Oct 24, 2019, 06:21 PM
He all! Finally joined the forums, i have been flying for a year or two. Ive got an Apprentice, Cherokee, and my newest timber. I absolutely love the new plane!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2019, 08:09 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
very cool, glad to hear it, you picked a really great one, the Timber is the go-to plane for a lot of guyz out here, you're going to love it up!
did you get a BNF or PNP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch22
He all! Finally joined the forums, i have been flying for a year or two. Ive got an Apprentice, Cherokee, and my newest timber. I absolutely love the new plane!
Oct 24, 2019, 10:51 PM

Fixing aileron slop to prevent flutter

Thanks Moonbeam for your video showing the slop and fix for excessive aileron play.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=17129

I have been flying my original Timber on 4S with an APC 10/5 prop and she is much faster pulling 39 amps on the 40 amp ESC. I will inspect my ailerons and make sure those plastic plates are secure to the foam wing. Iíll do the same for my Turbo Timber.
Oct 29, 2019, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy
very cool, glad to hear it, you picked a really great one, the Timber is the go-to plane for a lot of guyz out here, you're going to love it up!
did you get a BNF or PNP?
I got the BNF version
Oct 29, 2019, 02:57 PM
VicT, I love the Timber on the Valiant gear with pants! That looks awesome!

With the never ending rain here in West Michigan, I am thinking about putting the floats back on my Timber. The runway at the club field looks more like a lake than a grass strip. Probably leave them on for the winter in case I do any snow flying with the floats.
Oct 29, 2019, 04:21 PM
Still Outta Control !
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGT350

With the never ending rain here in West Michigan, I am thinking about putting the floats back on my Timber. The runway at the club field looks more like a lake than a grass strip. Probably leave them on for the winter in case I do any snow flying with the floats.
Just as wet a few mile north of you. Been flying in and out of fog this week. Not good. LOL Video of better weather.

Timber RC at Lake Michigan (4 min 59 sec)
Oct 29, 2019, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timewarpped
Just as wet a few mile north of you. Been flying in and out of fog this week. Not good. LOL Video of better weather.

https://youtu.be/fd0FhAoJzko
At least you got some flights in! Last night was calm, but I was busy until it got dark. Class tonight, so no flying for me. The weather for the rest of the week looks terrible! I am not ready to see those snow flakes in the forecast.
Oct 30, 2019, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGT350

A flying buddy lost a wheel while flying his Valiant 1.3. He could not find it and he did not have a spare wheel. I removed the one wheel and put clear packing tape over both of the wheel pant openings. The pants acted like small snow skis in the grass. There was a little sliding and a little more resistance on takeoff and landing but no nose overs.

You might try this before putting on the floats.
Oct 31, 2019, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicT
A flying buddy lost a wheel while flying his Valiant 1.3. He could not find it and he did not have a spare wheel. I removed the one wheel and put clear packing tape over both of the wheel pant openings. The pants acted like small snow skis in the grass. There was a little sliding and a little more resistance on takeoff and landing but no nose overs.

You might try this before putting on the floats.
Interesting idea with the taped over pants acting like skis. I don't see that working in the fluffy snow as I need to distribute the load of the plane over a large area, like the floats. There is a time during the winter that the top layer of snow freezes over with ice and that is when the pants could work. Today marks the first day of getting snow for the 2019-2020 winter season. I am not excited to see it arrive.
Nov 02, 2019, 12:51 AM
Does it have invasion stripes?
Topping off battery packs for a couple of pre-dawn flights tomorrow, the last morning of daylight-savings-time.
I LOVE flying the big Timber in the dark!

Pre-Dawn Timber w/ Ground Loop into Weeds (2 min 59 sec)
Nov 04, 2019, 10:08 PM
Hi everyone, noon question here so looking to get a new prop for my timber, as the stock one broke. I know getting an after market one you need some sort of adapter.i am just unsure as what all i will need as well as if i stay with the same pitch of prop. I only run 3s in mine.
Thanks
Nov 19, 2019, 01:43 PM
The king of mediocre flyin'!

Timber at Trimble!

Camping fun!

B

Timber @ Trimble (5 min 42 sec)

Timber at Trimble, piffle (6 min 57 sec)
Last edited by rikybob; Nov 19, 2019 at 03:12 PM.
Nov 19, 2019, 07:44 PM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob
Good to hear that the connector harness deal simplified things! (they were already plugged into their correct mates )

You gonna be ready for some Edge programming soon?
Nov 19, 2019, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
Good to hear that the connector harness deal simplified things! (they were already plugged into their correct mates )

You gonna be ready for some Edge programming soon?
I told you I'm a goof!

The S6R made it in yesterday and the sunny Sky motor is ahead of schedule and will be delivered by the 22nd.

However it appears the holidays are going to be in my way! I kind of come back online December 2nd so if I can't get over and do the install and all the other goodies I'll just resume life early December.

B

"Sit on yer hands"
Last edited by rikybob; Nov 19, 2019 at 09:23 PM.
Nov 19, 2019, 09:24 PM

Current situation...

... Timby sunset fly!

B

Timby sunset fly! (7 min 58 sec)

Quick Reply