May 07, 2016, 05:15 AM
All work and no play
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWB
So tell me about the tape and covering. Love the time period scheme, I would like to copy it in blue & cream.��
Thanks, finished it to look like Mikes other 1-26. I did not use any tape on this plane. I used 5 mil laminating film on the wings and I used 3 mil on the fuse. For the wings I just cut an outline no wrapping around the corners. I was able to cover the fuse with 2 pieces no relief cuts on the fuse.
to remove ads between posts
May 09, 2016, 09:28 PM
I'm new to foam building techniques so forgive me if the answer is obvious.....For the color did you apply paint or solartex? Over or under the lam film? Thanks!
May 10, 2016, 01:05 PM
All work and no play
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by highnpressurized
I'm new to foam building techniques so forgive me if the answer is obvious.....For the color did you apply paint or solartex? Over or under the lam film? Thanks!
I used Ultracote over laminating film.
Aug 26, 2016, 09:22 PM
Keep slop'n!
Hi, Jack . I bought a LeFish from you a few years ago and it came out great with your helpful advice. (My first EPP build). Do you have any more of these 1-26 kits cut or if not will you be doing more? I want one! Thanks, Dirk
Aug 27, 2016, 07:17 AM
All work and no play
Thread OP
I have a dozen or so ready to finish as requested
Aug 27, 2016, 10:04 AM
More Pile-it than Pilot
What is your recommended CG starting point?
Oct 19, 2016, 01:30 PM
All work and no play
Thread OP
bump bump
Last edited by legliderman; Oct 19, 2016 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Make it easy to find
Oct 19, 2016, 02:20 PM
HEY Jack! How's the summer been for you? Busy filling orders. Wind is finally picking up again but hot and dry summer. Would be a great time of year to get som pics of your 1-26 with the changing leaves over at Max Meadows slope. You build another one for yourself in another color scheme. Just have to toss a kit in the car when you go as many may want one if they are flying with you after seeing it fly or flying yours for a little bit.

I haven't flown in forever...need to get back to building and flying.

David
Oct 19, 2016, 02:48 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
A few pictures of Ty's LEG 1-26 at Wilson Lake this last weekend. I tried to take a picture of mine while I was flying it, but that was more than I could handle, so I included a picture of a perfect landing in my basement.
Oct 19, 2016, 03:50 PM
And Repairs
Not a great pic, but here's Mark's maiden flight.
He's standing next to Dave aka Zenmaniac who also took the panaoramic shot.

By the way there's a build thread of sorts here...
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2726777&page=1
Just a few pics that might help somebody. Didn't want to hijack Jack's thread.
Anyone is welcome to add to it.

Really enjoyed flying the plane. Seemed solid and stable.
Last edited by TyFlies; Oct 19, 2016 at 04:03 PM.
Oct 19, 2016, 05:50 PM
All work and no play
Thread OP
I do need to completely edit how this kit/arf is offered. About 90% of the pics of the build don't pertain to this any more cause they are all done in house. I'll hopfully have time next week to do that.
Apr 01, 2018, 12:07 PM
formerly Juddkleinman
Starting my build on an ARF version today. this is basically a bump so this thread will show up near the top of my subscriptions. I plan to cover in new stuff and just do striping in color so you can see the cool spar work through the clear new stuff.

Quick Reply