Foxeer Legend 2 - ON ITS WAY! - Page 7 - RC Groups
Aug 01, 2016, 01:00 PM
Why would one need 96fps if not only for slowmo, which is not the case with racers?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 01, 2016, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMouse
Why would one need 96fps if not only for slowmo, which is not the case with racers?
MOAR FASTER is always better It doesn't matter that my 6 year old laptop will melt into the earth trying to process the video.
Aug 01, 2016, 01:15 PM
Yes foxeer confirmed there is a new legend camera on the works that will support superview and 4k, but this legend 2 already looks great.
Aug 01, 2016, 02:01 PM
perfect news
Aug 01, 2016, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by downloader9
Yes foxeer confirmed there is a new legend camera on the works that will support superview and 4k, but this legend 2 already looks great.
yes but why call the beta one, legend 2, if it offers nothing new ?
Aug 01, 2016, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanni67500
yes but why call the beta one, legend 2, if it offers nothing new ?
It's because the firmware it's beta... New legend will take at least 2/3 months to be released, the new one with 4k, this one will be on final release in 15 days or so.
Aug 01, 2016, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by downloader9
It's because the firmware it's beta... New legend will take at least 2/3 months to be released, the new one with 4k, this one will be on final release in 15 days or so.
According to Foxeer today ' the 4k cam will start to arrive at late August so under a month but first generel preorders for the masses ' will first open up at late september and actually delivery.. I didnt got any info about actual shipment .

but judging from hardware-value, we likely need to seperate these' as in the 4k and Legend2 ..got no indication about model-names , but will assume that the true Foxeer 4k cam, not got much in line with this "Legend2" valid in this thread..

the true 4k cam that Foxeer got under its belt, is likely an complete new model & competitor to Yi's 4k version and likely also in the hundred of bucks of actually price, since it need to have some powerfull-hardware if it shall perform 4k/30fps in a meaningfull fashion..

sofare there is the "Legend2" that have been sold in beta 59.99.. and the Legend2 will then be released in retail version in not many days to around 99 retail,..
and then there will come an new model carrying 4k in late august and up for preorders late september (price uncertain atm) but preorders versus actually delivery (tjahh)..That at least my impression of the comming 4k foxeer cam..
Last edited by DaneLaw; Aug 01, 2016 at 07:10 PM.
Aug 01, 2016, 06:45 PM
To some extend the same with Novatek vs Ambarella talk.. then its very difficult to compare these chipset against each others unless you set some kind of marker, like at least around same pricelevel and sensor-model..

simply most bang for your bucks' is useally prefered objective' since it pretty non-relevant to take fx fundness of like an high class Ambarelle chipset like A9 or A9SE (that opens up for a second 720p stream while4k rec. and 4G-LTE) or the C' H2 and compare these high-end bad-ass's soc's against fx an low cost Novatek chipset like 96660... there is a world of difference and make as much sense as comparing Cherry trails cpu's against i7,..

relative low cost Ambarella chipset suited in fx the Legend1 didnt impressed at least in my view. - sure the YI did on some points back then, but still numerous Novatek-chipset perform at least as good and ewen better when you have in mind the Yi's is a 70gram camera and some of the alternatives is close to half weight in use..

anyway' we would see what the future brings.. new players are making there entry.. like Qualcomm.. many speculation that Go pro5 will drop the high-class Ambarella chipset like A9SE for Qualcomm's take on 4k chipset.

the Gopro corp. certainly need to do something' they are getting slaugthered on the stock-exchange, on loosing margins..
- Just a single a year back at around august2015' there stock was around 64US and today its around 12US
and bottomed out around the 8US in May, thats an 80% to 85% fall in under a year.
Last edited by DaneLaw; Aug 01, 2016 at 07:23 PM.
Aug 01, 2016, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneLaw
According to Foxeer today ' the 4k cam will start to arrive at late August so under a month but first generel preorders for the masses ' will first open up at late september and actually delivery.. I didnt got any info about .

but judging from hardware-value, we likely need to seperate these the 4k and Legend2 ..got no indication about model-names , but will assume that the true 4k cam, not got much in line with this "cam" valid in this thread..

the true 4k cam that Foxeer got under its belt, is likely an complete new model & competitor to Yi's 4k version and likely also in the hundred of bucks of actually price, since it need to have some powerfull-hardware if it shall perform 4k/30fps in a meaningfull fashion..

sofare there is the "Legend2" that have been sold in beta 59.99.. and the Legend2 will then be released in retail version in not many days to around 99 retail,..
and then there will come an new model carrying 4k in late august and up for preorders late september (price uncertain atm) but preorders versus actually delivery (tjahh)..
yes but i still have no idea what the legend 2 has more to offer in comparison of the legend 1
Aug 01, 2016, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanni67500
yes but i still have no idea what the legend 2 has more to offer in comparison of the legend 1
That is the big question. Not what was in the original spec., certainly. I guess we just have to wait for the production firmware.
Aug 01, 2016, 07:10 PM
Quote:
anyway' we would see.. new players are making there entry.. like Qualcomm.. many speculation that Go pro5 will drop the high class amabarella chipset like A9SE for Qualcomm take on 4k chipset.
the Gopro corp. certainly need to do something' they are getting :
Heard Hero5 will use Qualcomm chipset, another 4K chipset for action camera support H265 like qualcomm is Hisilicon,
Aug 01, 2016, 09:59 PM
Well I flew my 3DR Solo with the legend 2 strapped to the bottom of the gimbal and even though I tried to keep it as balanced as possible the gimbal still had more vibration in it than I was hoping for.

Initial impressions are that its decent, and good for the price. The app flatout doesnt work on my personal Nexus 6P but my work iphone it works fine. Recording, disconnecting, reconnecting, changing settings all seem to work very well on the iphone.

1080p30 looks to be around 15mb/s and 1080p60 is around 35-40mb/s. It is the Novatek 96660BG and in the app it shows the UHD as the stretched 2880x2160.

Ill try and make an edit of me driving to work and some of the flying footage.
Aug 01, 2016, 11:56 PM
Great work foremi..

looking forward for your samples..

do you have an frontside-picture of the sensorboard.?
Last edited by DaneLaw; Aug 02, 2016 at 01:06 AM.
Aug 02, 2016, 12:42 AM
Obviously this comparison isn't fair but I only have the 4 Black handy. I also probably could get the Legend 2 looking a little better with the picture settings but I didn't have time.

Turning the sharpness down alone would probably make it look a little better. This was with it on High.

Foxeer Legend 2 Beta comparison (3 min 42 sec)

Here is a raw version of the uploaded video. Its rendered in Premiere at 50mbps target so I doubt theres' any quality loss compared to direct from camera.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_e...ew?usp=sharing

The sensor board has no markings on it at all except for "foxeer" on the back side.
Aug 02, 2016, 01:10 AM
Thank you for great work foremi.
Aug 02, 2016, 02:20 AM
Blade 180 FPV & Mini-Protos
Quote:
Originally Posted by foremi

The sensor board has no markings on it at all except for "foxeer" on the back side.
Thanks for the pictures!

What kind of connector there is between the main board and the sensor board? I wonder would it be difficult to find a camera extension cable.
Aug 02, 2016, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picofly
Thanks for the pictures!

What kind of connector there is between the main board and the sensor board? I wonder would it be difficult to find a camera extension cable.
Its a ribbon cable.
Aug 02, 2016, 03:12 AM
Hi Foremi,

Is there any holder in the box?

Thanks
Aug 02, 2016, 03:22 AM
Quote:
The app flatout doesnt work on my personal Nexus 6P but my work iphone it works fine.
Make sure you Nexus 6P isn't dropping the wifi connection because because it not connected to the internet. I had this with a number of things that required a wifi connection to setup. The only way I got it to work was to disable the mobile/cell data connection.
Aug 02, 2016, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRTrulz
Make sure you Nexus 6P isn't dropping the wifi connection because because it not connected to the internet. I had this with a number of things that required a wifi connection to setup. The only way I got it to work was to disable the mobile/cell data connection.
Ill take a look but the app was actually crashing. Its possible that it was switching and that caused the app to crash, haven't had a whole lot of time to put into it yet.

Does anyone know if foxeer has a location for firmware updates yet?
Aug 02, 2016, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csizpeti
Hi Foremi,

Is there any holder in the box?

Thanks
Yes, It came with a slide in style thing with a tripod mount insert, similar to what the mobius and runcam 2 came with.
Aug 02, 2016, 12:41 PM
Quote:
good job

what is the size of sensor ? ... I need this measure to calculate the optical to change...

Marco
Aug 02, 2016, 11:22 PM
"Dear Sir,
It has delay because of the hurricane. Really sorry about that. I'll keep checking on it and will let you know any updated news."

Damn you Mandy. Why do you toy with me?
Aug 03, 2016, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona955i
good job

what is the size of sensor ? ... I need this measure to calculate the optical to change...

Marco
Not sure, It looked to be about the same as the Legend 1 and iirc my hero 4 black.

Didn't have time to do anything with it today, I did order a hovership camera sled though which should hold it nicely.
Last edited by foremi; Aug 04, 2016 at 01:26 AM.
Aug 04, 2016, 12:55 AM
Just a notice from Foxeer about the sensor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxeer 4/8-16
Legend 2 is with SONY 078 sensor, 1200 pixels.
http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/c.../imx078cqk.pdf ?

and top work foremi, you seem to be the only one in the pack, actually got there hands on the Legend2..

looking forward to see, if you can tone down the excessive sharpness a bit and put some warm to the colorhandling..
Last edited by DaneLaw; Aug 04, 2016 at 01:02 AM.
Aug 04, 2016, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Just a notice from Foxeer about the sensor.

http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/c.../imx078cqk.pdf ?

and top work foremi, you seem to be the only one in the pack, actually got there hands on the Legend2..

looking forward to see, if you can tone down the excessive sharpness a bit and put some warm to the colorhandling..
I tried it while driving and it looked a little better. My Hovership camera sleds shipped so hopefully I'll be able to get some mini quad footage this weekend with it.

I'm in the middle of building a new server at home and one of my processors was bad so that's been a priority right now.
Aug 05, 2016, 08:08 AM
Strange...I got this email last night from SurveilZone:

Quote:
Subject: Do you still need order [order #] at HIFPV?

Dear Sir

The parcel of order [order #] has been returned to us yesterday. Do you still need the parcel? But we don't have black color in stock, we've only got 1 grey color.

Best regards

Angie
Aug 06, 2016, 04:03 PM
6 days delivery time on free shipping from China to Denmark... Impressiv Foxeer some of the fastest delivery from China to Scandinavia DK I have encountered, and partically on socalled free shipping and a 59.99 beta cam.

and kudos to hifpv/Foxeer system, that is open for putting in lover values on shippingparcel-values, since an country like mine is bananas on tax'es and is the worlds most tax'ed country (got no problem in paying tax, but the amount is ridicalus and partically buying from outside of EU where there is an 12US limit in Denmark, and recently purchased some spare blades at Hobbyking for an collective pitch quadcopter, and they costed 13US, but since its was +1 US over the limit, you need to pay an mandatory fee of 25US + tax/moms and that doesnt make sense that an item gets an 200% fee on top and you need to pay 3 times the actual-value for just getting the item.
tax'es is fair enough but +200% more on an item, where is everything is already paid.. is insane, but that Denmark in a nutshell. with an effecttive tax around 80% when you sum it all up in society.. same with cars you need to pay for 3' when you buy one.
Last edited by DaneLaw; Aug 06, 2016 at 04:20 PM.
Aug 06, 2016, 07:29 PM
Latency..

Is it me there overlooking app-language setting? (aint that sharp in Chinese..yet )

btw nice to see Foxeer putting an simple thing like a lens-cover in the package, (should be pretty easy into making it into an lens-guard so the lens aint sticking out, if the wide-wiew will interfeer, cant say) and same with the 2orange-straps that comes with the kit, and they have silicone on the inside, and with the rubber-context on the Legend2 casing.. it will be a firm-non-drifting-fit.

45.10grams Legend2
50.28grams Runcam2 (35.40 w'out battery)

will be an nice alternative to the Runcam2 with the wide FOV there is present in the Legend2..
Last edited by DaneLaw; Aug 06, 2016 at 11:16 PM.
Aug 06, 2016, 07:49 PM
This is looking very good.