Apr 27, 2016, 08:06 PM
Bind n' Crash
Thread OP
Discussion

What's your favorite park flier and why?

Mine is the FMS 800mm t34. Nice size and very smooth. It flies like a knife through butter.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 27, 2016, 08:31 PM
I have the Airfield T34 (FMS) and a spare in the box. If it's the same plane, it's 750mm really. Great plane...flies like on rails.

Current favorite is the UMX Beast. Just does anything you ask it to, and can fly it in a front yard if you want.
Apr 27, 2016, 08:33 PM
It depends on the size of the park. For smaller spaces I like my UMX Corsair. If I've got a bit more space, the Polaris can be flown at low speeds and does pretty well. Assassin wing is ok in a medium sized park if I can manage to keep the throttle down but the pusher config makes it noisy.
Apr 27, 2016, 08:47 PM
Whats a park to you?

I have a park nearby with only about 500 feet each way of air space, and another park with two football fields.
Apr 27, 2016, 09:12 PM
LJH
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
GWS Pico Tiger Moth. Why.....because it is a Moth.....

Cheers,
Jim
Apr 28, 2016, 06:02 AM
Scratchbuilt Tiny 3D
Flies along at walking speed. and even handles a bit of wind. At 17 in. WS, It flies so well I built a bigger one at 30 in. WS and flies just as well.
Gord.
Last edited by flypaper 2; Apr 28, 2016 at 06:08 AM.
Apr 28, 2016, 02:18 PM
I just want to go fly!
I pulled out the retracts of my parkzone p-47, and use it as a great toss belly lander. Flaps still work great and durafly 3 blade actually works as the deep belly keeps it from striking the ground. Love her. My second parkflyer after the t-28.
Apr 28, 2016, 03:32 PM
HZ Champ and a high wing DH Beaver-like scratchbuilt 7 oz./24" span/2s I refer to as a DeHaviland Rodent. Both because they seem to excite the least fear and loathing in the places I fly, and because they're in the everything-fits-in-a-smallish box class

Tom
Apr 28, 2016, 07:01 PM
Power Glide
Too many to name just one...
Apr 28, 2016, 07:12 PM
AMA 7224
A severely overpowered MUS with control throws set to stun.
Because it does things an airplane shouldn't be able to do.
Latest blog entry: 1938 Rambler build
Apr 29, 2016, 06:53 AM
Closed Account
I have had near 20 planes at once but still enjoy the champ in large field with runway doing landings and take offs flying low and slow. Also enjoy my duet in large field just so easy to fly both planes just want to fly no fight to keep them in the air just a little stick to make a turn.
Apr 29, 2016, 05:46 PM
Learn to build with wood.
I have a little Hyperion Katana that I just love. I'm moving to bigger gas stuff, but I'll never get rid of that plane.
Apr 29, 2016, 05:49 PM
DLGs are becoming significantly more fun for me than I was anticipating.

+1 on UMX Beast, I really like mine.
Apr 29, 2016, 06:29 PM
I really like my parkzone T-28 for park flying. Great handling plane that can also fly when the wind picks up. For close in flying on calm days I fly my scratch built lightflite Bug.
Latest blog entry: DLG builds
Apr 29, 2016, 11:27 PM
Freewing Spacewalker , i believe. I need to try it in a park.

Quick Reply