Dec 26, 2016, 06:36 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Yep checked for fake.. it is legit... did not know about the guiformat,exe.

Funny it works with a 32gb with Fat32 format..... will now try the 64gb with guiformat.

Thanks for the heads up.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2016, 06:37 AM
Since 1902. Maybe.
Is there a Windows GUI to configure this camera ?
The Android App is crashing on my phone (Samsung S3)
Or with a config.txt file maybe ?

Nevermind, I used another phone.

Another question, could not find where to set 1920x1080x50Hz , is there no way to change this ?
This camera is useless to me if I cannot mix its footage with all my other cameras running at 50Hz.
60Hz down sampled is worthless.
Last edited by Olivier_C; Dec 29, 2016 at 11:39 AM.
Dec 29, 2016, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1
Yep checked for fake.. it is legit... did not know about the guiformat,exe.

Funny it works with a 32gb with Fat32 format..... will now try the 64gb with guiformat.

Thanks for the heads up.
Let us know what you experienced...
Dec 30, 2016, 01:43 AM
Is there a way in the settings to turn off all this on-screen-display info and just show the image?
Dec 30, 2016, 03:29 AM
Micro USB connector came loose from motherboard, anyone else had that?

Tried to resolder, no success....

Back to Foxeer/Hifpv??

Or volunteers in the Netherlands with the right skills to get it resoldered properly?
Last edited by dirkzelf; Dec 30, 2016 at 04:05 AM.
Dec 30, 2016, 09:21 PM
IronManFPV
Would this be a good budget camera to mount on quads?
Dec 31, 2016, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSonics
Would this be a good budget camera to mount on quads?
Want budget? Check this one:

http://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras/pp_360144.html

There's black, white and yellow, promotion ends over 5 days or so, and stock is running out......

Dec 31, 2016, 01:31 PM
FPV REBEL ALLIANCE
Is the Legend 2 the same cluster *&%^ the Legend 1 was? Foxeer doing the same firmware update thing with features not working?

Or did they finally get it right with this version and ALL the features are working as advertised?

NS
Dec 31, 2016, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstone
Is the Legend 2 the same cluster *&%^ the Legend 1 was? Foxeer doing the same firmware update thing with features not working?

Or did they finally get it right with this version and ALL the features are working as advertised?

NS
I think everything works, but some features are unclear what they mean or do. They did a special fw for low light recording, and it does actually help a bit, but don't bet your inheritance on it. I have some footage on my channel if you're interested. (goto YouTube search for dirkzelf). Keep in mind that YouTube makes our uploads sometimes blocky....

In terms of best footage from these shape of camera's, it is the JooVuu, but it isn't the holy grale either. But in terms of image quality and especially night footage, I gladly can live with her (yes I said it) temperament..... Hahaha

For all the rest, I can't really make up my mind, the original Mobius is still going strong with a large user base, and user support. The official resellers do a good job too. I don't know about the Mobius 2, since I don't have one, but they did seem to have some trouble getting everything right. Don't know what the current status is.

But back to my 1st reply, the Q6 Firefly by Hawkeye for 46 Euro is a great deal in my honest opinion. Night recordings don't seem to be that great, so keep that in mind. But it does have a display where you can change all settings, so you don't need your phone with wifi for that..... Lot of user base, as well, that's good for when you need help.

Anyway, it's up to you. If I were to buy one NOW, I'd probably buy the Viofo A119, with Sony IMX291 sensor for better night recordings.
Jan 06, 2017, 02:41 PM
Since 1902. Maybe.
Do you guys get the same kind of blocky horrible sky with the v2 ? Compare with the v1 below.
So this camera cannot film the sky, cannot record 50FPS, is it good for anything I'm not aware of ?

Foxeer Legend HD 1 1920x1080x50p

Foxeer Legend HD 2 1920x1080x60p

Last edited by Olivier_C; Jan 07, 2017 at 01:59 PM.
Jan 07, 2017, 11:54 AM
I have this cam few days, today i found issue with 1080p@30Hz recordings like Olivier_C have. Its jagged and blocked. 1440p@30Hz is super fine, using latest XA-01-20161220 firmware.
Jan 09, 2017, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD91
I have a question about the Legend 2 and also the 1.
Is the HDMI output active and putting out what the camera sees while it's on or is it only active during playback? in other words can it be used as a FPV using the HDMI as the video output?
I don't think HDMI puts out FPV video, but then again I haven't tried. There is (what looks like) a USB servo breakout cable (with video?), but there's no instructions on how to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriRC
I have this cam few days, today i found issue with 1080p@30Hz recordings like Olivier_C have. Its jagged and blocked. 1440p@30Hz is super fine, using latest XA-01-20161220 firmware.
I haven't noticed jagged/blocky things. Do you see that on your computer before uploading to YouTube?

This camera is a good budget camera for me, but I only require 1080p 60fps recording for personal playback. I don't need to make youtube videos or impress anyone.
Jan 10, 2017, 01:41 AM
Is the Foxeer Legend 2 better then the Runcam 2?
Jan 11, 2017, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farreep
I haven't noticed jagged/blocky things. Do you see that on your computer before uploading to YouTube?
Here it is, two screenshot from media player played 1080p fulscreen, allmost the same scene one recorded with QHD (1440p) and second HD (1080p). I think issue is with with downscaling to HD because QHD is native to this camera, but who kows ...

1440p

1080p
Last edited by JiriRC; Jan 11, 2017 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Added direct image links
Jan 11, 2017, 07:47 PM
The Action Cam Guy!
Has anyone taken this apart? I'd like to know if lens can be replaced and refocused and if it's standard 12M x 0.5 lens.
Jan 12, 2017, 11:29 AM
is it possible to decase, take battery out and run on 5v?
Jan 13, 2017, 08:58 AM
sure. the lens module is a bit bulky tho. theres a piece of pdb sticking out the side. decased youll prob be able to cool it better with a heatsink.
Jan 13, 2017, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriRC
Here it is, two screenshot from media player played 1080p fulscreen, allmost the same scene one recorded with QHD (1440p) and second HD (1080p). I think issue is with with downscaling to HD because QHD is native to this camera, but who kows ...
Very nice.. what a difference. almost gave up on these.
Jan 16, 2017, 07:41 AM
Hi,

I bought recently a Legend 2, I liked so much this one, but I have a issue and I don't know how to fix it.

How can I update the time of this camera? I'm using a IOS app to configure this Legend 2, but I can't adjust the time

Is there a different procedure to update time on this camera instead of app?

I installed the last version of the FW (Legend2-firmware-XA-01-20161220) but on the app show me a different version (XA-01-20161219). Is it correct?

THis is my first post here, if I am doing some thing wrong, please let me know, ok?

BR,
Jan 17, 2017, 03:02 PM
Should be able to change time on the app.

As long as you follow firmware instructions then you should be on the latest version. Either way (either 12/19 or 12/20) you should have about the same experience as they're one day apart.
Jan 18, 2017, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farreep
Should be able to change time on the app.

As long as you follow firmware instructions then you should be on the latest version. Either way (either 12/19 or 12/20) you should have about the same experience as they're one day apart.

Should I need to click on the specific place on the app or it is automatically?
I am thinking to access by a android app to double check this procedure! Now I need to find someone that have an android

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
Jan 20, 2017, 11:50 AM
There's a way to get into the camera settings. It should be in there, I believe. I still haven't checked. It's been a while since I've been flying. Waiting on parts, now weather :'(
Jan 25, 2017, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Owl
Is the Foxeer Legend 2 better then the Runcam 2?
Depends on what you want. They are designed to different purposes.
Runcam 2 is designed to have low latency analog out, so you can use it as FPV cam.
Runcam 2 designed to be powered from 5V -> 4S (17V) when used without battery
Runcam 2 goes to 1920x1440 (2k@30fps) - 1080p60 - No 4.
Runcam 2 has a 4Mpix sensor, so sensor is optimized for video. No need for 12Mpix sensor unless you are doing 4k.
Runcam 2 has some electronic image stabilization (mixed reviews, some turn it off).

So you can't say one is better than the other. They are very different cameras for different purposes, but close to the same form factor.
If you want to use it with its own battery, and not for FPV, then the Legend 2 might be better. If you need more resolution or more FPS, then Legend 2 is better.

And the Runcam 2 has one major advantage. It is available in easy-to-find orange.
Jan 25, 2017, 06:47 AM
Just to add that the Mobius Mini has exactly the same imaging hardware (sensor and DSP) as the RC2, but in an even smaller and lighter package. It only comes in black though, and yes I lost one (even with yellow tape on it)
Jan 25, 2017, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Just to add that the Mobius Mini has exactly the same imaging hardware (sensor and DSP) as the RC2, but in an even smaller and lighter package. It only comes in black though, and yes I lost one (even with yellow tape on it)
The audio is different though. The sound recording of the Mobius Mini is very good, the sound recording of the Runcam is poor. No big problem if you don't need audio.
Jan 26, 2017, 06:15 PM
Who is John Powers ?
Does it has RC control like the V1 to start and stop recording / picture taking ? (PWD servo input)
Jan 26, 2017, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moska
Should I need to click on the specific place on the app or it is automatically?
I am thinking to access by a android app to double check this procedure! Now I need to find someone that have an android

Well, I would like to explain that I only could set the time of my legend2 by Android App, because IOS app is not working....

Jan 31, 2017, 02:06 PM
It seems stabilization does not work. Can anyone confirm this?
Feb 06, 2017, 08:40 AM
Foxeer Legend2 [Test vs Git2 - Firefly7S - YI 4K] (7 min 43 sec)
Feb 06, 2017, 09:28 AM
Could you tell me, if the black line, is for Rc switch ( same as legende1) or audio ?
when i use legend 2 for FPV cam.

Thnak's.