NEAT Fair 2016 Downsville, NY Sept 15-18 - Page 5 - RC Groups
Jul 19, 2016, 03:13 PM
Left, NO your other left!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool
'vane, the space is 10' wide and 35 feet deep, per a comment from Tom on the previous page.

You can put just about anything you want in there so long as you don't overlap your neighbors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
Actually we lay them out 11ft wide and 35ft deep.

thx
Tom
Awsome,
Thanks guys. Looks like I need to take a measurement of my pop up. (just to make sure.)
-Andrew
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2016, 11:03 AM
Looks like my pop up and two 10X10 easy ups will fit in the 35ft space.

-Andrew
Jul 20, 2016, 11:16 AM
Cool. You can keep your tow vehicle in the general parking area. Unless you have a need for something off site you won't need it for the weekend

Rob
Jul 20, 2016, 12:33 PM
I prefer to put my camper in the campground so I have power. Tow vehicle is parked on the flight line for airplane storage at night.
Jul 20, 2016, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss
I prefer to put my camper in the campground so I have power. Tow vehicle is parked on the flight line for airplane storage at night.

Normally I would agree with you. But my little pop up has a stand alone solar power set up. I have dry camped for 13 days with no problems My water supply should be fine for the 4 days.

-Andrew
Jul 21, 2016, 06:22 PM
How big a panel do you have?
Jul 21, 2016, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss
How big a panel do you have?
It is a 185 watt panel. 42 volt at 5 amps.

-Andrew
Jul 22, 2016, 02:42 PM
Peaceful Valley is (as the name says) in a valley. The sun sets behind the flight line fairly early. I don't know how adversely that'll affect you, but you will lose direct sunlight fairly early in the evening (can't remember the mornings too well..takes a while for the fogs (meteorological and hangover) to burn off).

CD
Jul 22, 2016, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dunsel
Peaceful Valley is (as the name says) in a valley. The sun sets behind the flight line fairly early. I don't know how adversely that'll affect you, but you will lose direct sunlight fairly early in the evening (can't remember the mornings too well..takes a while for the fogs (meteorological and hangover) to burn off).

CD
Ok, Thank you for the info. I will make sure I am ready for the lesser amount of sunlight.

-Andrew
Jul 22, 2016, 05:17 PM
Andrew, I am not trying to dissuade you. I'm from a fairly flat part of NJ, so I realize how much even relatively small ridges can surprise folks -- "Gee, it's only 6. Where'd the Sun go?".

If you have power problems, don't hesitate to talk to the other folks at NEAT. It's a very 'family' oriented group, ready to help out each other.

CD
Jul 22, 2016, 07:49 PM
We look forward to seeing everyone and hanging out after hours.
Its always a blast.
Jul 22, 2016, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dunsel
Andrew, I am not trying to dissuade you. I'm from a fairly flat part of NJ, so I realize how much even relatively small ridges can surprise folks -- "Gee, it's only 6. Where'd the Sun go?".

If you have power problems, don't hesitate to talk to the other folks at NEAT. It's a very 'family' oriented group, ready to help out each other.

CD
It all good. Most of my packs are small. 3s 3300 and smaller. I will just make sure I plan ahead on my charging. My biggest concern is being able to power my C-PAP machine at night. Everything else I can work with .
-Andrew
Jul 22, 2016, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMParkFlyer
We look forward to seeing everyone and hanging out after hours.
Its always a blast.
That's the beauty of NEAT - the fun goes all day and night. That's why I always stress to folks making the trip to Downsville that they camp onsite - you'll miss at least half the fun if you leave at dark. Plus the fun after hours is so varied - from night flying (awesome!) to hanging with everyone on the flight line, to checking out the action in the various vendor and club tents all along the flight line.

Speaking of the club tents, the JCSF big top will be up and running early in the week before the show officially kicks off Thursday. We'll be among all the early arrivals who celebrate NEAT Week. We'll have movies and camp fires going so feel free to stop by. Plus we'll again be hosting the Radian Games on Wednesday and the Vapor Games on Thursday night so be sure to come by and either compete or just hang out and join the fun. It's going to be a blast!

Rob
Jul 23, 2016, 01:44 PM
Me too, Andrew. I got my C-PAP April 2015 and love how it helps my sleeping -- no more snoring, no more apnea, no more wife waking me to tell me I stopped breathing!

If you have any issues with not being able to get your C-PAP battery backup charged, just stop by our trailer (Swift SLX, with two beagles) and we'll figure out a way to keep at least that charged.

CD
Jul 23, 2016, 03:16 PM
volare est vivere
Hi there from Toledo

See you in September,

See you when the summer's through . . .

Ciao. - RJF