This thread is privately moderated by jbourke, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 03, 2016, 09:32 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Single place canopy and stickers stickers stickers!!

Finally got a chance to put the single place canopy on the Extra 330LX!

I'm pretty enthusiastic about the looks. I also think the plane flies a bit better. In my freestyle sequence I have a rolling half loop and I'm noticing that I have more rudder authority. Later in the sequence I do a double hammerhead and I used to have trouble getting it to happen reliably but now it works every time. It could be I'm just getting better at the timing. Once I get comfortable with the single place set up I'll go back to the two place canopy and see if there really is a difference.

This year we sent out an invite to every RCG sponsor to get them to send us a sticker for the plane. I got several in the mail already so I slapped them on the turtledeck. Pictures attached.

There is also a contest to name the plane, which you can find here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2644007

Lots of good entries. Keep them coming!

Would any of you like to see a model of this airplane? ?

Jim
Latest blog entry: Check in
to remove ads between posts
May 03, 2016, 09:49 AM
Pronoun trouble...
I love seeing MRM and Hitec on your plane, Jim. I'm working with both companies right now on a review of Hitec's new Energy Propel multirotor motors controlled by an MRM DragonFly 32 board.

You ought to give Callie Graphics a call. I'm certain that Callie Soden would be honored to send you some of her work. She's been a terrific friend of this site and has helped me countless times with graphics for review subjects.

Oh, and yes...do a model! Jim Graham wrote that one might be in the works. I say, go for it!
May 03, 2016, 04:49 PM
Indoor FF is pretty neat
It looks great! kind of reminds me of the Cassutt canopy where the canopy blends into the turtle deck.
A model would be awesome!
It would be amazing if horizon made a brushless umx version.
i know it is wishful thinking though.

Ross
May 04, 2016, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourke

Would any of you like to see a model of this airplane? ?

Jim
I would !!

That is a good looking plane.
May 05, 2016, 12:04 PM
Owner of BMABA; Join Today!
It looks like random refrigerator magnets all over it. Not tastefully done.
May 06, 2016, 05:01 AM
loves to fly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruMike
It looks like random refrigerator magnets all over it. Not tastefully done.
I see what you're saying, and you're totally allowed to express it.

With that said, however, how should he have done it?

I ask, because, this is how brands/sponsors have put their mark on on everything since...forever!

Some examples I have on a desktop folder kicking around provided below:
May 06, 2016, 11:44 AM
Owner of BMABA; Join Today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingpete
I see what you're saying, and you're totally allowed to express it.

With that said, however, how should he have done it?

I ask, because, this is how brands/sponsors have put their mark on on everything since...forever!

Some examples I have on a desktop folder kicking around provided below:
On those aircraft you provided, the sponsors decals are a bit larger, in straight lines -- there is more of a sense of cohesion. But on the Extra they are much smaller with no sense of cohesion in there placement. Just slapped everywhere. The size of them is also way-out-of-scale. You cannot even read them from a number of feet away. That kind of defeats the purpose.

It must be said I am no designer, and I have no professional experience to back up my opinion. I just looked at it and it kicked me in the face.
Last edited by SubaruMike; May 07, 2016 at 03:06 PM.

Quick Reply