Jun 23, 2016, 03:31 PM
Gator's here to see you:)
Looks like the Gator is heading up to NEAT again. Only 1300mi from my HOT n humid skeeter bog. Cool dry weather just like last year would be nice. Thx in advance.

Until then......
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2016, 05:50 AM
MK
MK
Wow! So don't get a flat in that section of the road!
Jul 03, 2016, 11:07 AM
Gnd warning sensor needed
Registered and can not wait for the event, planning on a Sunday arrival for a week of R&R .
Phil " Pops"
Jul 14, 2016, 05:45 PM
got any foam to bash?
Well guys we broke the 100 pilot mark yesterday, that is still ahead of 2010 and 2014 but well behind last years pace!

let's go, get registered! you know your coming!

just a reminder, you must be pre-registered to set up on the flightline before Thursday Sept 15th!

Thanks
Tom
Jul 14, 2016, 09:01 PM
When pigs fly rc
Can't wait !
Jul 15, 2016, 07:57 AM
To Infinity and Beyond

Those arriving before before Thursday Sept 15th

Remember those arriving before Thursday Sept 15th are welcome to fly as guests of the Peaceful Valley Model Airplane Club (PVMAC) and Peaceful Valley Campground. The only things we ask is that you have a valid AMA card (we will be checking), follow the rules set by the NEAT FAIR and have FUN.
Last edited by FPVJOCKEY; Aug 18, 2016 at 08:39 AM.
Jul 15, 2016, 09:05 AM
I fly things
A few of us were telling others about NEAT at a fun fly last weekend. My son and I can't wait for it.

If this is your first year and you are meeting someone there, plan the time and place to meet because there is little to no cell service. My second year a friend was there and for that whole day we never bumped into each other. Our texts only came in when we wandered by the building with the used stuff.
Jul 16, 2016, 04:28 PM
Arnie, Camp owner sets up a Hot Spot at the Swap / Pizza building. Generally the best Cell service is Att and Verizon, but very spotty. But that's good so Work does not interrupt the fun!
Jul 16, 2016, 09:26 PM
I fly things
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAndreas
Arnie, Camp owner sets up a Hot Spot at the Swap / Pizza building. Generally the best Cell service is Att and Verizon, but very spotty. But that's good so Work does not interrupt the fun!
Yep, nothing worse than the pocket buzzing while flying. All you have to do is plan ahead to meet people.
Jul 19, 2016, 12:51 PM
Left, NO your other left!
I am making plans to attend for the first time. I am hoping to arrive Wednesday evening.
-Andrew
Jul 19, 2016, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weathervane
I am making plans to attend for the first time. I am hoping to arrive Wednesday evening.
-Andrew
Hopefully you're camping onsite - so much happens after hours

Flight line wise there should still be room but it'll likely be at the ends of line. But you should still get a space.

Lots of things start happening on Thursday so your timing is good. Make sure you stop by the JCSF and BCSF tents as we will be doing things after hours

Rob
Jul 19, 2016, 01:18 PM
Left, NO your other left!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob
Hopefully you're camping onsite - so much happens after hours

Flight line wise there should still be room but it'll likely be at the ends of line. But you should still get a space.

Lots of things start happening on Thursday so your timing is good. Make sure you stop by the JCSF and BCSF tents as we will be doing things after hours

Rob
Thanks for the invite.
Yes, I am planning on staying on site. I am hoping to set up a tent behind my EZ-up. I have a small pop up camper. But I don't want to camp away from my shelter and flightline.
-Andrew
Jul 19, 2016, 01:29 PM
I know a lot of guys camp on the flightline. I don't recall the space specifics, but nominally guys can have their EZ Up, a small tent, and their vehicle. I suspect others will chime in based on their experience.

If you have a tent you'll probably be fine. A pop-up might work if (a) it's small and (b) you park your tow vehicle in the main lot.

Rob
Jul 19, 2016, 01:40 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
Not that and your car too. You only have 35 ft to work with.
'vane, the space is 10' wide and 35 feet deep, per a comment from Tom on the previous page.

You can put just about anything you want in there so long as you don't overlap your neighbors.
Jul 19, 2016, 01:57 PM
got any foam to bash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool
'vane, the space is 10' wide and 35 feet deep, per a comment from Tom on the previous page.

You can put just about anything you want in there so long as you don't overlap your neighbors.
Actually we lay them out 11ft wide and 35ft deep.

thx
Tom