Apr 24, 2016, 03:53 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Buddy L Rattler

This 10 Wheel RC car by Buddy L, is great, lots of power and is very unique in appearance and performance. I used to have this as a kid back in the 90's and as I got into quadcopters I wanted to have one again. I looked on ebay and got one. I did a quick video of it in action, unfortunately, the camera kept loosening on the back.

Short Buddy L Rattler 10 Wheel RC Car POV video (0 min 36 sec)
Last edited by pseudox1; Apr 24, 2016 at 06:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 24, 2016, 04:52 PM
Bash the planet!!
I had one too. It is indeed awesome.
May 03, 2016, 12:54 PM
Thread OP
I know this is an old rc, but if anyone had or has one, does anyone know why the rattler would reverse, even when you accelerate with the transmitter? Also, is it possible to replace the 27mhz transmitter with another one that isnt exactly for the rattler? Thanks.
May 11, 2016, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudox1
I know this is an old rc, but if anyone had or has one, does anyone know why the rattler would reverse, even when you accelerate with the transmitter? Also, is it possible to replace the 27mhz transmitter with another one that isnt exactly for the rattler? Thanks.
I'm not sure, I had one of these things when I was a kid but its been 20-25 years so I can't even remember where the battery tray was.

I'm pretty sure this was the first vehicle I earned on my own, I walked around my neighborhood shoveling snow for $5-$10 a driveway, it was like $80 for a rattler so I worked my butt off for one.Thanks for sharing
May 19, 2016, 03:56 PM
Thread OP
I seemed to fix my issue. I was using a NIMH battery and the ratttler seems to like NIcd batteries. After switching the generic 12 v tamiya charger & NIMH battery for a Jada 9.6v NiCD battery and jada charger, all is well. This thing is a beast, it would be so cool if they rereleased the rattler with a 2.4ghz remote.
Sep 24, 2021, 12:17 PM

Inside the rattler

10x wheel drive The RATTLER RC vintage upgrade (Part One) (13 min 6 sec)
Sep 24, 2021, 04:35 PM

Inside the rattler

Hey their I started a blog on this RC! Tearing it apart for a update.

10x wheel drive The RATTLER RC vintage upgrade (Part One) (13 min 6 sec)

Quick Reply