This thread is privately moderated by GBLynden, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 23, 2016, 12:11 AM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Syma X5HW WiFi FPV Drone

This mini-review contains information and a video unboxing, maiden flight, and review of the brand new Syma X5HW WiFi FPV Drone.

I have other Syma products, and I have been impressed with nearly all of them, but this one shows that Syma is not resting on its laurels.

In this video I unbox the quad, review its parts and pieces, put it through its maiden flight & first FPV Flight, and at the end of the video I wrap it up with a review followed by a few drone crash outtakes! lol

Syma X5HW WiFi FPV Drone Quadcopter Unboxing, Maiden Flight, and Review (15 min 9 sec)

Here are my review notes:

Pros:
  • Fun and easy to fly
  • Super stable
  • Altitude hold feature that performs better than expected
  • Very durable
  • FPV allows you to record to your smart phone and see the footage at the same time
Cons:
  • There is some slight lag in the FPV, but not very bad at all
  • The throttle cut takes some getting used to for it to work right
  • Not a legit con, but it is hard to control when doing flips indoors or in other confined spaces
Features:
  • WIFI FPV with 2.0MP HD camera.
  • With Altitude Hold mode, setting height.
  • 6-Axis gyro flight, for stability, stronger wind resistance and easier control.
  • The quadcopter can fly both indoor and outdoor using 4 channels digital proportional RC system, 2.4 gHz
  • Functions: up/down,left/right sideward fight,forward/backward,turn left/right,with gyro/flash lights,A 360-degree 3D and special functions (continuous rolling)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 03, 2016, 05:06 PM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
This video is my first outdoor flight with it!

First Outdoor Flight - Syma X5HW WiFi FPV Drone Quadcopter (2 min 37 sec)

Quick Reply