Dec 21, 2016, 02:36 PM
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
Thread OP
Wow that's pretty nifty Jim!
Dec 21, 2016, 02:48 PM
Good idea...thanks for sharing
Dec 23, 2016, 03:47 PM
AZ Outback
Nice one of the best I have seen, third hole really makes it work. Did you consider threading the center hole?
Dec 23, 2016, 05:03 PM
Not landing late ever again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Burson
Nice one of the best I have seen, third hole really makes it work. Did you consider threading the center hole?
Bob has a good idea there! Think the aluminum is hard enough? Great idea Jim, just in time as I need to do that to my new plane.
Dec 24, 2016, 07:43 AM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
I didn't consider threading the center hole because my standoffs were already threaded so I used what I had. However, if you did it that way it would make removal a little easier. Either way will work better than gluing something to the servo and wing skin.
Last edited by Jim Frahm; Dec 25, 2016 at 04:49 AM.
Feb 08, 2017, 04:11 PM
Just wanted to give some HV6130 feedback now that I have some time on them. I installed them on the ailerons and outer flaps of my 130" span Transonic DP using aluminum frames with 3rd bearings and they have performed flawlessly! DSing at 467mph is asking alot from such a small servo but they are working out great. I'll give another update farther down the road regarding durability and wear...
Feb 09, 2017, 08:44 AM
Mark LSF # 3792
sll914, where did you get the frames? I bought some years ago that are quite similar from a firm in China for ATX 761's. They appear to not have a web presence any more. Sure would like to get some for the newer servos.
Feb 09, 2017, 09:01 AM
Objects in mirror are losing
Great report! I was skeptical at first but they are really proving themselves. Love those frames too.
Feb 09, 2017, 12:59 PM
Hi Soarmark,

I am CNC cutting the frames in my garage from 7075. I'm selling them for $40/pr. I like the rigidity of aluminum and designed the frames to maintain the very small footprint of the 6130. I also have a bunch of the Smartmodel frames for the DS6125 and HBL6625 as well as the KST immitations for $37/pr. You can email me at: [email protected] if you want some.
Feb 19, 2017, 08:27 PM
I purchased some of these frames to outfit an Afterburner (2m DS sailplane). Spencer has done a nice job with with the frames. They are very compact and the fit is excellent, making use of the 6130's third hole. A nice touch is glue "cleats" on the perimeter. I was super excited when I was tipped off by Killercando (Lee) that Spencer had these available. If you need short aluminum MKS servo arms Spencer has those too.
Apr 02, 2017, 08:49 AM
Confirmed that these servos are really frugal on consumption. After a full day of f3f, my 18650 liion pack took only about 200mah to charge full. I am thinking an 18500 pack would be totally adequate, and make some precious space available...
Apr 15, 2017, 09:30 PM
KC6ZZS
In Jim Fram's photos, instead of screwing the cross brace to the standoff, you could get rid of the cross brace and simply screw through the hatch cover. Build up the underside of the cover and you could use a countersunk screw. Layup a thicker hatch cover if you need more stiffness.
Apr 15, 2017, 09:34 PM
KC6ZZS
Sorry about the autospell. It's Jim "Frahm's" photos
Jan 13, 2018, 10:30 PM
Looking for a little help, I just purchased a set of the HV6130H servos along with a set of long metal servo arms for a turbine jet that I'm starting to build. It looks as though the long arms will be to short for the elevator application. I have looked long and hard and can't seam to find the output spline size information. Size and number of teeth. Can anyone tell me the size and who may have an aftermarket servo arms?

Thanks,
Robert

Quick Reply