May 05, 2016, 07:11 AM
got any foam to bash?

NEAT Fair 2016 Downsville, NY Sept 15-18

Hey Guys and Gals

We are about 2 weeks away from opening the website to pre-registration for the 2016 show. Though the AMA sanction is only for those 4 days, we all know it has evolved into "NEAT week". You may fly any type of model allowed by the site club (Peaceful Valley Model Airplane club) and are guests of this club until Thursday at 12:01 AM, when at which only electric models can be flown until about 2PM on Sunday.

No significant changes to the format are envisioned at this time, but we are still in the planning stages and will update our NEAT news section and post here with relevant info.

If you have ever pre-registered for the event before and NOT changed your email address since that registration, you will get and email when the site opens.

If you have never pre-reg'd and would like to get on our notification list, please send an email (from the email address you want to use) to neatfair@optonline.net

Thanks, and have a great flying season.

Tom
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2016, 07:11 AM
got any foam to bash?
reserved
May 07, 2016, 08:32 AM
got any foam to bash?
wow, the lack of enthusiasm even this early is disappointing.....
May 09, 2016, 05:39 AM
AMA 415
Don't worry Tom; I'm sure all of the regulars are just like the Sawn Craft / NCRCC crew are already in the planning stages for this year's event!

We are looking forward to it and have an idea that we'd like to talk to you about...
May 10, 2016, 11:41 AM
Hey Tom!

Not sure how I missed your listing - I was checking last week as I knew the announcement was forthcoming

The JCSF crew already has their reservations in at Peaceful Valley and tent planning activities are well underway. We've got stuff planned for everyone on Wednesday and Thursday, plus a new event on Wednesday (TBA). It'll be a blast!

Most of us will be showing up the Sunday before the official show start. In the meantime here's hoping for a great summer flying season - NEAT is only four months away!!!

Rob
May 10, 2016, 11:54 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
Plans fluid, but I'll be there at least part of the week. The earlier I can stake out various events, the more likely I can actually go to them.
May 10, 2016, 12:48 PM
How high will it go?
Can't wait to see my once a year friends and have a good time!
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
May 10, 2016, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antslake View Post
Can't wait to see my once a year friends and have a good time!
So, any new surprises planned for us this year?

Rob
May 11, 2016, 07:21 AM
Just noticed the new thread this morning. Ironically, we're sitting in the camper, on the first day of a three day outing to de-winterize it and start the new camping season.

Reservations are all done (and confirmation e-mail received!) for NEAT Week (plus a few days!). Once again, we'll be covering the meet for RCMW.

We can't make Warwick this year, but we are really hoping we'll be able to make the 2 July JCSF meet (We seem to get weathered out every other year, but since we got weathered out in 2015, we should be okay for 2016!).

As to new models, I've finished the second iteration of the Waco YKS I built back in 1993 (Tom probably remembers that first one). Barring disasters, it'll be at NEAT (and JCSF). 860 sq. inch wing, 5.25 lbs., with a Power .32 on a 4S4300 pack. It's a great, big pussycat!

Waco build thread is here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2548181

Looking forwards to seeing all of you!

Bill, Micki, Josie, & Lola
May 14, 2016, 03:03 PM
Deposit to Arnie is on the way!
May 18, 2016, 12:46 PM
Be there Saturday before and Arnie reservation on its Way for a week of Bliss !
May 18, 2016, 02:21 PM
got any foam to bash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAndreas View Post
for a week of Bliss !
Not if I have anything to say about it!
May 19, 2016, 03:28 PM
Hey Tom,

Hmmm... your initial post mentioned that registration would open in about two weeks. Does that mean we should expect to see Joey's registration website to go live this weekend?

Rob
May 19, 2016, 06:33 PM
got any foam to bash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob View Post
Hey Tom,

Hmmm... your initial post mentioned that registration would open in about two weeks. Does that mean we should expect to see Joey's registration website to go live this weekend?

Rob
yup, doing the finishing touches just about now.... will go live tomorrow night after I do one last sweep.

I will post here and send out bulk email to all previous pre-reg pilots.
May 20, 2016, 08:15 PM
Hey Tom!

FYI I got the bulk email but I don't see the registration button yet on the website.

Thanks!

Rob