Apr 28, 2016, 03:36 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Tarot 130 FPV Racing Quadcopter PNP Combo

Hi guys,
I just tested the newest tarot 130 racing quad and I really love it.

The tiny quad has so many good highlights that I want to share here.

First, the size of this quad is so small that you can easily put in the pocket. Second, due to its very small body and very light weight, the quad can really be called a racing one, it uses 4000kv 1104 motor and 3 inch prop, by using the stock 450mah 3S lipo, the quad can really do a few moves that I can only do with my professional 250 sized racing quad. Third, since it's so small and light, it can be hardly damaged by a small crash, so it's safe to fly indoors with your friends, building a small track in the living room should be a great fun! Then, to my surprises, the palm sized quad even has a 300mw 5.8G Video transmitter and a micro camera. At first I thought the cam should be a so-so one, but after I tried it, I found it's actually as clear as other expensive camera and even better HDR, the night vision is also acceptable for its size. I can fly 100 meters without signal glitch. I guess it's because the video antenna is directly soldered to the transmitter module so no signal loss.

I really like this Tarot 130 racing quad and it did bring great fun to my life. I flew it in the office and everyone is laughing :P Here some videos share with you and I hope you like it. We also supply combo with battery and FM800 (futaba Sbus compatible receiver, only 2 grams)to save cost for our users hope you like it.

Tarot 130 FPV Racing Quadcopter Introduction (6 min 43 sec)

Tarot 130 FPV Racing Quadcopter Flight Test -Revised (2 min 47 sec)

https://www.foxtechfpv.com/tarot-130...pnp-combo.html
http://www.foxhobby.com/tarot-130-fp...bo-p-2180.html
Last edited by foxtechtech; Nov 16, 2016 at 09:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2016, 02:20 AM
Registered User Friendly
Lots of noise in the video considering you are flying in an open area. Is there a way to upgrade the vtx antenna on this?
Apr 30, 2016, 08:24 PM
Can you tell me how to get it connected to the PC. I have not been able to. I get the error USB Not Recognized. I downloaded the recommended drivers, but they are not working. I cannot connect to cleanflight to configure it. I have been trying for two days now.

Dan
May 01, 2016, 02:39 PM
Do not waste your money. This is the biggest headache I have ever had. This thing is a pain in the A#$ to connect to. I have been trying for days and Tarot has not helped at all. Still have not been able to connect to it.
May 03, 2016, 09:41 AM
it could be the reason you used the wrong PC software.
May 03, 2016, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 108buzz
Do not waste your money. This is the biggest headache I have ever had. This thing is a pain in the A#$ to connect to. I have been trying for days and Tarot has not helped at all. Still have not been able to connect to it.
not sure of it ,we have sold over 100 pcs so far and have not heard similar.
if the problem does exist , you should ask the seller for a replacement.
we use cleanflight, it's just a NAZA32 inside.
May 03, 2016, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValHeli
Lots of noise in the video considering you are flying in an open area. Is there a way to upgrade the vtx antenna on this?
there is no way to change the antenna since it's soldered.
the stock antenna is not bad, for short range ,I have tried to fly within 100m in open field , no problem so far.
the FM800 receiver we suggested is not a long range one either.
so just fly in reasonable range
May 03, 2016, 02:35 PM
The seller is you Fox Tech Hobby. I have a TBS Gemini, Sacrab Knife and I use Cleanflight with them no problem. I have spent four days and cannot connect to the 130. The USB dongle does not work. I keep getting "USB NOT RECOGNIZED" and I am using the drivers you recommended. Why can I plugged a micro USB into my Naze32 on my Knife and it works. Maybe the dongle is bad. I have tried different CH340 drivers with no luck. The 130 is a paper weight on my desk. I have tried on three different computers and it still does not work. How about you send me a dongle that you tested and knows that it will work?
May 03, 2016, 02:37 PM
How can I be using the wrong PC software? I downloaded cleanflight from chrome.
May 04, 2016, 04:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 108buzz
How can I be using the wrong PC software? I downloaded cleanflight from chrome.
Hi Dan,
Sorry to hear the problem.
I learnt you were requesting the wire sequence of the Naze 32 board so you could try with another USB. I am waiting for Tarot factory to confirm me this. I will update you by email in 24 hours.
I also told Tarot about the CH340 Driver in the zip file and CP2102 that you tried both but failed, Tarot said the best way to install driver is to search CH340IR.EXE on Google, download and install; Installing directly from the zip file could fail.
By the way, have you tried to change another PC? It might sound funny, but happened to us with these open source FC.

Just trying to rule out the defective possibility; if still nothing works, we can arrange replacement no problem.
Latest blog entry: FOXTECH GAIA 120 Hexacopter
May 05, 2016, 03:22 AM
Thread OP
Hi Dan, wire sequence from left to right is GND RX TX VCC
Latest blog entry: FOXTECH GAIA 120 Hexacopter
May 06, 2016, 09:54 AM
it looks good, but you need to fly more in the field , the multipath problem kills the video.
thank you for the effort, how far can you fly with it and how long does it fly with the 500mah battery on your site?
https://www.foxtechfpv.com/tarot-11-...o-battery.html
May 09, 2016, 09:27 AM
Hi guys

I got mine today from FoxtechFPV and have been trying to flash Betaflight to the flight controller and I have appeard to have bricked the FC.

How do I bring it back? Where are the manuals???

All I did to brick it was push the boot button on the bottom and plug in the USB - and then after that I could not flash to it anyways, and it will not power up the flight controller with the usual sounds, and no matter what I do I cant get access to it again in cleanflight

Please provide a procedure to reflash cleanflight 1.12.0 back onto it and recover it BECAUSE there are ZERO instructions..!!

If I can't get this working I'll be filing a paypal complaint and asking for a refund.

Thanks
May 09, 2016, 09:32 AM
Does this use a standard version of the Cleanflight Naze 1.12.0? Or is it custom? Which one is it if its custom?
May 09, 2016, 10:25 AM
I will ask my tech which version it was, it's a mini NAZE32, so standard cleanflight will work.
if it's too hard to configure, we will consider to supply combo with a radio

Quick Reply