This thread is privately moderated by xplaneguy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 28, 2016, 10:48 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Contest

SAE Aero Design West 2016

The SAE Aero Design West 2016 Competition was held on 22-24 April 2016 at Apollo XI Field in Van Nuys, CA and it was an awesome event!

This year was my first time attending as a Volunteer Pilot for the California State University Northridge Team and it was an amazing experience, not to be forgotten.

If you're interested in volunteering to assist teams at the next event, check out the link below. I highly recommend getting involved in this rewarding team building opportunity.

http://students.sae.org/cds/aerodesign/west/
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2016, 10:14 AM
dare to be dull
Brings back memories. I competed in 1990 when there was only one national competition. It was sponsored by McDonnell Douglas and held in Long Beach area. The flying was done at a place called Triangle Park, south of Anaheim, I think.

I went on to be the organizer of the East event for 5 years when it was held in FL, sponsored by Embry Riddle. I was the chief pilot for another 5 years or so.

Counting over the years, I probably put the first flights on 70 different airplane designs because of this competition. What a ball.

I wish it was still in FL. I don't know how Ft. Worth Tx is considered "East"
Apr 29, 2016, 08:42 PM
That thing almost hit me
It's a small world. The team from Poland rented some bikes from us yesterday. I wonder how they did? Are the results posted anywhere?
May 05, 2016, 11:01 AM
HobbyView/RCRoundtable
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn

I went on to be the organizer of the East event for 5 years when it was held in FL, sponsored by Embry Riddle. I was the chief pilot for another 5 years or so.
What years were you there? i was there in the late 90's as a competitor.

I've been in involved with the Ft. Worth event since they started doing it there. Fun fact: Ft. Worth is both an East OR West event, depending on the year.

Scores should probably be listed here
May 05, 2016, 12:09 PM
dare to be dull
Basically, if it was held in Central Florida, I was involved.

Except apparently, last year. I didn't hear it was in Lakeland until after. :/

Quick Reply