Thread Tools
Feb 07, 2017, 08:41 AM
Registered User
hotrod_blower's Avatar
mail of FOXEER:


Dear Sir,

Thanks fo your support to us.
Yes, the Red and black is DC 5V in, the red is power, the black is Ground.
The yellow and black is video out, the yellow is video that connect to the transmitter video in cable, the black is Ground that connect to the transmitter GND cable.
Any problems pls feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Jason
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2017, 06:44 AM
Registered User
Artful Owl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by povlhp View Post
Depends on what you want. They are designed to different purposes.
Runcam 2 is designed to have low latency analog out, so you can use it as FPV cam.
Runcam 2 designed to be powered from 5V -> 4S (17V) when used without battery
Runcam 2 goes to 1920x1440 (2k@30fps) - 1080p60 - No 4.
Runcam 2 has a 4Mpix sensor, so sensor is optimized for video. No need for 12Mpix sensor unless you are doing 4k.
Runcam 2 has some electronic image stabilization (mixed reviews, some turn it off).

So you can't say one is better than the other. They are very different cameras for different purposes, but close to the same form factor.
If you want to use it with its own battery, and not for FPV, then the Legend 2 might be better. If you need more resolution or more FPS, then Legend 2 is better.

And the Runcam 2 has one major advantage. It is available in easy-to-find orange.
Thanks man.
Feb 14, 2017, 03:54 AM
Registered User
Dirkdigla666's Avatar
Hey.
I dont have a legend 2 but a legend 1 i bought used i just got today.
I charged it cause it was dead when it came in the mail and when i picked it up a little later i felt it was very very warm like 115f.
I opened it with the 2 screws and with temp gun checked around and the lens magnetic cable strip was the hottest at 115f and the top of tje lipo was about the same that would be right on top of that spot if camera was closed and intact.
I turned it off and let it cool to room temp and then turned it on and it raised from 85f to 108f in just about 1 min.
Does this sound way too hot and like there is something wrong.?
Ive had legend camera in past and dont remember getting that hot.
Its weird cause its not a regulator or component that seems to be getting hot.
Dont see why lens cable would get that.
Dont think its the lipo cause the rest of lipo aint hot .
I hope the temp aint a problem but i think 120f is too hot after several minutes charging or powered and i just bought an used broken camera.
Feb 16, 2017, 07:37 PM
Registered User
Can't get the app to work with my camera, i can change the frames but anyhting else i try to open it just crashes. The video never comes up either just the spins and does nothing.
Feb 17, 2017, 09:56 AM
Registered User
well it works with another phone so must be a resolution issue or phone issue.
Feb 20, 2017, 01:03 PM
Registered User
just ripped the micro usb off trying to install cam with usb for charging. resoldering no succes. does anyone with electric knowledge know if i could connect 5v directly to bat pads.
Feb 20, 2017, 04:55 PM
Registered User
can anyone confirm that the lens is a standard M12 mount?
Feb 20, 2017, 07:53 PM
Registered User
Dirkdigla666's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkdigla666 View Post
Hey.
I dont have a legend 2 but a legend 1 i bought used i just got today.
I charged it cause it was dead when it came in the mail and when i picked it up a little later i felt it was very very warm like 115f.
I opened it with the 2 screws and with temp gun checked around and the lens magnetic cable strip was the hottest at 115f and the top of tje lipo was about the same that would be right on top of that spot if camera was closed and intact.
I turned it off and let it cool to room temp and then turned it on and it raised from 85f to 108f in just about 1 min.
Does this sound way too hot and like there is something wrong.?
Ive had legend camera in past and dont remember getting that hot.
Its weird cause its not a regulator or component that seems to be getting hot.
Dont see why lens cable would get that.
Dont think its the lipo cause the rest of lipo aint hot .
I hope the temp aint a problem but i think 120f is too hot after several minutes charging or powered and i just bought an used broken camera.
Problem solved.
Updated fw and changed settings
And its no longer running hot while charging or powered.
Mar 01, 2017, 09:25 PM
Registered User
I wonder if someone can give me advice on the best settings for Foxeer Legend 2 on a mini-quad?

I bought one to replace my Runcam2 (which is on its last legs ) but so far I am disappointed with the results.

On the first day I set the Foxeer to 1080p60 & HDR ON. The resulting video was washed out, bleached looking & yellowy.
I assumed it was the HDR, so I turned that off. Today Im finding that its not exposing well at all compared to the runcam. The sky is almost always completely white. When the sky does expose well (majority frame sky) the ground is black. Its worse than the Runcam & I was expecting the opposite result.

It does adjust to light faster the the runcam, but the exposure balance is poor.

Can I improve this?

Here are some screenshots from this morning.
The firmware is 20161219 which i think is the most recent.

The settings today were:
1080/60
Quality SFine
Fov Wide
loop OFF
Stamp OFF
Mic Low
Iso limit 800
White Balance AUTO
Color Normal
Sharp Med
EV 0
Contrast Med
Sat MEd

Metering Multi
HDR OFF


Thanks for your advice!! :-)
Mar 02, 2017, 11:44 AM
Registered User
Hi,
Does anyone know whether its possible to put a narrow lens on the foxeer 2? I would like to use one as an airsoft scope cam. I know foxeer 1 is great for that purpose, just pondering whether anyone has looked into foxeer 2 and knows whether the lens compatibility is the same?
Mar 02, 2017, 05:06 PM
Registered User
Guys i'm considering to buy foxeer v2..Is it possible that v2 is only $69? http://www.banggood.com/Foxeer-Legend-2-F2_8-155-...-Racer-Drone-p-1053384.html?rmmds=search
Mar 02, 2017, 07:37 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalsky View Post
Guys i'm considering to buy foxeer v2..Is it possible that v2 is only $69? http://www.banggood.com/Foxeer-Legend-2-F2_8-155-...-Racer-Drone-p-1053384.html?rmmds=search
That is correct
http://foxeer.com/legend2.html

I received mine 2 days ago & now I found Legend 3 is coming out
Mar 04, 2017, 01:47 AM
-FPV it's a hell of a drug-
rotceh_dnih's Avatar
Don't forgot the "session form factor" Box

I should have the Legend 3 on Monday i'd say , shall report back
Mar 04, 2017, 05:36 PM
Whoa……it flies
anewton's Avatar
Here's my review of the Legend 2.
It has potential but let down by a very buggy app and oversaturated colours.
I'd be interested in people's settings for better image quality

Foxeer Legend 2 (13 min 38 sec)
Mar 05, 2017, 03:22 AM
Registered User
nhamg's Avatar
Does anyone know where to get a sensor extension cable for the Foxeer Legend 2?
Mar 05, 2017, 07:13 AM
Registered User
Not sure, but the Foxeer Legend 2 itself is now on a massive discount at banggood, http://www.banggood.com/Foxeer-Legend-2-F2_8-155-Degree-Wide-Angle-12MP-HD-WiFi-Camera-For-FPV-Racer-Drone 50% off!
Mar 05, 2017, 10:13 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissapeterson View Post
Not sure, but the Foxeer Legend 2 itself is now on a massive discount at banggood, http://www.banggood.com/Foxeer-Legend-2-F2_8-155-Degree-Wide-Angle-12MP-HD-WiFi-Camera-For-FPV-Racer-Drone 50% off!
I think someones pulling your leg mate. it's usd 69.99 standard price
Mar 05, 2017, 11:18 AM
Since 1902. Maybe.
Olivier_C's Avatar
It's an account spamming banggood links, see the referer code at the end of the URL, and post history.
Mar 19, 2017, 04:37 AM
-FPV it's a hell of a drug-
rotceh_dnih's Avatar
Got the Legend 3 and took it apart

Legend 3 V's Sesion 4 Low Light + Teardown - Product Preview. (5 min 52 sec)
Mar 19, 2017, 04:55 PM
Registered User
SilverLine's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotceh_dnih View Post
Got the Legend 3 and took it apart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv0z7W3Fvjg
Could you provide a RAW video clip from Legend 3 to download ?
Mar 21, 2017, 01:44 PM
Registered User
Any idea on the pricing of the L3?
Mar 21, 2017, 11:03 PM
q {bld(); fly(); brk(); q();}
The Recursion's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotceh_dnih View Post
Got the Legend 3 and took it apart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv0z7W3Fvjg
The FOV on the Session looks much larger. Was super-sampling enabled on the Foxeer?

NM you kinda mention it mid way. Even still the FOV looks much wider on the Session so something is not the same (perhaps the lens).
Today, 12:39 AM
Registered User
After just about a month using the Legend 2, I've decided it's the worst action camera I've owned.
I would not touch another foxeer HD camera from now on.

The battery life sucks. I get about 35mins of footage on 1080/60. Compared to the Runcam2 I get about 60mins & you can change the battery if needed.

90% of the footage show the sky completely white. I've used the Runcam2 on the same days & the sky shows up nicely.

In perfect conditions (with sun shining bright & no clouds diffusing the light) then the Legend2 performs well. Otherwise it is poor in comparison to the Runcam2. Heck, I'd even rather use the #808 on a cloudy day.

The dynamic range is clearly not as good as RC2, but it does react faster to metering changes going from bright image to dark. However it doesnt seem to expose well with a mixed image either the sky is white or the ground is black & rarely seem to get the balance of both right.

The HDR setting will fix these sky exposure issues but the resulting image will be washed out, pale & ugly.

I was very surprised at the poor results I've got because all the footage I've seen online seems great for this camera & I was certain it would be a step up from the Runcam2. Perhaps it is to do with where you live in the world, but since I live on a sub-tropical island, we have a lot of bright sunny days.
I do notice now a lot of the good footage from the Legend2 seems to be on days with no clouds & a totally blue sky.
Today, 02:59 AM
Since 1902. Maybe.
Olivier_C's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by riquez View Post
90% of the footage show the sky completely white. I've used the Runcam2 on the same days & the sky shows up nicely.
I agree, I have the same issue with my two HD v2 , when it's cloudy the sky white is ridiculous, this is what I filmed yesterday.
Granted, not the easiest condition for a camera, 30 minutes before sunset with clouds, but still, a Gopro can do much better.
Even my Legend v1 can do much better.
And there's nothing that can be done to correct this at edit time, it's not an issue with white balance, range, etc, it's just the info is not there in the source, it's plain white. This camera cannot tell the difference between white and grey.

First flowers (4 min 59 sec)
Last edited by Olivier_C; Today at 03:10 AM.
Today, 04:18 AM
Registered User
dirkzelf's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier_C View Post
I agree, I have the same issue with my two HD v2 , when it's cloudy the sky white is ridiculous, this is what I filmed yesterday.
Granted, not the easiest condition for a camera, 30 minutes before sunset with clouds, but still, a Gopro can do much better.
Even my Legend v1 can do much better.
And there's nothing that can be done to correct this at edit time, it's not an issue with white balance, range, etc, it's just the info is not there in the source, it's plain white. This camera cannot tell the difference between white and grey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51bONB1hsEA
Quote:
Originally Posted by riquez View Post
After just about a month using the Legend 2, I've decided it's the worst action camera I've owned.
I would not touch another foxeer HD camera from now on.

The battery life sucks. I get about 35mins of footage on 1080/60. Compared to the Runcam2 I get about 60mins & you can change the battery if needed.

90% of the footage show the sky completely white. I've used the Runcam2 on the same days & the sky shows up nicely.

In perfect conditions (with sun shining bright & no clouds diffusing the light) then the Legend2 performs well. Otherwise it is poor in comparison to the Runcam2. Heck, I'd even rather use the #808 on a cloudy day.

The dynamic range is clearly not as good as RC2, but it does react faster to metering changes going from bright image to dark. However it doesnt seem to expose well with a mixed image either the sky is white or the ground is black & rarely seem to get the balance of both right.

The HDR setting will fix these sky exposure issues but the resulting image will be washed out, pale & ugly.

I was very surprised at the poor results I've got because all the footage I've seen online seems great for this camera & I was certain it would be a step up from the Runcam2. Perhaps it is to do with where you live in the world, but since I live on a sub-tropical island, we have a lot of bright sunny days.
I do notice now a lot of the good footage from the Legend2 seems to be on days with no clouds & a totally blue sky.
At some point I had that too, but here are a few things you could check:

- Latest firmware installed?
- Contrast setting: set to medium, the HIGH setting causes this type of weird recordings in daylight, but for night recording contrast set to HIGH is perfect.
- Check saturation and color, HIGH saturation and vivid color may be a cause too....

Please let us know what it turned out....
Today, 05:21 AM
Since 1902. Maybe.
Olivier_C's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkzelf View Post
- Latest firmware installed?
- Contrast setting: set to medium, the HIGH setting causes this type of weird recordings in daylight, but for night recording contrast set to HIGH is perfect.
- Check saturation and color, HIGH saturation and vivid color may be a cause too....
Yes I have the latest firmware, but you're right, I'll try to tweak the settings, for now it's all on auto modes.
I guess I'm too used to the other cameras to work the best in auto mode


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Foxeer Legend 1 ShawnG FPV Equipment (FS/W) 2 Apr 19, 2016 06:25 PM
New Product New Foxeer Legend 1 Action camera Droneguy Multirotor Drone Talk 4 Mar 19, 2016 05:28 AM
Sold Foxeer Legend 1, 2 weeks old! cacjb FPV Equipment (FS/W) 2 Jan 22, 2016 11:49 PM
Discussion Foxeer legend as FPV camera vketil FPV Equipment 0 Sep 23, 2015 05:48 AM