Apr 28, 2016, 09:17 PM
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
Thread OP
New Product

MKS HV6130 Servos

In this month's (May 2016) RC Soaring colum in the Model Aviation magazine author Gordon Buckland wrote about the MKS HV6130 servos. These high voltage servos with three bearings and coreless motors look like an awesome goto wing servo.

I've tried Googling them and poking around on MKS's USA site but can't find any information on them. Does anyone have a line on the specs and perhaps MSRP?

I'm also wondering if anyone has had a chance to test these servos. Has anyone from team MKS seen them in person?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2016, 05:01 AM
F3B
Is there a bearing outside the servo arm like the multiplex slim star?

Do you mean brushless not coreless?
Apr 29, 2016, 06:02 AM
Thread OP
No external bearing. That servo is interesting, though! It shows coreless in the article.

Here's a snippet from the piece regarding the servos:

Quote:
The unique layout of the design incorporates a larger, longer, and more powerful motor than the previous HV6100 servo, and has a longer output spline that is supported with three ball bearings.
I probably won't see Gordon for a bit. Probably will get a chance to talk to him in mid-June at the next local contest. Hopefully he'll pop into the thread and drop some more info on these servos.
Apr 29, 2016, 06:49 AM
F3B
ah right, so it's an evolution of the little 6100.
Apr 29, 2016, 07:17 AM
Thread OP
Based on their model numbering scheme it would seem so, but again I was hoping for some better information on it. It does simply look like an update to the 6100 and 6110 so that it is inline with their machined cases. The only picture I can find is in the magazine article.
Apr 29, 2016, 08:10 AM
F3B and F3K
The new MKS wing servo has some innovative and neat engineering solutions that will make it more robust for LDS or general wing applications. I saw it at a factory visit and was pleased by the effort they made in this direction.

More to follow later from official sources. As the servo is not yet released, I am not in a position to disclose more information, as I would like to honor their intellectual property.

Hopefully Thomas Cooke from MKS can point out the timeframe when the new product will be released.

Best,
Reto
Last edited by RetoF3X; Apr 29, 2016 at 06:04 PM. Reason: I said more than I should have at the moment due to a misunderstanding.
Apr 29, 2016, 09:11 AM
More torque than a 6625, brutal, as a 6625 is seriously strong for the application.
Apr 29, 2016, 05:16 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Reto. Can you hint at a release timeframe?

Thanks for updating your post. Hopefully some more official info will come out soon!
Last edited by mikejr83; Apr 29, 2016 at 06:43 PM.
Apr 30, 2016, 10:19 AM
As nice as these look I'm a little scared to see the price of them... the 6625 is already the most expensive option and if this new one has more torque, more bearings and is smaller! you would think the price would be higher.
May 02, 2016, 05:55 PM
Jody Miller
This is going to be a great servo. Kudos to MKS for getting behind us glider drivers with a really well designed product.

Jody
May 03, 2016, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmills
As nice as these look I'm a little scared to see the price of them... the 6625 is already the most expensive option and if this new one has more torque, more bearings and is smaller! you would think the price would be higher.
6625 are expensive but they are actually really sweet

I can't seem to find any specs on the 6130, does anyone have a link or picture?
May 03, 2016, 04:29 PM
Thread OP
The only info I've found is in the RC Soaring column in the AMA magazine. That's the main reason I created the thread.
May 04, 2016, 06:24 AM
Duh, sorry. Well I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Jun 25, 2016, 03:43 PM
specs, info and pictures here:

http://planet-soaring.blogspot.fr/20...-of-power.html
Jun 25, 2016, 06:03 PM
Interesting architecture. Very impressive how MKS keeps creating new generations of servos. They seem to have a very short development time.

Quick Reply