Aug 20, 2018, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allweather
I always have very small gaps between the two shafts so I think i haven‘t encountered the problem of pulling out or it is lost in translation.

Can you explain in slightly more detail what you mean with „pulling out sideways,“ mfr02?
Thanks.
If there is enough gap between the shaft ends, when rotating fast enough, the tube, not being a balanced load, will tend to throw itself out due to its mass and centrifugal force. Since the length that is trying to go sideways has to have come from somewhere, the easiest source is going to be the motor shaft. The tube will tend to disconnect from the shaft. This is the least bad option - if it disconnects from the prop shaft, the end will thrash about and, unless a collar has been fitted to the shaft, there is a good chance of the prop and shaft pulling out.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2018, 05:40 AM
Small props....
Guys, i have big problems to find small props from 10mm to 20mm diametr no much expensive.
I don't want pay 3 props, more than all the boat

WHere do u find your small props?

Thanks
Aug 22, 2018, 01:46 AM
I go to http://towboatjoe.tripod.com/shafts.htm scroll down to the props, copy their image into a page editor, resize as required, print on paper, stick to brass sheet and cut out. If using a brass shaft, they solder easily, if using something threaded, a brass nut will solder on to give the thread needed.
Aug 25, 2018, 02:40 PM

Started on this project

Finally got started on this.
Aug 25, 2018, 07:22 PM

It all fits under the lid

Just a rudder arm and linkage left to make.
Oct 03, 2018, 11:53 AM

Almost done

Got sidetracked with another project. But this little beauty is almost done. Works really well in the bathtub. 😏
Oct 21, 2018, 05:15 PM
Have you maiden run her already outside?
Any pics or videos?
Last edited by redboat219; Oct 22, 2018 at 07:00 PM.
Dec 19, 2020, 06:23 AM
What ever happened to this boat?
Sep 21, 2021, 12:24 AM
I see all your typos
Quote:
Originally Posted by redboat219
What ever happened to this boat?
With that brushless setup, it may even be more overpowered than the one I showed in posts #2 and #5....
Oct 07, 2021, 06:56 AM
Just to add to the mix - I'm trying to use twin waterjets in the PBR as per original - bought some 9mm 2 & 3 blade brass props long ago - but having difficulty finding a design and someone with a 3d printer to make them - a few commercial waterjets in my collection - all much too large - even the Graupner "Mini" is way oversize - the smallest pair are 15mm's for a 390 motor.

Was given some very expensive tiny Swiss made high speed motors which would suit the 9mm props too........... originally geared they were used in commercial central control systems for power stations etc. Would have to be geared down again as they run in excess of 25k rpm on 6v
Last edited by Redpmg; Oct 07, 2021 at 07:04 AM.
Oct 07, 2021, 08:24 AM
1/87 Lifeboat with single pump dual-jet drive utilizing a Y splitter

1/87 RNLI Shannon Class Lifeboat. Full scratch Model (0 min 45 sec)

Quick Reply