Thread Tools
Aug 31, 2019, 11:57 AM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
rikybob's Avatar

Yellowstone canyon...


...Timby fly!

Billings MT Yellowstone river Timby POV PM (21 min 49 sec)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2019, 12:08 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
HuffDaddy's Avatar
verry nice place to check out you luck dawg... beautiful all around, the flying was good too
was hoping you'd get to the top and otherside of that canyon wall and you didn't let me down

the was one smooth landing too btw
Aug 31, 2019, 12:15 PM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
rikybob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy
verry nice place to check out you luck dawg... beautiful all around, the flying was good too
was hoping you'd get to the top and otherside of that canyon wall and you didn't let me down

the was one smooth landing too btw
Thanks for watching! I fly like a grandmother but I certainly enjoy it! If you want to enjoy the piffle, Balderdash and poppycock and Associated nonsense that comes with this video go to my channel and you'll see it. Fun musings!

B
Aug 31, 2019, 01:19 PM
Lower, Lower
bc-slowflyer's Avatar
I had to replaced two servos in my Timber's wing recently. The servo covers in the wings are glued in place by a white caulk like glue (?). Does anyone know or have a suggestion for products to re-glue the covers in place.
Thanks
Aug 31, 2019, 01:20 PM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
rikybob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-slowflyer
I had to replaced two servos in my Timber's wing recently. The servo covers in the wings are glued in place by a white caulk like glue (?). Does anyone know or have a suggestion for products to re-glue the covers in place.
Thanks
I used white caulk that I had laying around.

B
Sep 09, 2019, 03:19 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
HuffDaddy's Avatar
Hey guys… I want to use this HK motor to replace the stock motor that just died recently… The original motor has a 3mm motor shaft and this new motor has a 4mm shaft so I cannot use the stock collett prop adapter… I need a prop adapter the same length as the original and a hole at the end to attach the spinner but to fit a 4mm motor shaft and a collett style...

has anyone replaced their stock motor with a non-Eflite one and found a prop adapter that allowed you to use the stock spinner?

the stock prop adapter looks to be 52mm in length and 30mm from the backside of the prop hub to the tip...

Turnigy Air Brushless Motor 3730-1000kv (3s-4s 580w)


Last edited by HuffDaddy; Sep 09, 2019 at 06:34 PM.
Sep 09, 2019, 07:42 PM
Registered User
GrayGhost4's Avatar
The stock valiant prop adapter is 4 mm. and will probably work although the spinner from the timber will not work order the valiant spinner

https://www.horizonhobby.com/prop-ad...rtizan-pkz6910

https://www.horizonhobby.com/spinner...t-13-p-efl4954

the other option ... use this without the spinner

https://www.horizonhobby.com/prop-ad...--4mm-eflm1924
Last edited by GrayGhost4; Sep 10, 2019 at 09:16 AM.
Sep 09, 2019, 08:41 PM
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
abjets's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy
Hey guys… I want to use this HK motor to replace the stock motor that just died recently… The original motor has a 3mm motor shaft and this new motor has a 4mm shaft so I cannot use the stock collett prop adapter… I need a prop adapter the same length as the original and a hole at the end to attach the spinner but to fit a 4mm motor shaft and a collett style...

has anyone replaced their stock motor with a non-Eflite one and found a prop adapter that allowed you to use the stock spinner?

the stock prop adapter looks to be 52mm in length and 30mm from the backside of the prop hub to the tip...

Turnigy Air Brushless Motor 3730-1000kv (3s-4s 580w)


Or skip the nose cone and go for something like this... ??? Just tossing ideas out there
Sep 12, 2019, 10:21 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
HuffDaddy's Avatar
by golly I might just try that... spray the spinner with some glossy black and that may just do the trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost4
The stock valiant prop adapter is 4 mm. and will probably work although the spinner from the timber will not work order the valiant spinner

https://www.horizonhobby.com/prop-ad...rtizan-pkz6910

https://www.horizonhobby.com/spinner...t-13-p-efl4954

the other option ... use this without the spinner

https://www.horizonhobby.com/prop-ad...--4mm-eflm1924

yep, that's pretty much where I am at but I actually painted a couple of the spinners... wears off pretty easily but that's no biggie, but I do like the stock spinner look

Quote:
Originally Posted by abjets
Or skip the nose cone and go for something like this... ??? Just tossing ideas out there
Sep 12, 2019, 10:24 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
HuffDaddy's Avatar
has anyone replaced their stock motor with another (not the stock\original) that was a direct drop -in no mods required and can still use the cowl & spinner...?

Sep 19, 2019, 04:57 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
HuffDaddy's Avatar
hey guyz... I figured my faithful 2 year old Timber deserved a new wing and fuse so I am rebuilding it ... I had the landing gear ripped out of few times and so it's all been epoxied together (on the old fuse) to make it flyable but now I am in need of one of these retainers and of course they are back-ordered ... by any small chance does anyone have a wrecked Timber that you would be willing to sell me one?

Landing Gear Retainer (Pair): Timber (EFL5267)


Sep 19, 2019, 05:21 PM
Registered User
If you need more landing gear parts, and low shipping cost.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/eflite-...fl5265/p505654
Sep 19, 2019, 07:17 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
HuffDaddy's Avatar
thanks for posting that

since I don't need that whole set at $12 but rather I only needed a $3 part I just never considered that particular set ... but... your post prompted me to look for that set you listed and found myself at Amazon and I had more than enough 'rewards points' earned that it didn't cost me a thing

and it turned out to be the last one.. my lucky day


thanks again!



Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTransit
If you need more landing gear parts, and low shipping cost.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/eflite-...fl5265/p505654
Sep 30, 2019, 05:32 AM
Registered User
GLHS592's Avatar
A fun flight from yesterday:
Timber Under Wing View - Front (4 min 48 sec)
Oct 01, 2019, 07:33 AM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
rikybob's Avatar

A little scale flying...


... at dusk...


Timber on board RLRCC (10 min 26 sec)


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools