Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 05, 2016, 10:32 PM
Sorry :\ My phone decided that my camera's WiFi is the DEVIL because it can't touch the internet when connected. D: I don't want my device to be this "smart." I'm smart enough to choose these things for it.

Anybody know a workaround? Besides using something not on Android 5.0+ ?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2016, 02:31 AM
I am running Android 7.0 and I just tell it to stay connected to the camera's wifi.
Oct 06, 2016, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farreep
Sorry :\ My phone decided that my camera's WiFi is the DEVIL because it can't touch the internet when connected. D: I don't want my device to be this "smart." I'm smart enough to choose these things for it.

Anybody know a workaround? Besides using something not on Android 5.0+ ?
I have that too, and I'm on Android 6.0.1...... I have no idea how to get around that.

It's annoying but not unworkable, you just need to make the connection manually by clicking Foxeer in the SETTINGS > WIFI menu. Then open the Foxeer setup menu.
Last edited by dirkzelf; Oct 06, 2016 at 02:42 AM.
Oct 06, 2016, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRTrulz
I am running Android 7.0 and I just tell it to stay connected to the camera's wifi.
Yeah, here too on 6.0.1, BUT.... if I check the stay connected box, the next time I sart the Foxeer's wifi, it asks me AGAIN..... so the check box doesn't seem to remember my choice.... I need to manually connect every time again...

Oct 06, 2016, 07:47 AM
Quote:
I'm also on Nougat, but no cigar. It used to stay connected, which is the strange part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkzelf
I have that too, and I'm on Android 6.0.1...... I have no idea how to get around that.

It's annoying but not unworkable, you just need to make the connection manually by clicking Foxeer in the SETTINGS > WIFI menu. Then open the Foxeer setup menu.
I'll try this when I get home, in that case. Also I'll try forgetting and re-adding the camera, so long as I can find the password for the WiFi...
Oct 06, 2016, 09:10 AM
Quote:
I'm also on Nougat, but no cigar. It used to stay connected, which is the strange part.

I'll try this when I get home, in that case. Also I'll try forgetting and re-adding the camera, so long as I can find the password for the WiFi...
forgetting and re-adding the camera didn't do the trick for me.

password is standard set to 12345678
Oct 06, 2016, 08:46 PM
Fly with Eagle 1080P60fps SuperView FOXEER Legend 3 (3 min 46 sec)

Wording mistake or next version on its way?
Oct 06, 2016, 10:26 PM
Thanks Dirkzelf. I did get FOV to work tonight. I can post a couple screenshots if you want, but it just makes things bigger.

I can't get any options for the one timer thing (I think the lost one). It just pops up a window that has no populated options, lol.

I'd bet it's a typo, haha. But that's a cool location. Feel bad for the eagle, tho.
Oct 07, 2016, 12:21 AM
Flying while Frying
They are already talking about the foxeer 3 real 4k and they still did NOT fix the problems of the foxeer 2. This is typical of companies that try to look at profits other than at customers support. I sent them a couple of messages on Facebook and, even tho they look active at posting their promotional videos, they totally ignored my messages.

They should learn from the Mobius team guys.

W la figa
Oct 07, 2016, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopiwhoopie
They are already talking about the foxeer 3 real 4k and they still did NOT fix the problems of the foxeer 2. This is typical of companies that try to look at profits other than at customers support. I sent them a couple of messages on Facebook and, even tho they look active at posting their promotional videos, they totally ignored my messages.

W la figa
I do agree with you to some extent, but I do get pretty quick responses from HIFPV, I never use FB.

China is closed down for some holiday until Oct 8. Maybe that has something to do with it as well.
Oct 07, 2016, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Thanks Dirkzelf. I did get FOV to work tonight. I can post a couple screenshots if you want, but it just makes things bigger.

I can't get any options for the one timer thing (I think the lost one). It just pops up a window that has no populated options, lol.

I'd bet it's a typo, haha. But that's a cool location. Feel bad for the eagle, tho.
I am interested to know if you can get the L2 to STARTUP (from power off to power on) in narrow or medium view.

Because if I set the view to medium or narrow, I indeed get the required fov, but when the camera is turned off, and restarted, this setting is lost, and the fov is ALWAYS in wide view, the view should be in the setting of our choice, even after reboot!

Strange thing is, that the SETTING will show you in TEXT the fov is in medium or narrow, but the real view in the viewfinder is WIDE!
Last edited by dirkzelf; Oct 07, 2016 at 03:45 AM. Reason: typo
Oct 07, 2016, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopiwhoopie

W la figa
Considering how the Legend 2 wasn't was JUST released (today?), and the Legend 2 4K is still only in the "Announced" stage, I'd guess that somebody fat-fingered their keyboard. That's probably the Legend 2 4K, if I had to guess.

interesting they now ship it with a case. Maybe I can get one separate...
Oct 07, 2016, 05:08 PM
Foxeer are consistently referring to it as the Legend 3 at the moment:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/foxeer/
Oct 07, 2016, 09:29 PM
Quote:
interesting they now ship it with a case. Maybe I can get one separate...
Just asked on FB and they said they will be putting up the cases for sale separately soon.

Update: Here is the link to buy http://www.hifpv.com/Silicon-Case-fo...2-Camera-g-391
Last edited by HRTrulz; Oct 07, 2016 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Updaing with link
Oct 08, 2016, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foremi
I'd like to know where image stabilization is. It was advertised ever since the legend 2 was announced and has never showed up. I'd expect if the final one is shipping soon, us "beta" testers would have it.
I see that EIS is mentioned in the advert for the production L2 now. Any details on how (well) this works? Which resolutions is it available in? Etc.

If it can output good quality stabilized 1080px60 video that would be a really desirable feature.
Oct 10, 2016, 07:57 AM
Quote:
I am interested to know if you can get the L2 to STARTUP (from power off to power on) in narrow or medium view.
I got a chance to test this and it resets every time after reboot. Looks like we'll need an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Foxeer are consistently referring to it as the Legend 3 at the moment
Huh. Maybe they're just calling it the Legend 3 instead of the Legend 2 4k? It would suck for them to release the 3 ontop of the 2.

Quote:
Just asked on FB and they said they will be putting up the cases for sale separately soon.

Update: Here is the link to buy
Thanks HRTrulz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
I see that EIS is mentioned in the advert for the production L2 now. Any details on how (well) this works? Which resolutions is it available in? Etc.

If it can output good quality stabilized 1080px60 video that would be a really desirable feature.
I don't know if EIS is working well or if there aren't applicable vibrations, but it seems to be pretty stable. This is my latest flight w/ a miniquad:
Mini-quad FPV Education Flight (3 min 59 sec)
Oct 10, 2016, 05:04 PM
Quote:
I got a chance to test this and it resets every time after reboot. Looks like we'll need an update.

I don't know if EIS is working well or if there aren't applicable vibrations, but it seems to be pretty stable. This is my latest flight w/ a miniquad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-kpWYBJujo
HIFPV knows about it and is prepping a fw update.....

I haven't specifically looked at the eis yet, but latest recordings are pretty stable.
Oct 11, 2016, 06:15 AM
It doesn't seem like this has been asked, but is this Legend 2 shielded from emitting UHF noise? Has anyone checked?
Oct 11, 2016, 07:50 AM
Quote:
HIFPV knows about it and is prepping a fw update.....

I haven't specifically looked at the eis yet, but latest recordings are pretty stable.
Woo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer
It doesn't seem like this has been asked, but is this Legend 2 shielded from emitting UHF noise? Has anyone checked?
I don't believe there is any specific shielding on the case. I opened her up to mod the mic, and it was the same plastic through and through (no foil/shielding). Unless there's shielding on specific components on the PCB, then I'd say no. You'd have to look at grabbing a shielded Mobius or something for that.
Oct 11, 2016, 11:02 AM
hi guys

can do 720p at 100fps for e.u. light ?

p.s. : W la figa ... sei un mito cazzo !
Oct 11, 2016, 01:44 PM
720p@120 frames is a confirmed feature. The basic specs are all available from the product page at hifpv.com
Oct 11, 2016, 02:13 PM
ok thanks

but since it has not 100fps , I would like to know if it have in mený the setting for 50hz light...
Oct 11, 2016, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Woo!

I don't believe there is any specific shielding on the case. I opened her up to mod the mic, and it was the same plastic through and through (no foil/shielding). Unless there's shielding on specific components on the PCB, then I'd say no. You'd have to look at grabbing a shielded Mobius or something for that.

Thanks! That is indeed quite unfortunate since an inner coat of shielding on the plastic would have been relatively easy and cheap to do. Runcam has done it on their previous HD cams. I do use a Mobius wrapped in copper tape but was hoping to upgrade it with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oct 12, 2016, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona955i
ok thanks

but since it has not 100fps , I would like to know if it have in mený the setting for 50hz light...
I believe I did see an option for 50hz light? Didn't know what it was, so I didn't pay much attention to it. Can somebody confirm for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer
Thanks! That is indeed quite unfortunate since an inner coat of shielding on the plastic would have been relatively easy and cheap to do. Runcam has done it on their previous HD cams. I do use a Mobius wrapped in copper tape but was hoping to upgrade it with this one.
Wrapped in copper tape? Sounds like a pain, haha. Will the camera electronics mess w/ UHF that much? I think they didn't do it so they could shave weight (and price). I believe it's targeted @ miniquads, which are usually in the 2.4gHz spectrum.
Oct 12, 2016, 09:33 AM
Quote:
I believe I did see an option for 50hz light? Didn't know what it was, so I didn't pay much attention to it. Can somebody confirm for me?
hi Farreep

confirm what? if you see , the function there is

should know if it works well... also because I can not understand how the option can solve the problem for 50hz

it would be interesting that somebody made a recording at 720p 120fps with 50hz light option enabled... Perhaps the recording becomes 100fps... maybe

Marco
Oct 12, 2016, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona955i
hi Farreep

confirm what? if you see , the function there is

should know if it works well... also because I can not understand how the option can solve the problem for 50hz

it would be interesting that somebody made a recording at 720p 120fps with 50hz light option enabled... Perhaps the recording becomes 100fps... maybe

Marco
I'm only asking because I don't have my camera with me to test. I may get around to it tonight, but I'll be quite busy so I might not get to it at first.

And that's a good question, marco! I'm really not sure. I don't personally see the use of running something at 100 frames (or 50hz) as opposed to 120, but I don't know that much about taking video either.
Oct 13, 2016, 06:01 AM
-FPV it's a hell of a drug-
Got a Legend 2 in for testing so here's my quick and dirty review

Legend 2 V's Hero 4 Session (1 min 33 sec)

Legend 2 is on the left and Hero4 session is on the right

Other then the exposure clamping time the footage is pretty good. they just need to add a large delay to the change or let us lock it easier.

Android app allowed me to connect to the camera one time only and now im unable to connect :/ will need to look into that..

the build is cheap! 3 screw's , no heatsink,no shielding, no support for the image sensor , sh#t mic , small battery & it gets stupid hot

However its 1/4th the price of a gopro ,has a higher mbps then the session 4 "25 V's 38" , weighs in at 45g & im sure someone will make a 3d printed case that allows the camera to survive more then one of my crashes

Full review coming soon.
Oct 16, 2016, 08:31 AM

While some stuff seems good...

I'm not sure why there has been so much hype From foxeer on this...

Other than 96 fps... It seems a q6 caters more directly to aerial users.

http://www.gearbest.com/action-camer...44.html?wid=21

The quality is very, good. It has a Gyro, which is amazing on planes (or on foot) No Wi-Fi, so no 2.4 GHz interference Or phone pairing time. OLED display, FPV latency while recording seems to be 65ms or so. Another way they have been really thinking is that they include a voltage display for V BAT via the FPV out. You also have RC control over recording. They do include those cables, which is also expected now but good. I have yet to see their optional 90 deg lens, but, it's great that they offer flexibility.
Oct 17, 2016, 02:45 AM
-FPV it's a hell of a drug-
that has the same cpu and image sensor as the legend 2 , i'd like to see more gopro form factors myself
Oct 17, 2016, 05:22 AM
Not only for RC Models!
Foxeer Legend2 [Test vs Git2 - Firefly7S - YI 4K] (7 min 43 sec)