Nov 19, 2018, 08:57 PM
Wow, I had not thought about what the steering servo does when the gear is up and when you use rudder. I was able to get my new steering nose wheel servo into a position where it would not bind. Took a while, you only have to be off about a 1/16 of an inch to mess that up. The location of the steering control wire in the easy fastener is critical to proper operation. Still, the wheel is not quite centered but I can correct for that with rudder on the ground.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2018, 10:17 AM

Fix

After reading about the work the rudder steering servo does with the nose gear up, I decided to check on that. With the plane on and the gear up I specifically looked at the steering servo as I worked the rudder back and forth. Sure enough, the linkage for the steering arm was binding. I put one drop of 3 in 1 oil on the steering arm where the steering block moves back and forth. Then I checked the movement again with the nose gear up. I moved the rudder back and forth and this time the steering block moved freely on the steering arm. It also appeared to be freer when the nose gear was down. This is a simple fix that should help both the nose gear and the steering servo last longer, just don't get oil on the foam.
Nov 20, 2018, 12:35 PM
We shall serve the Lord
Thread OP
Nice fix!

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Nov 20, 2018, 01:26 PM
Right Rudder

Nose Wheel Retract Coming from Horizon Hobby!

Guys,

Once again, Horizon Hobby has pulled through for the customer.

One Nose Wheel Retract with associated hardware coming soon!
Sep 13, 2019, 02:58 PM
I review RC Products
It was just rereleased!

E-flite Carbon-Z T-28 Trojan RC Plane At Warbirds Over Whatcom (5 min 32 sec)
Sep 14, 2019, 01:26 AM
We shall serve the Lord
Thread OP
Looks like the Carbon-Z T-28 is back!

https://www.horizonhobby.com/carbon-...nology-efl1350

Better get one while you can.

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Sep 17, 2019, 09:06 PM
yup same plane same crappy hardware... I had one and loved it till I sold it(for some stupid reason) but the hardware was a joke.. at least give the plane 2/56 rods...
Sep 18, 2019, 02:36 AM
Serving the Motherland
She's back baby!!!
Sep 18, 2019, 09:31 AM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by axerhand1976
yup same plane same crappy hardware... I had one and loved it till I sold it(for some stupid reason) but the hardware was a joke.. at least give the plane 2/56 rods...
Yes indeed! I have done many modifications to mine and including the 2/56 rods and metal clevises as well to all control surfaces including the flaps!

I am considering selling mine as I have a few large projects that I like to get to and they are sitting because this large lady of the sky's is in the way.

If anyone knows someone LOCAL (Central Florida) please have them contact me.

Thanks!
Oct 04, 2019, 07:41 AM

Glad to hea r they came back for others to get.

I own two of the original version, and only changed out the push rods to 4-40, and repaint, and new props.
They are just great flying planes , but I'm going to hold out for something better .
Oct 04, 2019, 01:11 PM
Right Rudder
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...n-BNF-LPU-ONLY

Okay guys!

I like to thank those that have replied and expressed interest in my nice flying and super large T-28 Trojan that was modified with lots of care and expense.

A nice gentleman at my RC Club this morning purchased it with CASH on hand after he saw it fly after an 8 minute routine of good aerobatics and several touch & goes!

He was very impressed on the manner that this can slow down better than a GWS SLOW STICK.

The good news on top of the CASH "is" that I will still see this great model fly at my RC Club and still will enjoy it watching it while sitting down! LOL!

A few pictures of today!

Quick Reply