This thread is privately moderated by Heli2006, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 11, 2016, 02:34 PM
A steep learning curve here in Leipzig. Never mind the front running stock class riders, I'm having trouble getting up to the pace of the guys towards the back of the field. As always crashing less would improve my chances.

Having a ball though. I just wish I lived a bit closer to the RC bike action.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2016, 04:46 AM

Live Stream from RC Bike World Championship 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1gJ35jk-iQ
Aug 13, 2016, 12:02 PM

Winner C-Final Stock RC-Bike World Championship 2016

Stelios!!
Aug 13, 2016, 12:08 PM

World Champion Stock Bike

Fabio Tosti (RG)
Aug 13, 2016, 12:14 PM

World Champion Nitro Bike

Massimiliano Ciccaci (NF)
Aug 13, 2016, 12:27 PM

World Champion Superbike

Antoine Brunet (RG)
Aug 13, 2016, 02:30 PM
Oh well last again in stock bike, no worries, I had fun. All that is left is to start heading home.
Aug 15, 2016, 12:13 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
It was the most exciting RC Bike Worlds I have attended... since 2010!
Yes, I got a nice trophy, I managed to win the C-final in Stock, but... after some very big fights!
And... Peter... at some point you were really ahead of me! Plus... you managed the other goal!
Aug 15, 2016, 01:04 AM
Thanks for your kind words Stelios.

I think anyone who saw me at the start of Valencia 12 months ago would have seen my improvement.

I had a bit of mixed luck and maybe I gave some people I was racing a little too much room. I'm thinking you can't practice driving in traffic by yourself.

I really need to find someone to race with closer to home.

All good a day in Frankfurt and in 3 days from now I will be home.
Aug 15, 2016, 09:05 AM
Kungsangen, Stockholm, Sweden
For all you guys who weren't there. Here's a clip from the Saturday lunchbrake show.
There's a lot of excited swedish commentary going on behind the camera. Grab the opportunity to learn some!
Rc-bike WC 2016 in Leipzig lunch show with full scale motard. (4 min 0 sec)
Aug 16, 2016, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh
It was the most exciting RC Bike Worlds I have attended... since 2010!
Yes, I got a nice trophy, I managed to win the C-final in Stock, but... after some very big fights!
And... Peter... at some point you were really ahead of me! Plus... you managed the other goal!
Congratulations on the win steliosh
Aug 16, 2016, 12:38 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/

the Greeks!

Sit back, relax, grab a beer... Long story follows!!!

Wednesday, August 10, day 1.

A bit crazy day for our start of the RC Bike Worlds. It started with rain and cold! When I say cold, I mean 12C!!! And rain. Let’s not forget!
Vasilis, practically didn’t do his first Timed Free Practice, since it was his first ever run on this track and it was raining hard! I managed to prepare my bike for the wet conditions while my heat was running, so I decided to run, even starting at the 4th minute of the heat. I did 5 laps! My heat is the 5th, while Vasilis is racing in the 3rd.
Around 11 o clock, the rain stopped, so we did our 2nd TFP, carefully, slip sliding here and there and… cursing! Not us, only! Everyone did! Vasilis ran this heat, but he didn’t really enjoy it…
We did the 3rd TFP but Vasilis was unlucky. He ran on a wet track, while after his heat, the track started drying fast… Some were lucky to race in dry conditions.
In the afternoon, the weather turned crystal clear and warm, so there was the classic Opening Ceremony with all National Teams parading on the track.

The concourse d’ elegance for the most beautiful body started well for us, when the ladies in charge picked both our bikes for the preliminaries. After that, though, some kids discarded us and proceeded to two best bodies, one of which was truly beautiful. It belonged to Thomas Feilner.
After the banquet, a stunning helicopter show had us wowing for a long time!
Later on, TF had organized a stripper show (oh yea baby!).
(And, no, we don’t have video of this one!!!)

Thursday, August 11, day 2.

The first day of the Qualification runs today with somewhat warm weather and sunshine. No relation to the Greek weather, however, which, as I was informed by my family was a nice round 36C!!!
Vasilis has found his rhythm on the track, being very flowing, so at last, he is happy driving!
In all three Q’s he did very well, lowering his best lap times every time: He started doing 30’s, and ended down to 27.8!
I did a good first and second Q, which for the moment had me as high as 17th overall. During the 3rd Q., however, the bolt of the front wheel axle went away, so I had to retire. 25th overall!!!
A few issues were discussed at the TM meeting. One of them, serious too, was about which TFP’s would count. The five ones done on Tuesday, all in dry conditions, but not with all drivers present yet, or the wet/damp ones of Wednesday?
From what I gather, it was decided to count the dry ones and the drivers who arrived on Wednesday should be placed where they belonged, according to their last WC standings.
So, me, and Vasilis were placed in the 4th and 5th heats respectively. As far as the weather was concerned, as I said, we did the first 3 Q’s in dry conditions today and hope for the best for tomorrow, since the weather forecast says rain, again!
However, we expect the weather to be dry and sunny again on Saturday, so I hope we will enjoy driving.
Since this afternoon there’s live streaming on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1gJ35jk-iQ
(You can still watch the racing on the above link. It’s more than 4 hours long!).
Also, there’s a nice German site, at www.mikanews.de which has a million pics of our racing, and they keep updating every day!

Friday, August 12, day 3.

We already knew since Thursday that today would be wet. So we prepared our bikes for small lean angles, with long scratchbars, rain tires and good waterproofing.
The 4th Q. is done and Vasilis is 2nd. However, since it started dry and halfway the rain came, it was cancelled and ran again after the last group. Vasilis didn’t run the repeat Q. But it was raining cats and dogs again…
The laptimes are quite slow for everyone, since no one is really pushing hard in the wet and we all try to avoid that slide that will send the bike out of the track. I go slowly, and as carefully as I can, but I can’t manage anything good.
In the next 2 Q’s we both go slowly, we don’t enjoy driving in wet or damp track and we get down low in the general classification…
But… we have good excuses: The tires we are using are GRP R1’s which I had since the WC in Sweden. Yes, I had them sealed and in dark places, but still they are old. We decided it was not worth it to buy two new tire sets plus the very expensive Magic Rain spray. Anyway, the weather forecast for Saturday was promising sunshine and warm temps. So… do all this expense for just three runs?
In one of these heats, I did a very good 20-lap race, running the rain tires, long scratchbars and the track was drying every minute!
So, we end up in the C main, me in 4th position and Vasilis in 7th. Or, 24th and 27th in the general classification of Stock Class.

Saturday, August 13, day 4.

Finals.

The day at last, starts dry and sunny!
We run the first heat of our final on a drying track. It’s the first run of the day actually, at 8.30 am. Vasilis, wisely, mounts long scratchbars, for his peace of mind, but he also cooks his GRP M3 (dry) tires, to 70c for half an hour. By driving fast and carefully but not taking big risks, he manages to finish 3rd!
I, on the other hand, decided to play it brave, and mounted shortish scratchbars, thinking that it is actually drying. Well… I was proven wrong! It was drying, but not as fast as I wished, so I did my fair share of crashes (huge slides, really!) and I finish 6th.
The second C-final heat is at 11, so we not only have a completely dry track, but also dry grass! That’s very important, since if you exit on the grass, you will not ruin the next lap with wet tires…
At the start, I manage to find myself leading right after the first corner, and I make a good distance ahead of the two very fast German drivers who were ahead of me at the beginning.
Vasilis, also, managed to make a difference and finishes a nice 3rd position, again!
Staying calm, and not crashing, I manage to finish first, doing 21 laps, while Vasilis is at 20 laps, also doing a respectable 27.7 best lap.
At the 3rd heat, I crash in the first corner and being marshalled last, I charge forward passing almost everyone. At some point I have a very clear track in front of me, still charging as hard as I could, and I hear Thomas Feilner saying I am 1st! It’s already the 5th minute of the race, so I hang on, try not to crash, slow down a bit and make it to the finish line first! Even when I was reaching a slower driver, I would just wait patiently for half a lap before making my move in complete safety!!!
Vasilis pushed real hard this time, but he had a couple of crashes and finished 5th.
So, having two wins, I am first in the C-Final! Wow!
Vasilis finished 4th overall, not bad for someone who saw the track three days ago and most of his runs were in damp or even worse, wet conditions…
For the record, Ciccacci, last year’s World Champion, won the Nitro bikes class, driving a Nuova Faor bike, and finishing a couple of meters in front of Martin Hahn, who was leading the race for most of half of the duration!
In the SBK Class, Antoine Brunet, driving an RG Evo BK1R bike, won every heat of the A-final, very convincingly, making this his 2nd WC.
In Stock Class, last year’s World Champion Fabio Tosti, won all three heats as well, being unbeatable in every heat he ran in this WC!

A little later, we did the Prizegiving Ceremony, with champagnes for the A finalists and beautiful trophies for all the winners!
A few hours later, an international party of English, Austrians, the (one and only!) Serbian and Greeks, were having dinner at the local Mexican restaurant! Among us was a former World Champion, the 3rd in an A-final! All a good party, together!!!
Sunday morning, we left for the Berlin airport, arriving at home at around 6 pm.
Vasilis had some more travelling to do: He picked his family and drove another 350km’s to the sea! Lots of travelling today, indeed!

So… now… we prepare for our own Greek MotoGP, at September 24-25, in which we will have a couple of surprises, hopefully!
OK, I will tell… We will have a brand new 2016 bike (actually, the World Champion!) and most possibly some international visitors to race with us!!!!
More clues: From Austria.
One more: SBK!

All my videos are here: www.youtube.com/steliosh/

Pics to follow!
Sep 24, 2016, 08:10 PM
DLAWW
Has it been announced where the championship will be next year?
Sep 25, 2016, 01:36 AM
https://www.facebook.com/events/190181038058348/
Sep 27, 2016, 04:30 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
From Miky Repetati:

Hello,

The date for the warmup and for the world championship 2017 in Italy are:

Warmup 4-7 May

World championship 6-12 August

In a few days will be the event's advertising sheets available

Thanks

Ciao Miky