Dec 02, 2016, 09:22 PM
ptg
ptg
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitup
A12 can do real 4K 30FPS, next year you will see 4K 60fps.
I wish after we released the camera of Mobius style, the best one will be changed.
Any RAW 4K A12 samples ?
Which 100 $ camera on the market has A12 chip and can do real 4k footage?
Tnx for info.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 03, 2016, 12:17 AM
-FPV it's a hell of a drug-
Also waiting on this info
Dec 04, 2016, 02:07 PM
Forgive me if this is answered in the thread already, but I'm looking to upgrade my action cam and I'm currently torn between the Runcam 2 and the FL 2. I've had a look at some comparison videos, which to my surprise seem to show the FL 2 giving a somewhat sharper image, albeit with slightly less good colour rendition compared to the Runcam.

I understand there have been various firmware updates to both, so what's the current verdict? How do the two compare? Battery life? Image quality? I think I'd slightly prefer the wider lens of the Foxeer, but it's not a huge issue. Any thoughts are welcome.
Dec 05, 2016, 05:08 AM
I don't like my Runcam 2 video....
No settings give overall good color rendition. Whilst my Mobius 1 gets it near perfect for all cases! So for now I think that wins hands down over the Runcam 2 in VIDEO quality... hmm, also in SOUND quality - the Runcam 2 is USELESS for sound!

FL 2 videos posted seem good.....
But then there is the Q6 to consider also.....
So a better check/question would be FL2 or Q6 ?
Dec 05, 2016, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC
No settings give overall good color rendition. Whilst my Mobius 1 gets it near perfect for all cases! So for now I think that wins hands down over the Runcam 2 in VIDEO quality... hmm, also in SOUND quality - the Runcam 2 is USELESS for sound!

Thanks for your input.

The Q6 looks good, but it was significantly discounted recently at GearBest and I can't bring myself to pay full price now, having missed the sale. I'm also concerned that people are reporting poor battery life and that it runs very hot -- so I've ruled that out for now.
Dec 05, 2016, 08:26 AM
FPV really is fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC

Runcam2's video far surpasses Mobius 1's. Mobius has little detail, and a ton of block noise . Bit rate is way too low. Runcam is sharp and vivid, if a little saturated. Have you upgraded firmware? Runcam2's sound does suck, but I don't want to listen to prop noise anyway.
Dec 05, 2016, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotth72
Runcam2's video far surpasses Mobius 1's.
That's not surprising given that the M1 is more than 3 years old. You really need to compare with the M2 or Mobius Mini (which uses the same hardware as the RC2) instead.
Dec 09, 2016, 09:46 AM
my RC. Your info
My take on this camera
I am far more pleased with this camera then with the V1 :$

DutchRC - Foxeer Legend 2 Ultra HD Action Camera - Full Review! (from Banggood.com) (26 min 12 sec)

I got mine here: Foxeer Legend 2 by SurveilZone
Dec 11, 2016, 05:20 AM
I have a question about the foxeer legend 2 I just got. This manual is really minimalistic and I assumed that functions on legend 1 would also be on the 2. Maybe I'm wrong or someone could clarify it for me.

First this is my first camera and it looks realy good in the box. There is a fpv wire included and I connected it and have video but it states nowhere how to connect it so logically I first connected yellow to the video and this resulted in no image so I connected the black/red plug to 5v where black is ground. I now have image but still have one black wire free on the yellow/black plug. I was hoping this is gonne be a signal wire but maybe it's audio I don't know how to test this.
And if it's audio is there a way to start the recording from the transmitter. Would I need a different cable?

Any help is appreciated
Dec 11, 2016, 12:23 PM
Hey guys, does anyone have a link to where you can get a mount for this camera without the tilt angle for drones?
Thanks
Dec 12, 2016, 05:27 PM
I just received my Legend 2. It's a great little unit!

I put it on for its first charge today and, whilst it seems to be working, it got *INCREDIBLY* hot. Is this normal?
Dec 12, 2016, 06:17 PM
No , it shouldn't get very hot .

One thing though , When you first plug it in for charge the camera defaults to turn on and if you leave it like that it will get hot

I just plug in wait for it to turn on then turn it off to charge , you should see a little green light near the usb port and nothing else
Dec 12, 2016, 06:19 PM
Thanks! That's exactly what I was doing wrong.
Dec 12, 2016, 06:25 PM
Awesome mate , i did the same thing for the first charge haha
Dec 13, 2016, 02:34 PM
Trith_FPV
Any word on the RF noise it may create? Ive been looking for a disassembly video, but cannot find one. What does it look like on the inside? Is it cheap? or built well?

Ive already gone ahead and ordered one, but I was curious if I should shield it myself on the drone or not.
Dec 13, 2016, 04:36 PM
Fark.. ok doing my review tonight , i'll be tearing mine down in it but i can tell you these have 0 RF shielding inside
Dec 15, 2016, 10:12 AM
Trith_FPV
I got my Legend 2 in the mail. I have yet to actually fly with it due to wind right now. But I had a couple questions.

It comes with EIS on? Does it work? or should I just leave it off?
Also, HDR is off by default? IS there any benefit to it?

Just curious, normally I find a thread with a guide going over great settings to use and such, but really cant find much on this cam.

Any help is much appreciated!
Dec 16, 2016, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1T0N
Any word on the RF noise it may create? Ive been looking for a disassembly video, but cannot find one. What does it look like on the inside? Is it cheap? or built well?

Ive already gone ahead and ordered one, but I was curious if I should shield it myself on the drone or not.
I don't know about the FL2, but someone tested the FL1 for RF noise and the results are good (not sure if we can conclude anything about the FL2):

UHF Noise Test - Foxeer Legend 1 and RunCam 2 (7 min 24 sec)

Pics of the internals here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=192
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=194
Dec 16, 2016, 09:30 AM
Trith_FPV
Thank you for the reply.

Any word on the Image Stabilization? Or the HDR fucntion? I know sometimes they are not enabled until a firmware update comes out.

Anyone test the FL2?
Dec 16, 2016, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1T0N
Thank you for the reply.

Any word on the Image Stabilization? Or the HDR fucntion? I know sometimes they are not enabled until a firmware update comes out.

Anyone test the FL2?
I'm using it as a dashcam but I don't see much difference in HDR, IMAGE STABILISATION or Higher EXPOSURE VALUES in night recordings.

I'm not sure if they really are functional.... Ask foxeer?
Dec 21, 2016, 04:21 AM
MK Addict
Sorry
i came across this video. is this the legend 3 ?? if it is i see lots of improvement over the light changing , i saw also somewhere that it will be two sizes ordinary size , and cube style like session, in the mean while runcam 3 is coming also .
Fly with Eagle 1080P60fps SuperView FOXEER Legend 3 (3 min 46 sec)
Dec 21, 2016, 06:55 AM
That is the 3, I believe. Biggest difference is a better image sensor for higher quality, I think. They haven't talked about it much, and they're definitely not hyping it yet (like the 2 was).
Dec 23, 2016, 11:47 AM
Trith_FPV
My Legend 2 stock settings seem to be over sharp. Trees seem to look Jagged?

Is this resolved by dropping the "sharper setting " to low? By default it looks to be on Medium.

If anyone could recommend general every day settings Id very much appreciate it. The footage is very smooth but the image quality just doesn't seem correct. Looks very washed out, maybe over bright and too sharp.
Dec 24, 2016, 10:35 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Hey question for the experienced here... Just bought a new Legend 2 and I have found a couple issues.

(1) I can power on, but pressing the video start/wifi button quick (I get a beep) but it does not start the video (blue led not flashing). If I press long... it goes to wifi.

(2) If I press the power button quicklly (I get a beep) and cannot get the mode to change to picts.

Also tried to update firmware....no led flicker, so it is not updating.

Anyone have any tips... or can direct me to a factory reset?

Looks like I need to return this one.
Last edited by kydawg1; Dec 25, 2016 at 09:05 AM.
Dec 25, 2016, 02:09 PM
I have a question about the Legend 2 and also the 1.
Is the HDMI output active and putting out what the camera sees while it's on or is it only active during playback? in other words can it be used as a FPV using the HDMI as the video output?
Dec 25, 2016, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1
Hey question for the experienced here... Just bought a new Legend 2 and I have found a couple issues.

(1) I can power on, but pressing the video start/wifi button quick (I get a beep) but it does not start the video (blue led not flashing). If I press long... it goes to wifi.

(2) If I press the power button quicklly (I get a beep) and cannot get the mode to change to picts.

Also tried to update firmware....no led flicker, so it is not updating.

Anyone have any tips... or can direct me to a factory reset?

Looks like I need to return this one.
Try fully charge the battery first, I had the same, after full charge it worked flawless....
Dec 25, 2016, 05:00 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Yep fully charged.... same issue.
Dec 25, 2016, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD91
I have a question about the Legend 2 and also the 1.

Is the HDMI output active and putting out what the camera sees while it's on or is it only active during playback?

in other words can it be used as a FPV using the HDMI as the video output?
Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks.
Dec 26, 2016, 10:51 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
OK update.... was trying a 64gb card (class 10)... the camera was not able to use it apparently. Tried a 32gb (class 10) and the camera works. I also was able to update firmware. All seems OK now.

Now I just need to see why it was having trouble with 64gb...
Dec 26, 2016, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1
OK update.... was trying a 64gb card (class 10)... the camera was not able to use it apparently. Tried a 32gb (class 10) and the camera works. I also was able to update firmware. All seems OK now.

Now I just need to see why it was having trouble with 64gb...
Oh, right, yeah we all have that, format the SD card with guiformat.exe (google it) and you're good to go. Seems like the camera's don't like the exFat format, FAT32 is a widely accepted format for most camera's.

(or your card is a fake, have you checked that?)