This thread is privately moderated by xplaneguy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2016, 10:14 AM
dare to be dull
Brings back memories. I competed in 1990 when there was only one national competition. It was sponsored by McDonnell Douglas and held in Long Beach area. The flying was done at a place called Triangle Park, south of Anaheim, I think.

I went on to be the organizer of the East event for 5 years when it was held in FL, sponsored by Embry Riddle. I was the chief pilot for another 5 years or so.

Counting over the years, I probably put the first flights on 70 different airplane designs because of this competition. What a ball.

I wish it was still in FL. I don't know how Ft. Worth Tx is considered "East"
Apr 29, 2016, 08:42 PM
That thing almost hit me
It's a small world. The team from Poland rented some bikes from us yesterday. I wonder how they did? Are the results posted anywhere?
May 05, 2016, 11:01 AM
HobbyView/RCRoundtable
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn

I went on to be the organizer of the East event for 5 years when it was held in FL, sponsored by Embry Riddle. I was the chief pilot for another 5 years or so.
What years were you there? i was there in the late 90's as a competitor.

I've been in involved with the Ft. Worth event since they started doing it there. Fun fact: Ft. Worth is both an East OR West event, depending on the year.

Scores should probably be listed here
May 05, 2016, 12:09 PM
dare to be dull
Basically, if it was held in Central Florida, I was involved.

Except apparently, last year. I didn't hear it was in Lakeland until after. :/

Quick Reply