May 05, 2016, 08:14 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

E-flite Timber

http://www.horizonhobby.com/timber-bnf-basic-efl5250

Comes with floats, tundra tires, articulated landing gear, leading edge slats, lights, and SAFE Select. Also available in PNP.

E-Flite Timber 1.5m (2 min 12 sec)
Last edited by Dave Eichstedt; May 05, 2016 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Added video link
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2016, 08:55 AM
Probably a little bigger than what most would consider to be a "Park Flyer".
The STOL design will help, but this looks like a plane that would be at it's best with lots of room to show off in.
May 05, 2016, 10:20 AM
Is this HH/Eflite response to the Tundra? I am liking what I've seen so far!
May 05, 2016, 10:37 AM
People keep bringing that up. There's as many similarities as differences. I kind of doubt HH is too worried about capturing Tundra sales.
HH also has the PZ Sport Cub that has flaps plus vortex generators.
They're gone put us tinkerers out of business.
May 05, 2016, 11:05 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grup
Is this HH/Eflite response to the Tundra? I am liking what I've seen so far!
This product was conceived and put into the product plan while I was still there, BEFORE the Tundra was announced. It only appears to be a response because the Tundra came out first.
Latest blog entry: Grateful!
May 05, 2016, 01:04 PM
I've noticed that when a previously ignored movie genre is re-visited, all of a sudden there's lots of other movies. For example, NO zombie movies for 10 or 20 years, one comes out, immediately followed by 4 or 5. And tv shows. Same thing with war movies; drug movies; car movies; you get the picture.

Maybe the same phenomena occurs with RC airplanes. It sure seems like that with P51s; Cubs; F4U!

Regardless, the Timber looks great. I like the slats and flaps, it's a bit bigger than I used to care for but now I'm living in a much more windy place and need something a bit bigger

Regards
May 05, 2016, 01:12 PM
Going to get it ......Going to 3D it in my backyard......
May 05, 2016, 02:35 PM
DFS#000178
The Tundra itself was a response to STOL planes already on the market, like the Sport Cub and Legacy Littlefoot.
May 05, 2016, 04:47 PM
Looks interesting. I'm not a fan of the battery hatch on the bottom though. Especially on an aircraft with a 60" plus wingspan.

I also think the Timber matches up more with the Fun Cub XL than the smaller Tundra and Fun Cub.

Also, please make sure the paint is up to par and doesn't flake off when you look at it. My last two Horizon Hobbies Planes, (Brave, Dallas Doll P-51D) had significant paint issues.
May 05, 2016, 06:00 PM
DFS#000178
Doesn't look like there's much paint to flake. It looks like it's all decals, except maybe the anti-glare infront of the windshield.

Which means repaints are likely. And I can't wait to see them.
May 05, 2016, 08:20 PM
If it was only half that size so I could fly it indoors...

Don
May 07, 2016, 08:41 PM
I really want to fly this plane. I'm just afraid the grass will rip the landing gear off if I come in a little too hot.
May 07, 2016, 10:25 PM
You would have to work very, very hard to bring this type of plane in too hot. Don't worry too much about it.
May 15, 2016, 04:39 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
Looks like the FunCub Killer ?

Quick Reply