May 21, 2016, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou
+1 on that. Those of us who have been around a good while know full well who Dave Eichstedt is. What Dave said is absolutely the truth. Period.

What can go wrong after the planes are in the hands of HH? Well, I remember the WarkHawk. Excuse me, the WarHawk. Seems the printer had a tough time with the spelling and the shelf box the plane goes into was labeled 'WarkHawk'. I think that added maybe two or three more weeks to the delivery to the LHS and internet sales.
I'm also now curious to see how incorrect spelling and shipping from China is related.

Why is this going down this road at all?
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2016, 08:01 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojin7
Obviously Google can tell me who he is. I'm sure being 11,000+ posts deep in this forum you could enlighten the crowd as to why his knowledge pertains to this easier than I could. So...
formerly...
http://www.zoominfo.com/p/David-Eichstedt/82534213

https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-eichstedt-580bb590
May 21, 2016, 08:02 PM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Mojin, until last year I was VP of Air Category Product Development at Horizon.
May 21, 2016, 08:07 PM
Back to the drawing board!

200 + pages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
Yeah, what he said!

I get a kick out of 200+ pages of gripes, bashing, all the are we there yet questions for every plane that HH ever puts out. NOT!
May 21, 2016, 08:15 PM
Lou
Lou
Quote:
I'm also now curious to see how incorrect spelling and shipping from China is related.

Why is this going down this road at all?
The incorrect spelling was a delay in product to the shelf and that is one of the reason that manufacturers and retailers will often give an open ended delivery date. Too may things can go wrong. In the case of the WarkHawk the shelf pack box needed to be reworked, reprinted and delivered to HH so they could repackage the plane.

We are on this road due to folks not quite grasping why vendors give open ended dates and for not understanding the difference between shipping an individual retail package from a Chinese retailer as opposed to the manufacturer and shipping of wholesale orders to a vendor.
May 21, 2016, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
Nice to meet you! I love your products.

So, is there anything relevant to say or did I do something to merit introductions to Dave? Other than saying that I felt the release window was vague? Why is this going this far?
May 21, 2016, 08:20 PM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
Quote:
Obviously Google can tell me who he is. I'm sure being 11,000+ posts deep in this forum you could enlighten the crowd as to why his knowledge pertains to this easier than I could. So...
Da' man, it appears.....
May 21, 2016, 08:23 PM
mommy ,daddy......R WE THERE YET..R WE.....R WE...R We there yet ......JUst give it a rest....................
May 21, 2016, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou
The incorrect spelling was a delay in product to the shelf and that is one of the reason that manufacturers and retailers will often give an open ended delivery date. Too may things can go wrong. In the case of the WarkHawk the shelf pack box needed to be reworked, reprinted and delivered to HH so they could repackage the plane.

We are on this road due to folks not quite grasping why vendors give open ended dates and for not understanding the difference between shipping an individual retail package from a Chinese retailer as opposed to the manufacturer and shipping of wholesale orders to a vendor.
Lou, you make a ton of sense. Nobody can take that away.

But when a company's take on this is... "we are not even going to try to narrow this down because customs and because screwups?)" Sorry but that is silly. So... if all goes smooth?

Anyway. Attempt number 4 to say I can wait. No big deal. I understand why they operate thus way.
May 21, 2016, 08:24 PM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
Quote:
Nice to meet you! I love your products.

So, is there anything relevant to say or did I do something to merit introductions to Dave? Other than saying that I felt the release window was vague? Why is this going this far?
It's the nature of the web.

Prognosticators, castigators and bloviators......

May 21, 2016, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
mommy ,daddy......R WE THERE YET..R WE.....R WE...R We there yet ......JUst give it a rest....................
Wow excuse a member for asking if anybody had better info and then immediately digressing. Some of you need to step down off your holy "I own 30 plane pedestals and step back and remember the first time you preordered something. I just asked a question and stated how I feel about a vague answer. Move on with life.
May 21, 2016, 08:29 PM
Quote:

Hmmm

maybe this?

Quote:
It's so cute how so many people are experts on container shipping from China on here.
May 21, 2016, 08:31 PM
Just looking forward to getting mine. I'll be happy whenever it arrives. It's a Zen thing.
Latest blog entry: TopFlite DC3
May 21, 2016, 08:36 PM
ask a question...get an answer.....ask same question ...get more answers.......ask one more time.......did i do something wrong.......Time to move on.....ALL New planes get here when they get here.....Period.........
May 21, 2016, 08:38 PM
yup

Quick Reply