This thread is privately moderated by racermark, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 01, 2016, 04:53 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Tarot 680 ++ Build

I started the build today adn it will be my first Published Build.

The Rework of the Tarot 680 Pro.
I will call it the Tarot 680 ++.

I want to make it BIGGER but very light. I have chosen to increase the size to 960, partially because it is a cool number and Mostly because it fit perfectly with the Carbon 1000 mmTubes I purchased on ebay. Just kidding I wanted it that big.

The first check was to see if the 16 mm tubes will support an AUW of 5000 to 6000 grams.

testing shows NO PROBLEM with the tubes. The real problem will be in the center section.
My work today was to cut the tubes to the correct length, and after 2 cups of coffee and several measurements I cam up with the actual carbon tube length of 400 mm. This plus the two ends and the separation of the mounts in the center section gave me what is as close to 960 as I can measure, (My calipers are not big enough to measure the complete span at one time).
The first thing I have done to strengthen the center section is to use one long tube in the non folding pair of arms. This seems to strengthen the entire structure massively.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply