May 04, 2016, 07:07 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Need help with our parts list for our X8, building it as a flying school mascot

Hey everyone,

I run a quad club at my high school and the project we are working on right now is building a large X8 to make a flying wyvern (the mascot) for our school.  We have raised the funds to buy the parts, but as this is a lot of money for us and we don't have much room for mistake. I want to make sure that the parts on the list will work for our build and if there are other parts that could be more fitting for the project.  I have built a few racing quads before, but I have no experience in building large multicopters.  If someone could please look over our parts list and give us some recommendations, it would be greatly appreciated.

Notes:
- We already have own a Taranis
- The frame we chose has 400mm arms (there are multiple options on the link)
- I have no idea what props to use and if the prop size and pitch will work with the load (12x4.7)
- I've tried to throw it in the multirotor calculator but the motors aren't listed
- It is not listed but we are going to need some sort of building material (I'm assuming depron or epp foam) to construct the wyvern, also we need the props to have enough space to accommodate the wyvern
- the receiver is a d4r-ii which is for racing but I have no idea what other one I should use, unless this will work fine
- Please mention if there is anything I'm forgetting as I am kinda being forced to rush as finals are coming soon and someone who is giving us a big donation is getting a little impatient with our progress

Thanks in advance for any help, I hope you guys are able to improve my build!

Heres the parts list
to remove ads between posts
May 11, 2016, 04:54 PM
Are you building this for long flight times?

You could build a 7"-8" x4 quad and get about 10 minute flight time. It would also be cheaper.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Quick Reply