Oct 11, 2019, 06:00 PM
Grumpa Tom
The way things are going it might be too smoky outside.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2019, 09:04 AM
Woody
Dory was a Kit from Harbour models 17 years ago , no longer made. I have two one 17 years old and another given to me by a modeler in Ohio that just saw water this year.
Alex (Tillsonburg)
Oct 13, 2019, 03:20 PM
Where's Pamela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmat2350
Would love to! But we have a commitment with some grapes in Temecula...

But I swear, I was thinking of boats the entire time...

Nov 28, 2019, 05:24 PM
Thread OP

MM info.

Yes, it is that time of year.....

The "Christmas Night Run" will be held on Sunday, Dec. 8, 2019. It will start about 3 pm, and last till __???___.
It will REPLACE our regular Sunday run, and, will be a Pot Luck, the same as last year.

We will meet on the north side of the lake, the same as we do for the BBQ. Bring your favorite dish to share with others.
Decorate your boats, and plan on having a good time.

** IF RAIN, we will cancel and try to re-schedule.
Any questions, please contact Gene.
Dec 07, 2019, 10:06 PM
Thread OP

MM info.

Do to the fact that we will most likely STILL be having rain tomorrow afternoon/evening, we are going to cancel the Christmas Night Run.

We are going to re-schedule, for next Saturday, 12-14-19, at 3:00 pm. I have talked to Gene and Ron, and I think that with the Pot Luck, that this makes the most sense. It doesn't make sense, to make a dish to bring, then at 2:30, it's raining. Also, next Saturday, the weather should be much nicer!
Dec 11, 2019, 08:35 PM
Thread OP

MM info.

Remember all,

The Christmas Night Run, and Pot Luck was rescheduled to THIS Saturday, do to the rain last Sunday. And yes, it did rain.

About 3:00 in the BBQ area that we regularly use, on the North side of the lake.
Dec 15, 2019, 11:23 AM
Thread OP
Gene wanted to thank the club members and wives that attempted to enjoy a Christmas Night Run.

The food and socializing was great, but the weather was not pleasant.

It was breezy and cool at 2:45, and just got colder. By 5:00, when the last of us left, you really needed, a winter jacket and gloves. Two boats did get put in the water for a short time, and some cell phone pictures were taken. So, a few photo's may get posted.
Dec 15, 2019, 04:21 PM
Grumpa Tom
I can totally relate Charlie. Years ago, when the Hansen Dam Irregulars had a Christmas Boat Night Run, we scheduled the lake and lifeguards (needed a paid permit) until 9PM. By 7PM we had packed it up and handed out the trophies and awards because we were all freezing cold in the wind!
Dec 17, 2019, 01:54 AM
Thread OP

MM info.

Gene, Ron, and myself, want to wish all,

A Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and, a Healthy, Happy New Year!!!
Jan 26, 2020, 04:36 AM
Hi everyone I am new to RC boats. I am from Orange County California and was wondering what time on the second and 4th Sundays do you all meet?
Jan 26, 2020, 10:53 AM
Thread OP
Most usually get there between 9 and 10, and they start leaving "around" 11:30 - 12:00. By 12:30 or 1:00, most everyone is gone.

CB

Quick Reply