Foxeer Legend 2 - ON ITS WAY! - Page 17 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 18, 2016, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotceh_dnih
Android app allowed me to connect to the camera one time only and now im unable to connect :/ will need to look into that..

the build is cheap! 3 screw's , no heatsink,no shielding, no support for the image sensor , sh#t mic , small battery & it gets stupid hot

However its 1/4th the price of a gopro ,has a higher mbps then the session 4 "25 V's 38" , weighs in at 45g & im sure someone will make a 3d printed case that allows the camera to survive more then one of my crashes

Full review coming soon.
I had to delete the WiFi from my phone and re-connect for it to take again. not sure why, but it's now reliable again for me.

I modded the mic so it's a LOT better for FPV recording (almost NO wind noise). I just removed the felt cover from it and put a piece of scotch tape over the inside of the mic hole. Not much of a mod, but now it doesn't sound like you're blowing straight into it all the time. Not sure how it affects other sound, since I don't use it for other stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_boom
It seems a q6 caters more directly to aerial users.

http://www.gearbest.com/action-camer...44.html?wid=21

The quality is very, good. It has a Gyro, which is amazing on planes (or on foot) No Wi-Fi, so no 2.4 GHz interference Or phone pairing time. OLED display, FPV latency while recording seems to be 65ms or so. Another way they have been really thinking is that they include a voltage display for V BAT via the FPV out. You also have RC control over recording. They do include those cables, which is also expected now but good. I have yet to see their optional 90 deg lens, but, it's great that they offer flexibility.
Hmm...Maybe I'd have bought this if I knew how much of a pain the WiFi would be. I just don't find that function useful, especially since that's the only way to change some of the advanced settings. :\

Quote:
that has the same cpu and image sensor as the legend 2 , i'd like to see more gopro form factors myself
I'm good without the gopro form factors. Those have a lot of surface area for wind to catch on, and are off-center. Perfectly fine for some stuff, but not as good for FPV. Though I would consider a session 4/5.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2016, 07:03 PM
-FPV it's a hell of a drug-
yea session form factor would be good enough , the issue i have with the legend style of camera is most of my frames dont have the room to mount them , i got lucky with my BDX racer and it fits if i use my session and put the legend on top , i only have one frame in my collection that i could mount this on easily , i might do something similar to my mic maybe just fill the area with foam and try that , i think someone installed a gopro mic? not sure who though

i wish there was a pc config or something as the wifi sucks... sucks the battery dead fast lol i got it working fine just removed it like you said and then i go to the connect window on the left like others have said and so that way its working each time now but it gets hot when wifi is on "no heatsinks remember "and seems to eat battery alot faster

edit: my biggest issue with this camera is still the exposure time , going from low to high it over exposes and blooms the frames and going high to low it gets stupid dark. Fix that and there will be alot of happy people
Oct 20, 2016, 01:59 PM
Does anybody know if the legend 2 is compatible with the sj4000 live out cable?
Nov 01, 2016, 03:56 AM
some more flight footage

Legend 2 Low light // 3Dmode (1 min 22 sec)
Nov 02, 2016, 09:49 AM
+1 Nice flying, man. Looks pretty sweet with 3D, and the footage is nice too!
Nov 06, 2016, 10:46 AM
NEW Foxeer Legend 2 ActionCam on FPV racing drone testing 1080p60:
NEW Foxeer Legend 2 ActionCam on FPV racing drone testing 1080p60 (4 min 25 sec)
Nov 06, 2016, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkzelf
Ah I see, well that's OK then. Thanks!

FB shows me an almost page big popup screen to login or to sign up. I can't push that away, and I really hate that kind of manipulative behavior, and all the other sneaky things that they do.

Anyway, back to topic:

FOXEER has a website where they don't support L2? Cause it's in beta still?

It would be nice indeed to let the camera see the new firmware when wifi is on or when I connect it to PC. I presume it works like that with the RC2?
The FOXEER website will release the latest firmware soon.

Legend 2 latest firmware. XA-01 20161024 and XA-01 20161027.

The XA-01 20161024 version will drop frame at low light condition to improve the image brightness.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4cm2nuyfd...61024.zip?dl=0

This XA-01 20161027 verison will keep the framerate smooth.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjde86qx85...61027.zip?dl=0

1.Amended the issue of FOV can't be stored.
2.Updated the function of Lost Alarm. Lost Alarm function definition: first time give an alarm last for 15s after the image stopped of 2mins,then give an alarm once every 2 mins.
3.Updated the funtion of Video Timer Alarm.Video Timer Alarm definition: give an alarm at presupposed time after start to reord until press any button.5mins,10mins 15 mins can be setted.
4.Updated Auto off issue.Auto off: Auto off after no operation last for 5mins when standby.
5.Updated the issue of Delay Off. Delay Off:End and Auto off after unplugged for 30s.

Update Method:Put firmware file LEGEND2.bin into root directory of MicroSD card, power on,camera will update automatically.All LED indicater will flicker for about 30s when updating,will stop flickering when update ends.
Please delete the firmware file after finish updating to aviod repeat update.
Nov 06, 2016, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWood

The XA-01 20161024 version will drop frame at low light condition to improve the image brightness.

2.Updated the function of Lost Alarm. Lost Alarm function definition: first time give an alarm last for 15s after the image stopped of 2mins,then give an alarm once every 2 mins.
3.Updated the funtion of Video Timer Alarm.Video Timer Alarm definition: give an alarm at presupposed time after start to reord until press any button.5mins,10mins 15 mins can be setted.
4.Updated Auto off issue.Auto off: Auto off after no operation last for 5mins when standby.
5.Updated the issue of Delay Off. Delay Off:End and Auto off after unplugged for 30s.

Update Method:Put firmware file LEGEND2.bin into root directory of MicroSD card, power on,camera will update automatically.All LED indicater will flicker for about 30s when updating,will stop flickering when update ends.
Thank you for the update. I almost returned the camera after I updated with the firmware i just downloaded yesterday on the foxeer site, which gave me all kinds of problems.
Nov 07, 2016, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markable
Thank you for the update. I almost returned the camera after I updated with the firmware i just downloaded yesterday on the foxeer site, which gave me all kinds of problems.
The Legend 2 latest firmware come! VA-01-20161107 version, update the crash problem of camera switch to photo mode after OSD closed.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghuza3r4uh...mware.zip?dl=0
Nov 07, 2016, 08:22 AM
Hi Jason, you mentioned 2 firmware in your post the other day:

XA-01 20161024
XA-01 20161027

Then today you mentioned VA-01-20161107. Can you let me know which of the low-light recording options the newest (VA-01-20161107) firmware is based off of?

Thanks!
Nov 07, 2016, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWood

@jasonwood:

Tested Both firmware versions, and october 24 is indeed slightly brighter than october 27 version, but I am using it for dashcam and I have to conclude that it is not bright enough unfortunately.

Although it drops frames to 30/s, it still is nice and fluent, just a little too dark still....

Can we exchange lenses for better night performance? For example lenses with F1.8 aperture? Or any larger aperture than the original lens?

If that were an option then that would be great!!
Last edited by dirkzelf; Nov 08, 2016 at 03:46 AM.
Nov 08, 2016, 03:48 AM
Did anyone test the HDR function in low light conditions? Any difference?

Mine doesn't show a difference.

Jason, can you check if the function setting is stored and working correctly?
Nov 09, 2016, 08:08 AM
So I am going to post a super newbie question.
I am not into FPV flight at all. Just heli's and fixed wing.

I have been looking into a cheap way to get first person video in high quality on my iPhone.

My simply question is, what is the range of the WiFi network between the camera and the phone? and does anyone use it as an FPV camera or is everyone simply using it as a secondary camera to record video while having a main camera for fpv ?

I know it sounds stupid but I couldn't find this answer anywhere I look.

hoping someone can help me out.

thank you!
Nov 09, 2016, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkzelf
Did anyone test the HDR function in low light conditions? Any difference?
Haven't gotten enough chances to get out yet, mate. Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrot33
So I am going to post a super newbie question.
I am not into FPV flight at all. Just heli's and fixed wing.

I have been looking into a cheap way to get first person video in high quality on my iPhone.

My simply question is, what is the range of the WiFi network between the camera and the phone? and does anyone use it as an FPV camera or is everyone simply using it as a secondary camera to record video while having a main camera for fpv ?

I know it sounds stupid but I couldn't find this answer anywhere I look.

hoping someone can help me out.

thank you!
I haven't tested range, but I would be SUPER surprised if this camera will work as an FPV cam for anything past 30'. It's hard to get a WiFi device to do well like that unless it's built into a major product (phantom, bebop, etc). That's why there is SUCH a proliferation of FPV systems that use dedicated systems (Cam -> VTX -> VRX -> Screen). You can probably get a whole kit for ~$100
Last edited by Farreep; Nov 09, 2016 at 10:49 AM.
Nov 09, 2016, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farreep
Haven't gotten enough chances to get out yet, mate. Sorry

No problem sir. Let us know whenever you have the time for it.

If anyone else have some experience with it, please let us know.
Nov 17, 2016, 07:13 PM
Forgot to share , did a flight on a sunny day

Legend 2 Sunny day // 3Dmode (4 min 47 sec)

now to sit down and record my final thoughts on this camera
Nov 27, 2016, 07:57 PM

Is it real? Gearbest Foxeer Legend 2 12MP 4K UHD

http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_393002.html
Does foxeer really have a legend 2 with real 4K?
Or is it fake 4K as per
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...os-size.16490/

The price and form factor seem too good to be true, and I can't find any 3rd party online reviews of it, so I'm dubious...
Nov 28, 2016, 03:01 AM
It got the IMX078 in it so.... Nope no real 4K here sorry
Nov 28, 2016, 09:14 PM
Just got my Foxeer legend 2 and I was wondering how do you guys mount it on your quads? I was planning to 3d print one but cant find any design on thingiverse. Anyone kind enough to share or point me in the direction where I can buy a mount?
Nov 28, 2016, 09:27 PM
I'd like to see, but I don't have, or want, a Microsoft account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csizpeti
I have attached L2 to my 450 quad with 2D gimbal.
Sunset trial........ :-)

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApQAPM-1OgK8geU9WhUGLSP7Nl0tmQ
Last edited by 4FunRC; Dec 02, 2016 at 11:20 AM.
Nov 28, 2016, 11:35 PM
Quote:
It got the IMX078 in it so.... Nope no real 4K here sorry
Thanks. So I did more research, and it seems that the Firefly Q6 - 4K 24fps 12MP isn't 4K either, but better than the foxeer if I want as high resolution as possible.
Would you agree?
Nov 29, 2016, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibineko
Just got my Foxeer legend 2 and I was wondering how do you guys mount it on your quads? I was planning to 3d print one but cant find any design on thingiverse. Anyone kind enough to share or point me in the direction where I can buy a mount?
I use this mount, but I've also got this specific frame. I guess that won't help much.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1671240

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcmerlin
Thanks. So I did more research, and it seems that the Firefly Q6 - 4K 24fps 12MP isn't 4K either, but better than the foxeer if I want as high resolution as possible.
Would you agree?
Firefly Q6 is a very good option at this price point. I'd probably get that one next time, considering you don't need to configure most of it w/ WiFi. Though for what I do, WiFi config isn't a problem. I go into the config about once every time I update firmware.
Dec 01, 2016, 11:39 PM
ptg
ptg
Guys,
real 4K is not possible in cameras under 250$.
Dec 02, 2016, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptg
Guys,
real 4K is not possible in cameras under 250$.
Maybe need update the post, the Ambarella A12 can do real 4K.
Dec 02, 2016, 02:10 AM
lol Yea but how many of the A12's are really just NT96660 chips..
Dec 02, 2016, 02:17 AM
Quote:
lol Yea but how many of the A12's are really just NT96660 chips..
I thought no company are so stupid to declare NTK96660 as A12.
But most of Chinese company will declare 4K for NTK96660.
Dec 02, 2016, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitup
I thought no company are so stupid to declare NTK96660 as A12.
But most of Chinese company will declare 4K for NTK96660.
You wouldn't think so but they do lol
Last edited by rotceh_dnih; Dec 02, 2016 at 03:29 AM.
Dec 02, 2016, 10:10 AM
ptg
ptg
NTK96660 or A12 = TOTAL MESS on 4K cameras market.
Again: real 4K with real 4K quality results is in 2016 impossible to find under 250 $.

One of the best cameras (Foxeer, Mobius, Runcam style) this moment is FF Q6 with NTK96660 chip.
Superb 1080p 60fps quality, but faked 4K 24fps is total sh..
Dec 02, 2016, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibineko
I have the same problem, I found a mount for the Legend 1 on Banggood but was told it won't fit the Legend 2. I thought I'd order it anyway and try and adapt it with a dremel but after ordering they advised its on backorder even though it's still showing as available. I think they are just trying to get enough orders before 3D printing another batch.

http://m.banggood.com/Foxeer-Legend-...p-1046760.html

Does anyone knows where to get something similar? This one seems good as it protects the lens.
Dec 02, 2016, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptg
NTK96660 or A12 = TOTAL MESS on 4K cameras market.
Again: real 4K with real 4K quality results is in 2016 impossible to find under 250 $.

One of the best cameras (Foxeer, Mobius, Runcam style) this moment is FF Q6 with NTK96660 chip.
Superb 1080p 60fps quality, but faked 4K 24fps is total sh..
A12 can do real 4K 30FPS, next year you will see 4K 60fps.
I wish after we released the camera of Mobius style, the best one will be changed.