsky XM+ Micro D16 SBUS Full Range Receiver Up to 16CH (1110020)
1 x Matek Systems PDB-XT60 W/ BEC 5V & 12V 2oz Copper For RC Multirotors (1049051)
5 x Emax RS2205S 2300KV
6 x Giant Power Dinogy 1300mAh 14.8V 4S 65C LiPo

so yeah I probably would have gotten the 2206 2300kv hyperlite v4 or returner r4 or the oomph had they been in stock ANYWHERE..
but the emax rs2205s 2300 should be still nice and cheap enough for a spare.

also I would have preferred the turnigy evolution had there been a better selection of receivers.. there just didn't appear to be anything near as nice as the xm+ for my purposes.
Last edited by fpvnoobe; Apr 23, 2017 at 12:19 AM.
Apr 23, 2017, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvnoobe
5 x Emax RS2205S 2300KV
6 x Giant Power Dinogy 1300mAh 14.8V 4S 65C LiPo
I strongly recommend going for the rs2306 instead of the 2205s. The 2205s is known to drop magnets like back in the old cobra days. However, everyone who has tried the 2306 has loved them. I'd stay away from the 2700kv model as battery technology can't really keep up with those.

Are those the silver or grey dinogy graphenes?
Apr 23, 2017, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the schire
I strongly recommend going for the rs2306 instead of the 2205s. The 2205s is known to drop magnets like back in the old cobra days. However, everyone who has tried the 2306 has loved them. I'd stay away from the 2700kv model as battery technology can't really keep up with those.

Are those the silver or grey dinogy graphenes?

batteries link. http://www.banggood.com/Giant-Power-...l?rmmds=search
Apr 23, 2017, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Steer clear of those. Get one of the batteries Moose, Metro, and I were discussing. This quad will be pretty hungry for amps, you'll want a battery that can keep up. I kinda like these, but the TGs sag less and have a much better construction. https://www.dinogylipos.com/collecti...s-70c-graphene
Apr 23, 2017, 04:58 PM
overall if I'm not hammering on them and I'm kinda just "cruisin" then I feel I will pull less total amperage w/ this particular 2205, it is known to be one of the most powerfull in 2205 class. the S is the updated version, I thought I read somewhere they had fixed that problem you mention.. I could be wrong.
Apr 23, 2017, 05:00 PM
i will attempt to cancel I believe, but the link you sent me only has 3 in stock.
I would like at least 6
Apr 23, 2017, 05:02 PM
Quote:
i will attempt to cancel I believe, but the link you sent me only has 3 in stock.
I would like at least 6
6 Is a good number to start with. These are probably going to work out to about the same price with shipping anyway.

@metropolis is on to something with this morning flying stuff
Early Bird (4 min 9 sec)
Apr 23, 2017, 05:02 PM
I have successfully cancelled the 6 batteries from banggood, must have caught it soon enough. thanks.

maybe I'll get the 3 you linked and 3+ more from somewhere else..

nice flight by the way that looks excellent.
Last edited by fpvnoobe; Apr 23, 2017 at 05:11 PM.
Apr 23, 2017, 05:18 PM
what about these : http://www.genstattu.com/tattu-r-lin...tery-pack.html too heavy ?

or these which are alot cheaper ?

smaller C rating R-Line, and lighter?
Last edited by fpvnoobe; Apr 23, 2017 at 05:25 PM.
Apr 23, 2017, 05:19 PM
Quote:
I have successfully cancelled the 6 batteries from banggood, must have caught it soon enough. thanks.

maybe I'll get the 3 you linked and 3+ more from somewhere else..

nice flight by the way that looks excellent.
On second thought, stay away from the Gen 1 Dinogys. They're great on their first few cycles, but they don't perform like new packs anymore. Also the heatshrink is crap on them. Go with TGs for sure or maybe Thunderpower Adrenaline if you're feeling spendy.

Thank you! I blame the improved flying on coffee jitters
Apr 23, 2017, 05:38 PM
Nice flying bud! That spot looks like it'd be really neat to fly! Gonna have to try to hit it up sometime. Also your quad looks really squirrely!