Xiaomi Yi SuperView Mod (+more!) - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
May 06, 2016, 07:16 AM
Registered User
WaffleFPV's Avatar
Download

Xiaomi Yi SuperView Mod (+more!)


(This mod was originally posted on FPVLab and received a lot of interest so I decided to make it available to people here as well
The Xiaomi Yi camera is really great when it comes to value, but it lacks in quality of video. This is mostly not a hardware issue, it is a firmware issue. The Xiaomi supports "scripts" that can modify the firmware, to unlock it's full potential, yet in a safe way with no risk of breaking the camera. So I have written 1 single script to rule them all from an fpv'ers perspective. It includes the following:

*Bitrate of up to 35MB/s
*GoPro Superview like stretching (increased FOV)
*Files now have a maximum of 4GB instead of 2GB.
*Sharpness Increase
*2 second beep confirms the script is loaded
*More detail in shadows/highlights
*GoPro Protune "Flat" colour option
*Night mode
+More being added every new version.

Example Video (Superview V8.2 Script, @35Mb/s):

Edge of the World (3 min 47 sec)



INFO:
*This does not permanently modify the camera. When you remove the file, it goes back to normal.

KNOWN ISSUES:
*Some cards will split footage with superview, as it puts extra strain on the card. You can lower the bitrate or you might need to buy a faster card.
*Manual Superview may not work on 22L cameras, Auto is fine.

CARDS:
Recommended card: SanDisk Extreme 32GB
*I (did) run the SanDisk Ultra 64GB flawlessly on 20Mb/s bitrate.
*I currently run the SanDisk Extreme 32GB on 35Mb/s (much higher quality)

INSTALL:
Make sure you have firmware 1.2.13. Update here if you haven't already: http://www.xiaoyi.com/update/sports

Version 8.2 LINK: WaffleV8.2
CHANGELOG: 8.2: Added Flat Colour option for Stock FOV

INSTALLATION VIDEO:
How to install Xiaomi Yi Waffle FPV Superview Script (2 min 18 sec)



I hope you find use from this If you need some help or want something added or taken away just post here.

Enjoy

Thanks to: ondrascz (Superview), luckylz (Clipping), funnel (Noise Filter + Bitrate), Yimax (Colour Adjustments), joshuabardwell (Install video)
Last edited by WaffleFPV; Jan 28, 2017 at 06:41 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 06, 2016, 04:37 PM
Registered User
SilverLine's Avatar
Nice. I give it a try....
Aug 17, 2016, 03:51 AM
Registered User
Hi, i have yi camera with serial number Z25L**********.
The firmware version is 1.3.0, but online i don't find information about this version.
I use the official app from google play (Android) to connect to cam.

Is possible install this mod for my version?
you know this version?

thank you
Aug 28, 2016, 11:12 AM
Registered User
I run this on both my Yi's, its awesome! My fpv vids look great,couldn't be happier.
Sep 02, 2016, 08:16 AM
Registered User
I received my new xiaomi yi and it has Z25L S/N and 1.3.0 Firmware. The script is no longer working. It worked fine on my previous yi. Is it an easy fix?
Sep 02, 2016, 04:05 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwokenFPV
I received my new xiaomi yi and it has Z25L S/N and 1.3.0 Firmware. The script is no longer working. It worked fine on my previous yi. Is it an easy fix?
Bump for this... I have a new Xiaomi Yi coming in on Saturday and will most likely have the same configuration as AwokenFPV. I purchased the Yi just for this script. Would be useless to not have the superview :/
Sep 03, 2016, 05:02 AM
Registered User
WaffleFPV's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwokenFPV
I received my new xiaomi yi and it has Z25L S/N and 1.3.0 Firmware. The script is no longer working. It worked fine on my previous yi. Is it an easy fix?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulitia
Bump for this... I have a new Xiaomi Yi coming in on Saturday and will most likely have the same configuration as AwokenFPV. I purchased the Yi just for this script. Would be useless to not have the superview :/
You must be on firmware 1.2.13 for the script to work :/ if the Yi cant run that firmware (which i think most can) then most things wont work in the script
Sep 03, 2016, 05:30 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleFPV
You must be on firmware 1.2.13 for the script to work :/ if the Yi cant run that firmware (which i think most can) then most things wont work in the script
Can we downgrade the firmware from 1.3.0?
Sep 03, 2016, 05:37 AM
Registered User
WaffleFPV's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwokenFPV
Can we downgrade the firmware from 1.3.0?
Well the 25L doesn't offcially have any updates at all. BUT check this link:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...yi-z25l.21006/

On the last post somebody used a 23L's 1.2.13 firmware on the 25L and it looked successful, but still put it on at your own risk!!
Sep 03, 2016, 07:00 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleFPV
Well the 25L doesn't offcially have any updates at all. BUT check this link:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...yi-z25l.21006/

On the last post somebody used a 23L's 1.2.13 firmware on the 25L and it looked successful, but still put it on at your own risk!!
Thank you very much! I can confirm that it worked for me too. I may have lost the blue light. Only the red light flashes on the camera but it works perfectly. Also the scripts work.
Sep 05, 2016, 04:09 PM
Warpquad rules!
allrounder_w.l.c's Avatar
Sounds great! Will try this on my YI cam! keep up the good work guys.
And will let you know if it worked for me.
Sep 12, 2016, 03:57 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwokenFPV
Thank you very much! I can confirm that it worked for me too. I may have lost the blue light. Only the red light flashes on the camera but it works perfectly. Also the scripts work.
Did you open up the cam and short it as it describes? Ive got the same issue and just worried about ruining the cam by messing with it too much
Sep 17, 2016, 03:22 AM
Registered User
Hey Waffle, any chance you can give me a hand with my editing software? I resize everything correctly to 16:9 aspect ratio but when I render and upload to YouTube, it doesn't fit the entire screen. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for the great script!
Sep 17, 2016, 04:49 AM
Registered User
WaffleFPV's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulitia
Hey Waffle, any chance you can give me a hand with my editing software? I resize everything correctly to 16:9 aspect ratio but when I render and upload to YouTube, it doesn't fit the entire screen. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for the great script!
PM'd
Sep 20, 2016, 03:29 PM
Warpquad rules!
allrounder_w.l.c's Avatar
Hey Waffle, I've tried your mod today with a scandisk extreme 32gb on 35Mb/s but got a hug amount of splitting in the video. I'm using the superview auto processing. Will try a lower bitrate next time to see if this helps. But do you got any ideas why this is happening because you fly the scandisk extreme 32gb also. I would like to film in the highest quality (obviously )