May 04, 2016, 12:20 PM
Retired
Discussion

FrSky L9R rx RSSI and the Vector problem

I connected the RSSI port of the Vector to my FrSky L9R rx via the connection marked RSSI on the rx.

I'm using Sbus for connections so which "channel" should I assign as the one used for RSSI on the L9R?

Currently I have the signal cable from the Vector's RSSI port to the RSSI port on the L9R rx. I have noticed that the RSSI value is either 100% or 25% nothing in-between. Is this normal?

Denny
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2016, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalaman
I connected the RSSI port of the Vector to my FrSky L9R rx via the connection marked RSSI on the rx.

I'm using Sbus for connections so which "channel" should I assign as the one used for RSSI on the L9R?

Currently I have the signal cable from the Vector's RSSI port to the RSSI port on the L9R rx. I have noticed that the RSSI value is either 100% or 25% nothing in-between. Is this normal?

Denny
I am having the same issue currently. Have you found a solution?
Nov 04, 2016, 06:29 AM
FPV guru
That RSSI reading is definately not normal, it kind of sounds like something has gone wrong with the radio setup (where you turn the transmitter on and off). Here's a vid I did of a flight with the L9R before going UHF (so you can check expected behavior):
Levels 87 - Eagle Tree Vector FPV 4.5km trip (26 min 32 sec)

Off the top of my head I would check:

- Rerun the radio setup in the vector config software.
- Signal wire is the right way around (not upside down and plugged into positive for example).
- Try swapping the cable out and use a dupont wire instead of a servo lead as the RSSI only needs the signal wire anyway and less messy.
Feb 06, 2017, 06:16 PM

RSSI from L9R to Vector

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambauer111
I am having the same issue currently. Have you found a solution?
I have an L9R to ET Vector setup and I'm having the problem of getting 100 or 25 as readouts. Did you ever find a solution to this problem? Thanks.
Feb 07, 2017, 03:34 AM
because rust never sleeps....
If you are connecting the LR9 to the vector do not specify a channel - that is for use when you want to pass the RSSI over from the transmitter.

If you have connected it up and are seeing the 25%/100% Vector default RSSI display, the chances are that you have not rerun the RX Analysis Wizard.
Feb 08, 2017, 05:57 AM
Learning to crash
I know this is the ET section, but I dont understand why Frsky just doesnt make a L9R WITH full telemetry options. I understand that with telelmetry the X8R is actually using one side of its two antennas for telemetry and that apparently kills the diversity distamce or something, but then why not add a 3rd antenna leg dedicated to just telemetry. It could be a long whip lead or something.
Feb 08, 2017, 09:26 AM
because rust never sleeps....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom T
I know this is the ET section, but I dont understand why Frsky just doesnt make a L9R WITH full telemetry options. I understand that with telelmetry the X8R is actually using one side of its two antennas for telemetry and that apparently kills the diversity distamce or something, but then why not add a 3rd antenna leg dedicated to just telemetry. It could be a long whip lead or something.
I have not seen any authoratative documentation, but I am assuming that longer range is achieved by freeing up bandwidth and reducing the number of channels. So in other words, it is not just a case of adding another antenna. When it is transmitting telemetry back it is consuming bandwidth which could be used to improve range.
Jan 13, 2018, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoRogers
If you are connecting the LR9 to the vector do not specify a channel - that is for use when you want to pass the RSSI over from the transmitter.

If you have connected it up and are seeing the 25%/100% Vector default RSSI display, the chances are that you have not rerun the RX Analysis Wizard.
Yes and only use one wire.
Aug 14, 2018, 05:37 AM
Hi,

Using a L9r connected via sbus to an Omnibus F4 V3, I had problem with RSSI (solder to the rssi pin on the FC). I activated rssi_adc on betaflight but the rssi value shown is between 0 to 56% depending on vbat (seems proportional). But the rssi signal I measured is near 3.3V (analog value)

Any idea?

thanks
Aug 14, 2018, 06:58 AM
I'd be mad without a Taranis!
That's a great question for an Omnibus F4 forum. I'd ask there, instead of in the Eagletree Vector forum.

Quick Reply